Author Topic: An Open Letter To The Hollywood Bunch  (Read 245 times)

Hittman2001

An Open Letter To The Hollywood Bunch
« on: March 06, 2003, 12:19:15 AM »
This message has been fowarded between many members of the us military

Subject: FW: God bless Charlie Daniels...

Charlie Daniels took a lot of flack for this statement...

February 24, 2003

An Open Letter To The Hollywood Bunch

Ok let's just say for a moment you bunch of pampered, overpaid,
unrealistic children had your way and the U.S.A. didn't go into Iraq.

Let's say that you really get your way and we destroy all our nuclear
weapons and stick daisies in our gun barrels and sit around with some
white wine and cheese and pat ourselves on the back, so proud of what we've done for world peace.

Let's say that we cut the military budget to just enough to keep the
National Guard on hand to help out with floods and fires.

Let's say that we close down our military bases all over the world and
bring the troops home, increase our foreign aid and drop all the trade
sanctions against everybody.

I suppose that in your fantasy world this would create a utopian world
where everybody would live in peace. After all, the great monster, the
United States of America, the cause of all the world's trouble would
have disbanded it's horrible military and certainly all the other
countries of the world would follow suit.

After all, they only arm themselves to defend their countries from the
mean old U.S.A.

Why you bunch of pitiful, hypocritical, idiotic, spoiled mugwumps.
Get your head out of the sand and smell the Trade Towers burning.
Do you think that a trip to Iraq by Sean Penn did anything but encourage a wanton murderer to think that the people of the U.S.A. didn't have the nerve or the guts to fight him?

Barbra Streisand's fanatical and hateful rantings  about George Bush
makes about as much sense as Michael Jackson hanging a baby over a railing.

You people need to get out of Hollywood once in a while and get out into the real world. You'd be surprised at the hostility you would find out here.

Stop in at a truck stop and tell an overworked, long distance truck
driver that you don't think Saddam Hussein is doing anything wrong.

Tell a farmer with a couple of sons in the military that you think the
United States has no right to defend itself.

Go down to Baxley, Georgia and hold an anti-war rally and see what the
folks down there think about you.

You people are some of the most disgusting examples of a waste of
protoplasm I've ever had the displeasure to hear about.

Sean Penn, you're a traitor to the United States of America. You gave
aid and comfort to the enemy. How many American lives will your
little, "fact finding trip" to Iraq cost? You encouraged Saddam to
think that we didn't have the stomach for war.

You people protect one of the most evil men on the face of this earth
and won't lift a finger to save the life of an unborn baby. Freedom of
choice you say?

Well I'm going to exercise some freedom of choice of my own. If I see
any of your names on a marquee, I'm going to boycott the movie. I will
completely stop going to movies if I have to. In most cases it
certainly wouldn't be much of a loss.

You scoff at our military who's boots you're not even worthy to shine.
They go to battle and risk their lives so ingrates like you can live in
luxury.

The day of reckoning is coming when you will be faced with the
undeniable truth that the war against Saddam Hussein is the war on
terrorism.

America is in imminent danger. You're either for her or against her.
There is no middle ground.

I think we all know where you stand.

What do you think?

God Bless America

Charlie Daniels

this is my opinion on this whole anti-war movement in the united states is that if you are not fighting the war, don't say anything to demoralize the troops.  the military see's the anti-war movements as anti-military, i know this because my father is in the military and i have spent my whole life traveling around the world with him.  oh, and another thing, i dont remember all these actors against the air war in kosovo.  i wonder why that is??
« Last Edit: March 06, 2003, 12:22:32 AM by Hittman2001 »

TheSheriff

Re:An Open Letter To The Hollywood Bunch
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2003, 06:31:17 PM »
True

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2003, 10:32:21 PM »
I agree with the dude's article.  Saadam should have been taken care of the first time, the guy's a bad apple.  Whether or not he has ties to Al Queada doesn't even matter; all they did was show us that America CAN come under attack.... the day Saadam said he applauded the twin towers being destroyed was the day the world should have seen what kind of person he is.  

The reason nobody was against the kosovo air strikes, is because then, it was a democrat in office.  Republicans wouldn't oppose nearly ANY military action, because they realize how important it is to stand behind our troops, when we have thousands of them in a foriegn country, putting their lives on the line for us.  We need to respect that, and not go around like that twit Crissy Hines saying she hopes Iraq beats us.  We need to pray for peace, but also realize that Dictator's don't use diplomacy.  We've tried peace with Saadam for several years.  It's not working.  After the war ended, he spent the last 10 years talking trash about the united states, praising terrorist attacks against us, building bombs, and lying to the u.n about it. 17 different times, 17 times resolutions have been brought up to the united nations, and 17 different times, Saadam has agreed to disarm.  He still hasn't done it, and it's been 10 years.  If he would have held up his end of the peace agreement, everything would have been fine, and there wouldn't have been any embargos against iraq.  All he had to do was destroy some weapons.  Instead, he choose to let hundreds of thousands of his own people die, over a few bombs he likes polishing every once in a while.  

