Author Topic: "Beautiful iz da biggest single eva since "Gin n Juice"..hands down!!  (Read 528 times)

kalliweed

I jus check the hot 100 charts and Beautiful went up to 10 spots from 32 to 22..i know dr.dre is a better producer than tha neptunes but u gotta give dem props its bigger than all the songs dr.dre produce for snoop eva since 'Gin n Juice..PLEASE DONT GET ME WRONG CUZ "BITCH PLEASE" IS WAY HOTTER THAN "BEAUTIFUL" BUT IT WAS'NT THAT SUCCESSFUL ON THE CHARTS LIKE "BEAUTIFUL" THE ALBUM ALSO WENT UP 5 SPOTS,NOT A BIG LEAP BUT ITS STILL GOOD,IAM THINKING THE ALBUM SHOULD GO PLATIUM SOON CUZ "FROM THA CHUUCH TO THA PALACE" WAS'NT THAT SUCCESSFUL AND IT BROUGHT THE ALBUM TO GOLD SO LETS WATCH AND SEE IF SNOOP REALLY CAN SHOW IS NAY-SAYERS THAT HE CAN DO IT WITHOUT DR.DRE...AS FOR ME I THINK HE CAN..JUS RELEASE "LONGBEACH TO BRICKCITY" WHICH I ALREADY HEARD DEM PLAYING IT IN A CLUB IN ATLANTA BUT THAT WAS WAY BEFORE BEAUTIFUL RELEASE OR HE CAN RELEASE "LOLIPOP" WHICH WOULD BLOW THA FUCK UP CUZ SNOOP LYRICS IZ ON POINT AND UMM SOOPAFLY WOULD HAVE ALOT OF PUBLICITY TO SET HIM UP FOR HIS NEW ALBUM PLUS JIGGA MAN IZ ON IT AND DA BEAT IZ HOT!!

Trauma-san

Re:"Beautiful iz da biggest single eva since "Gin n Juice"..hands down!!
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2003, 07:10:49 AM »
I dunno man.  Do you really think this single is bigger than everything he's done since Gin and Juice?

teecee

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2003, 07:43:16 AM »
Well, right now if the NEptunes produce your single it will usually blow up.......they have produced hits for everyone from Snoop to Justin Timberlake to Britney to No Doubt to etc etc........ NO surprise this song is blowing up, but in all fairness i would say the song is popualr cuz its Neptunes production moreso than cuz it is a SNoop song.......
    As for SNoops biggest single since Gin and Juice, you might be forgetting Doggydoggworld.  And this wont touch Bitch Please either, but ya, other than that, this could be the biggest and most successful becuase SNoop usually releases the worst songs as singles.  

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2003, 05:02:22 PM »
WTF?! "Beutifull" aint even that big...I rarely hear it and I live in LA...

EM28

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2003, 05:05:18 PM »
WTF?! "Beutifull" aint even that big...I rarely hear it and I live in LA...

yeah i know....

peace

platinumk777

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2003, 06:43:18 PM »
I jus check the hot 100 charts and Beautiful went up to 10 spots from 32 to 22..i know dr.dre is a better producer than tha neptunes but u gotta give dem props its bigger than all the songs dr.dre produce for snoop eva since 'Gin n Juice..PLEASE DONT GET ME WRONG CUZ "BITCH PLEASE" IS WAY HOTTER THAN "BEAUTIFUL" BUT IT WAS'NT THAT SUCCESSFUL ON THE CHARTS LIKE "BEAUTIFUL" THE ALBUM ALSO WENT UP 5 SPOTS,NOT A BIG LEAP BUT ITS STILL GOOD,IAM THINKING THE ALBUM SHOULD GO PLATIUM SOON CUZ "FROM THA CHUUCH TO THA PALACE" WAS'NT THAT SUCCESSFUL AND IT BROUGHT THE ALBUM TO GOLD SO LETS WATCH AND SEE IF SNOOP REALLY CAN SHOW IS NAY-SAYERS THAT HE CAN DO IT WITHOUT DR.DRE...AS FOR ME I THINK HE CAN..JUS RELEASE "LONGBEACH TO BRICKCITY" WHICH I ALREADY HEARD DEM PLAYING IT IN A CLUB IN ATLANTA BUT THAT WAS WAY BEFORE BEAUTIFUL RELEASE OR HE CAN RELEASE "LOLIPOP" WHICH WOULD BLOW THA FUCK UP CUZ SNOOP LYRICS IZ ON POINT AND UMM SOOPAFLY WOULD HAVE ALOT OF PUBLICITY TO SET HIM UP FOR HIS NEW ALBUM PLUS JIGGA MAN IZ ON IT AND DA BEAT IZ HOT!!

