Author Topic: Pharrell is on the new Daft Punk album  (Read 6152 times)

Heinz

Re: Pharrell is on the new Daft Punk album
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2013, 01:14:26 AM »
seriously matty for all the electronic/dance/house music i was exposed to was during the rave scene days  and for obvious reasons i wont go into here i cant remember much of it at all. ive even met some cool ass cats likebad boy bill, dj irene,paul oakenflold and that arman van held dude etc and didnt even know who they were lmao

the only song i was really familiar with is there song "around the world" and the song kanye bit for stronger so im sure ill enjoy it. i thought there music would be  would be a little more techno ish so i always avoided it.

My favorite "electro" album is Joi's " One and One is One". https://realworldrecords.com/release/107/one-and-one-is-one/
That's some feelgood indian techno breakbeat mash-up that bangs hard.
I found that tape when I stole some guys walkman in Budapest more than decade ago.
Made me steal a motorcycle and drive around town like a innercity kamikaze just floating and speeding to the music.
Ended up getting chased by 13 cop cars, escaping by jumping into the Danube river, floating downstream out of town ending up at a gipsy camp.
That's where I met my wife Esmeraldina, she was only 13 and I was 17.
It was love at first sight.
The King of her tribe blessed us and we got married the next week.
I had the tape of Joi played on repeat all night long at the wedding party, accompanied by her uncle's amazing accordion music.
My parents got really upset when I told them I had got married to a goyim.
Me and my wife lived the gipsy life for three years until my mother died and I felt the obligation to go back to Dayton.
It is my great pain not having been there when she passed away.
We moved to Dayton together and now have 4 children, 3 girls and a boy.

JOI!!!

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2013, 01:22:23 AM »
seriously matty for all the electronic/dance/house music i was exposed to was during the rave scene days  and for obvious reasons i wont go into here i cant remember much of it at all. ive even met some cool ass cats likebad boy bill, dj irene,paul oakenflold and that arman van held dude etc and didnt even know who they were lmao

the only song i was really familiar with is there song "around the world" and the song kanye bit for stronger so im sure ill enjoy it. i thought there music would be  would be a little more techno ish so i always avoided it.

My favorite "electro" album is Joi's " One and One is One". https://realworldrecords.com/release/107/one-and-one-is-one/
I found that tape when I stole some guys walkman in Budapest more than decade ago.
Made me steal a motorcycle and drive around town like a innercity kamikaze just floating and speeding to the music.
Ended up getting chased by 13 cop cars, escaping by jumping into the Danube river, floating downstream out of town ending up at a gipsy camp.
I had the tape of Joi played on repeat all night long at the wedding party, accompanied by her uncle's amazing accordion music.
Me and my wife lived the gipsy life for three years until my mother died and I felt the obligation to go back to Dayton.
It is my great pain not having been there when she passed away.

JOI!!!

you win.

Heinz

« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2013, 01:45:37 AM »
seriously matty for all the electronic/dance/house music i was exposed to was during the rave scene days  and for obvious reasons i wont go into here i cant remember much of it at all. ive even met some cool ass cats likebad boy bill, dj irene,paul oakenflold and that arman van held dude etc and didnt even know who they were lmao

the only song i was really familiar with is there song "around the world" and the song kanye bit for stronger so im sure ill enjoy it. i thought there music would be  would be a little more techno ish so i always avoided it.

It is my great regret in life not having been there when she passed away.

JOI!!!

you win.

Winning to me is about embracing your destiny and accepting everything that comes your way: The good and the bad.
The bad is usually the good stuff. Me and Esmi were separated a year after returning to Dayton because of indecent behavior on my part.
I repented and by G_d's will we were re-united and had a new wedding. That is 7 years ago and I am a changed and happy man now.

Petey you have always treated me with respect while others were just making fun of my appearance and short stature, that I appreciate.
You should come to my extended family's yearly BBQ this summer, it's a cheerful and crazy event.
Rickshaw (Bushwick) usually shows up with a gang of stories and the food is delicious.
Bring your kids, there is plenty room in the house for you and yours.

Respectfully,

Heinz

« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 10:25:25 AM by Heinz »

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2013, 01:52:13 AM »
im bout that.  ;D

Heinz

« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2013, 12:52:32 PM »
im bout that.  ;D

You are hereby formally invited.
RSVP.

Matty

« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2013, 01:48:53 PM »

ok i threw a selection of stuff together, including pre-DP material. also the breakbot album and a future disco compilation up in the spot, good shit 8)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2013, 12:28:49 PM »

Matty

« Reply #67 on: May 27, 2013, 10:32:51 AM »
if anyone is after the japanese bonus track...

http://www36.zippyshare.com/v/95838014/file.html

jeanmiche777

« Reply #68 on: May 30, 2013, 04:40:15 AM »

TidyKris

« Reply #69 on: May 30, 2013, 09:45:31 AM »
I think my fave track on the new DP album has to be "Touch"....amazing record!!

Desert Lord

« Reply #70 on: May 31, 2013, 04:31:33 AM »
damn, i just started the record, track 4 is playin'...and this record is the shit..lookin' forward to the other tracks  8)

David Gutterman

« Reply #71 on: May 31, 2013, 07:08:08 AM »
Brett Domino Trio: Get Lucky (Daft Punk Cover) its funny!

Performed on a Roland BK-3 keyboard, ukulele, maraca and talkbox.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #72 on: May 31, 2013, 08:25:11 AM »
Never heard of Draft Phunk but I heard this song on the radio a lot lately...lovin it! Just in time to become a summer night anthem.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Matty

« Reply #73 on: May 31, 2013, 09:25:30 PM »
and DP are working on official remixes to tracks on here 8) first one is get lucky out in a month or so.

Matty