Author Topic: Full employment ....keep dreaming  (Read 575 times)

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Full employment ....keep dreaming
« on: February 24, 2013, 03:46:13 PM »
I have been reading with unrelenting frequency of how the economy's are turning round and now the target has to be full employment. Now the very words uttered are in reality utter bullshit, but now we have crossed the point of no return in technological terms therefore there is not a theoretical possibility.

Here is the deathknell to this absurdity,....in 2011 Foxconn announced they would be introducing a million robots within the next 3 years. Now, let's put this into some kind of context, one million robots, 1.3 million workforce.

It goes deeper still, go onto DARPA's website and you can see the emerging usage of robots relatively soon. Of course in there demonstration videos there is just one, but when they are ready to roll, thousands upon thousads will come flying off the conveyer belt.

Heck, robots can now be employed in warehouses, effortlessly carrying huge quantities of stock back and forth 24/7 if needs be.

Self checkouts are becoming the norm

I have been keeping up with the trends in robotics and the future for employment is not good, these current employment figures (real ones) are going to look extremely rosey compared to what is around the corner.

Comments?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 03:49:30 PM by virtuoso »

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Full employment ....keep dreaming
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 10:17:04 PM »
We could go back to the hunter gatherer days and have full employment.  Would that make you happy. 

Bro... the premium should be on STANDARD OF LIVING and not employment numbers.  All that matters is our standard of living or even more pointedly, our feeling of well-being.  Full employment ain't shit.

Technically, if you eliminate minimum wage jobs, then there already is full employment.  Philosophically, human desires are limitless.  Therefore, since human desires are limitless they could always think of more things that they want, it's just a matter of how much would they pay for those things.   But I could think of a million things I'd give some one 5 cents an hour for.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 12:27:32 AM »
Somehow you have not managed to grasp the most fundamental aspect of this. The usage of superior, cheaper, more efficient technology when implemented in a broad sense drives down the standard of living because the value of labour diminishes greatly. Therefore as to your comment regarding 5 cents an hour, well not surprisingly theres are people all over the world who are on similar sums and it results in hoards of desperately poor people. Do the math, the structural changes gathering pace are diminishing the need for labour.

MUHFUKKA

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 11:34:41 AM »
Therefore, since human desires are limitless they could always think of more things that they want, it's just a matter of how much would they pay for those things.   But I could think of a million things I'd give some one 5 cents an hour for.
uh oh, that slave owner mentality comes through again. no trip to africa can wipe away the generations of your ancestors keeping people down

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 09:36:07 PM »
Somehow you have not managed to grasp the most fundamental aspect of this. The usage of superior, cheaper, more efficient technology when implemented in a broad sense drives down the standard of living because the value of labour diminishes greatly. Therefore as to your comment regarding 5 cents an hour, well not surprisingly theres are people all over the world who are on similar sums and it results in hoards of desperately poor people. Do the math, the structural changes gathering pace are diminishing the need for labour.

If technology bothers you then why don't you move to Africa.  Seriously, I was in upcountry villages there that get by without electricity.  It's not a bad life, it has it's advantages.  But at the end of the day, you have to question yourself as to why they are steady appealing to people outside to bring them in more technology?
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Q U A K E

• Lil Geezy
  • Prai$ez 2 $hiVa 4 this priceless puff!
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 10:55:06 PM »
the purpose of life is not comfort or technological superiority and ease of life...

its spiritual mental emotional physical development, harmony and struggle to perfection...mainsly spiritual as i emphasize regularly...all we really need is happiness...and that surely dont come frmo getting pampered by robots or high tech gadgets...in fact, they are used by maniacs to further degrade humanity. for example...the natural frequency of the earth and of our mind in a balanced, hyper-conscious (feelings of love and peace and harmony and clear thought) occur at 7.8 Hertz...in CONTRAST, everywhere electricity grid is in place...we are being forced into a inharmonious 60 hertz...keeping us imbalanced psychically and not allowing us to reach our highest supernatural potential...now u wanna be a robot or a human made in the image of the creator???

the more technology advances, the more machine like we becomming...is this progres??? time to think deeply about our destiny our needs and our real goals as a species... 8) :o 8)
1 for the Treble and 2 for the bass...
RAP QUAKE with the flows to make the world shake.

peep my newest (practice raps) shit at www.soundclick.com/RapQuake

older shit at www.soundclick.com/UCSDeeeez

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 11:01:11 PM »
Therefore, since human desires are limitless they could always think of more things that they want, it's just a matter of how much would they pay for those things.   But I could think of a million things I'd give some one 5 cents an hour for.
uh oh, that slave owner mentality comes through again. no trip to africa can wipe away the generations of your ancestors keeping people down

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2013, 08:55:31 AM »
 Well iam glad that i have a full time job and i wont be throwing that away.
 But yes, iam noticing the self checkouts becoming more common and things being built in China and the like or sent from China and the like for cost cutting therefore reducing jobs here and Indians taking all the shit jobs no one wants like phone consultants, taxi drivers and cleaning.
 I've seen companies employ people as "full time casual" or as a contractor with a one year contract, etc.

Sikotic™

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2013, 12:19:58 PM »
Foxconn is a travesty for humanity.

I'm typing this on my iPhone btw.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

J. B A N A N A S

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2013, 03:44:03 PM »
Upward mobility is a dying concept for the majority of us.