I wish I was as optimistic as you. The fact is, his sales are still shitty... he ain't even in the top 50 (according to hitsdailydouble.com), which means sales still remain less than 20K a week.  :-\

PLANT

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2003, 07:24:07 PM »
I dont understand how people can call Snoop sales shittty?  They may be below Snoop sales-standards, but he still outsells other top-notch artists like Busta Rhymes, Xzibit, ect ect who are all credible artsits.  Sales aint no thing to Snoop anymore, hes established himself now so he can make whatever music he wants.  Its only going to make his legacy better becuase hes making so many different styles of music by the time his careers done, he be like "i did it all" and moved with the times and made timeless music.

Jome

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2003, 08:51:09 PM »
I dont understand how people can call Snoop sales shittty?  They may be below Snoop sales-standards, but he still outsells other top-notch artists like Busta Rhymes, Xzibit, ect ect who are all credible artsits.  Sales aint no thing to Snoop anymore, hes established himself now so he can make whatever music he wants.  Its only going to make his legacy better becuase hes making so many different styles of music by the time his careers done, he be like "i did it all" and moved with the times and made timeless music.

Standard for Snoop is about double platinum.
That would make "not platinum yet" kinda weak doesn't it ??
And he hasn't outsold neither Xzibit or Busta Rhymes by a longshot yet.
Busta's was even a mega-flop, so that's a rather weak comparison..

All in all, I don't think this album deserves more than gold-status.. and Last Meal rightfully deserved it's 2x Plat. status.. imo.

kalliweed

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2003, 04:01:59 AM »
hitsdailydouble.com aint billboard..go check billboard.com right now..snoop is number 45 so he is in the number top 50..u jus str8 hatin ...tell me which muthafucka in da rap industry came out 92 and 11 year later still fuckin up da charts and goin double plat??

PLANT

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2003, 09:00:13 AM »

Standard for Snoop is about double platinum.
That would make "not platinum yet" kinda weak doesn't it ??
And he hasn't outsold neither Xzibit or Busta Rhymes by a longshot yet.
Busta's was even a mega-flop, so that's a rather weak comparison..

All in all, I don't think this album deserves more than gold-status.. and Last Meal rightfully deserved it's 2x Plat. status.. imo.
Jome, who made it up to you to decide what the standards are for an artist?  I really dont think Snoop gives a fuck how many copies his album sold, hes been making timeless music for over a decade now.  Paid tha Cost is just as good as Last Meal, its just not selling as much becuase unfortunatly in this day an age, you wont sell records unless your Eminem, JayZ, or Nelly....and now 50...but hey, maybe your just hating becuase Snoop is going to outsell Xzibit and you know he made a better record than X2thaZ did this time around.  Point is, just becuase Snoop isnt pushing 2x plat doesnt mean his album is weak.   Snoop still outsells a ton of other major artists in the game.

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2003, 10:22:36 AM »

WORD!!

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2003, 10:24:02 AM »
I dunno man.  Do you really think this single is bigger than everything he's done since Gin and Juice?

Godamn, i dont think so at all, in fact im not that big a fan of the video either.. Gin and Juice is way muh-fuckin better!!

I holla!

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2003, 10:27:06 AM »
i read someone say that you won't sell records unless you are eminem, nelly, or 50...which is funny, because i bet that's what peeps on the eastcoast said back in 93...saying you won't sell records unless you're snoop, dre, ordeath row affiliated, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

bayballin420.com

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2003, 11:04:44 AM »
na no way i dont think so

verbalassaulta

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2003, 01:41:46 PM »
WTF...boy its really easy to spot a snoop dick rider....anyway...its not that big...not bigger than bitch please, lay low, or even still a g thang....and not only that its not really that good a song...i kinda think snoop sold out with this and is getting some radio play right next to the likes of ja rule, nelly and missy eliot...just what snoops all about huh