Author Topic: Gang starr...  (Read 136 times)

EM28

Gang starr...
« on: March 06, 2003, 10:21:05 AM »
Look i wanna buy one of his albums but i don't have any rite now....what album is good to start off with....cuz i don't have any of his albums rite now....thanx

peace

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Gang starr...
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2003, 10:54:24 AM »
you say his albums like there's only one of them...they are actually a group, one emcee (guru), and the producer/dj (dj premier)...just in case you didn't know, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2003, 10:56:01 AM »
my bad i didn't answer your question...i suggest you pick up Full Clip...it's their greatest hits from 89-99, and then pick up The Ownerz when it's released and you'll be somewhat up to date with gangstarr, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

EM28

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2003, 10:56:55 AM »
I SAID I WANNA COP ONE OF HIS ALBUMS...I KNOW THAT THERE'S A LOT OF EM'...THATS WHY I ASK WHICH ALBUM IS GOOD TO START OFF BY GETTING CUZ I DON'T HAVE ANY OF HIS ALBUMS....SO WHICH ONE IS GOOD TO START WITH FIRST...

PEACE

EM28

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2003, 10:58:08 AM »
you say his albums like there's only one of them...they are actually a group, one emcee (guru), and the producer/dj (dj premier)...just in case you didn't know, peace.

OH I C NOW...THANX A LOT...DIDN'T REALLY KNOW....I KINDA KNEW BUT I WAS  A LITTLE CONFUSED....THANKX

PEACE

KVB

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2003, 11:05:52 AM »
I suggest you start out with their 1998 release "Moment Of Truth", it's a classic, and Gang Starr's best album to me. You should also check out "Full Clip - A Decade Of Gang Starr", released in 1999, kind of a greatest hits compilaton which features all their biggest/best songs plus some new cuts, it's a must-have for any hip-hop fan really. That was their last album. If you like what you hear on those two albums you might want to consider picking up their back catalogue. They have a new album called "The Ownerz" scheduled a spring release, make sure you also cop that...

Peace

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2003, 11:10:17 AM »
Well, if you're going to pick up all their albums eventually don't get Full Clip.  Not that it's not good but you're have most of those songs and it would be expensive (double CD) for three new songs and some B-sides.  

The album to start off with is their last one, 1998's Moment Of Truth.

EM28

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2003, 11:10:41 AM »
I suggest you start out with their 1998 release "Moment Of Truth", it's a classic, and Gang Starr's best album to me. You should also check out "Full Clip - A Decade Of Gang Starr", released in 1999, kind of a greatest hits compilaton which features all their biggest/best songs plus some new cuts, it's a must-have for any hip-hop fan really. That was their last album. If you like what you hear on those two albums you might want to consider picking up their back catalogue. They have a new album called "The Ownerz" scheduled a spring release, make sure you also cop that...

Peace

cool...thankx....i'll check around for those ones...i will be copping the new one fo' sho....

peace

Agua

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2003, 11:19:40 AM »
moment of truth for sure