These actors want to take up for Iraq, and in Iraq, they wouldn't even have that luxury! Saadam KILLS PEOPLE for sport.  They defend him, but readily attack the president of the country that allows them their vast success.  The problem is, like the guy said, they're not in touch with reality.  They don't live in the real world, nearly EVERYBODY I know supports this war.  Everywhere I go, is buzzing about it, you go in a gas station, they're talking about it behind the counter, you go in a resturaunt, the people in the booth next to you are talking about it.  

infinite59

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2003, 02:12:31 AM »
People who support the war always have to resort to silly sarcasm.  Who is this man?  Did you guys read what he said?  

-He said go to a truck stop and see what they think.  Well what the hell do you think a trucker is going to say when his whole source of income and stability is made possible by cheap oil?  And a victory in Iraq would mean more cheap oil.  Ofcourse, if he's selfish he will say, "Go Bush".  The man has to feed his family.  

-Then he went on to say, "Go tell a farmer who has a couple of sons in the military not to go to war."  Well, once again, this mans sons are in the military, and he does not want to allow himself to believe that his sons are going to be out there killing innocent children for an unjust cause, or even worse that his sons could die in vain.  His conscience won't allow him to face that reality.  This of the giult that would follow such consideration.

-Then he said go to Baxley, Georgia and hold a anti-war demonstration rally and see what the people think of you there.  Hmmmm.... The same people who still raise confederate flags and vehemently opposed the advancement of African Americans?

A farmer in Georgia, that's not absolute, eternal reality.  An Iraqi kid who's about to die because we want cheap oil, now that's some deep ish right there.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2003, 02:13:39 AM by Haj Infinite Ibrahim »

verbalassaulta

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2003, 02:05:44 PM »
 An Iraqi kid who's about to die because we want cheap oil, now that's some deep ish right there.
so what...I WANT CHEAPER GAS  ;D

Agua

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2003, 03:53:34 PM »
wack article driven by hatred.

Agua

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2003, 03:59:09 PM »

America is in imminent danger. You're either for her or against her.
There is no middle ground.

dialectics in the kantian sense.... schizophrenic.
p/s has anyone of you ever seen apocalypse now?

Agua

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2003, 04:02:46 PM »
 An Iraqi kid who's about to die because we want cheap oil, now that's some deep ish right there.
so what...I WANT CHEAPER GAS  ;D

go to war then and fight for it
« Last Edit: March 07, 2003, 04:03:26 PM by Agua »

Trauma-san

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2003, 04:47:20 PM »
Someone explain to me how being in Iraq gets us cheaper gas.  Since we're 'best friends' with the people in Kuwait, couldn't we just get our 'cheap oil' from there just as easily?

Reality is, the U.S. gets it's oil from South America.  Also, France, Germany, and Russia...all get their oil from.... wait for it.... IRAQ! BIG SURPRISE!

Trauma-san

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2003, 04:49:01 PM »
BTW, if I'm not mistaken, Charlie Daniels is the fiddlist who sings "The Devil went down to georgia".  Shortly after we were attacked by Bin hidin, he made a song with the hook "It's a flag, not a rag, and we don't wear it on our head" LOL so he's not exactly always politically correct.  

Agua

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2003, 05:07:30 PM »
Someone explain to me how being in Iraq gets us cheaper gas.  Since we're 'best friends' with the people in Kuwait, couldn't we just get our 'cheap oil' from there just as easily?

1. key word: OPEC
2. who is we?

Reality is, the U.S. gets it's oil from South America.  Also, France, Germany, and Russia...all get their oil from.... wait for it.... IRAQ! BIG SURPRISE!

reality is, the US gets its oil mostly from saudi arabia.

Trauma-san

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2003, 05:22:16 PM »
REality Is, your mouth moves before your mind thinks to check.

The U.S. gets 12 percent of our oil from the middle east, including saudi arabia, combined.  We get the other 88% from other sources.  Don't believe me?

http://www.ott.doe.gov/facts/archives/fotw191.shtml

Now apologize for insinuating i'm a liar.  

Agua

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2003, 05:39:39 PM »
REality Is, your mouth moves before your mind thinks to check.

The U.S. gets 12 percent of our oil from the middle east, including saudi arabia, combined.  We get the other 88% from other sources.  Don't believe me?

http://www.ott.doe.gov/facts/archives/fotw191.shtml

Now apologize for insinuating i'm a liar.  

the other 88%...... please elaborate.... i want all the sources (list up every single country and its contribution).... maybe we just have some kind of misunderstanding.... prolly i should have said the largest percentage instead of mostly

Trauma-san

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2003, 06:09:07 PM »
40-45% comes from the u.s. itself.  12% comes from the ENTIRE middle east.  The rest comes from africa and south america.  

Apologize... go ahead... it's not a misunderstanding, you're just wrong.  I don't need to waste my time looking up every single number, you're just wrong, LOL.  Admit it, apologize, i'm still waiting.  

Agua

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2003, 06:26:07 PM »
40-45% comes from the u.s. itself.  12% comes from the ENTIRE middle east.  The rest comes from africa and south america.  

Apologize... go ahead... it's not a misunderstanding, you're just wrong.  I don't need to waste my time looking up every single number, you're just wrong, LOL.  Admit it, apologize, i'm still waiting.  

basically, germany gets most of its oil from the baltic sea.....please apologize first and use your brain next time..... actually it depends on your definition you know..... let's put it this way: the largest percentage of the states' oil imports comes from saudi arabia.  
« Last Edit: March 07, 2003, 06:27:51 PM by Agua »