Author Topic: Pharrell is on the new Daft Punk album  (Read 6217 times)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
Re: Pharrell is on the new Daft Punk album
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2013, 09:37:28 PM »
i cant really fault anything about this song...its fresh as hell

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2013, 09:38:23 PM »
What a difference a pitch shift makes:

damn!

Desert Lord

« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2013, 10:50:22 AM »
i cant really fault anything about this song...its fresh as hell

co-sign

Elano The One And Only

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2013, 02:54:40 PM »
It would have much better if the whole vocal was done with the Vocoder/talkbox...thats the true Daft Punk sound!!

the vocoder/talkbox is present,are you completely deaf?

bouli77

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2013, 06:25:25 AM »
It would have much better if the whole vocal was done with the Vocoder/talkbox...thats the true Daft Punk sound!!

Elano, you should read TidyKris's post again, he didn't say there was no vocoder, he just said he would have preferred if the whole vocal, in other words Pharell's part was done with the talkbox.

anyway Daft Punk are back it, Ed Banger Records is in full motion 8) French House y'all

Props for putting Niles Rogers and Giorgio Moroder on the project 8)

Matty

« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2013, 06:22:05 AM »

Elano, you should read TidyKris's post again, he didn't say there was no vocoder, he just said he would have preferred if the whole vocal, in other words Pharell's part was done with the talkbox.

anyway Daft Punk are back it, Ed Banger Records is in full motion 8) French House y'all

Props for putting Niles Rogers and Giorgio Moroder on the project 8)

kind of agree, it starts to get really good after 1:30 and especially when the vocoder kicks in. pharrell's hook is great, but there's a lot of playtime for his verses in this edit. album version is longer, so will be intro/outro parts, should be a lot better. having said that, the track stays in heavy rotation. can't wait for the album to leak, should be next week hopefully 8)

Jack Trippa 3z company ho

« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2013, 06:34:48 AM »
Looks like I'll be purchasing my first cd of the year with this one. Def looking forward to it.

k1000

Matty

« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2013, 04:42:17 PM »
album is ABOUT.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2013, 05:48:48 PM »
lank me

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2013, 03:49:28 AM »
gon' check the album now

Matty

« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2013, 11:55:07 AM »
album is hella impressive, some next level production and that's just from the itunes stream rip. the overall vibe is more chilled out than i expected though, needed a full listen to really appreciate what's on offer. i mean there's a 9 minute track that starts off as smooth funk groove, shifts to futuristic synths, then back to a groove, a classical number, a classical/band/futuristic fusion, hip hop scratching and lastly a rock vibe 8)

sounds like every single moment has been meticulously crafted for a certain effect, down to individual drum sounds, everything. when they spoke about the complexity of the recording process, elaborate experimentation with mic setups for every instrument, that really carries through into the listening experience 8)

and for fans of west coast music, lots of guitars giving that smooth, sunny setting 8)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 12:51:07 PM by Matty »

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2013, 01:20:49 PM »
lank dead  :(

PLANT

« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2013, 04:26:42 PM »
the new album is a huge let down for me.  Get Lucky is by far the best track.  I found Pharrell was annoying on the other track he was featured on.  May need to give it more time, but not impressed after first spin.

bouli77

« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2013, 06:58:45 AM »
the new album is a huge let down for me.  Get Lucky is by far the best track.  I found Pharrell was annoying on the other track he was featured on.  May need to give it more time, but not impressed after first spin.

same here after two spins.

Discovery was so fuckin' fresh and a game changer. This one is uninspired and kinda dull, despite the lineup.