Author Topic: Gangstarr Offer Sneak Peak Of The Ownerz  (Read 213 times)

Dj Eskimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • <iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamer
Gangstarr Offer Sneak Peak Of The Ownerz
« on: March 05, 2003, 05:41:42 AM »
Hip-Hop fans worldwide have waited close to five years for new material from Gangstarr, and right before their new album, The Ownerz drops, they're giving fans a real small sneak peak. The group recently launched a new website designed by the Okayplayer team at Gangstarr Online.com.

The DJ booth audio component in the right hand corner gives fans the chance to check out five songs from the upcoming album, "Skillz", "Deadly Habits", "Nice Girl Wrong Place", "Rite Where You Stand", and "Sabotage". The website also features the full video clip for "Skillz". In talking about their album, Gangstarr says that The Ownerz is about ownership of their craft.

"The concept of The Ownerz involves how people are renting and leasing hip-hop," says Guru. "At this point in the game, there a lot of people exploiting it and calling sh*t they're doing hip-hop even though it's watered down. But we feel strongly about the love we have for this music and that we're true owners of a purer form."

"I'm 35 years old, man," add Premier. "What are we supposed to do, rhyme about how much ice we got? Kids can rhyme about, 'I'm pushing a new Bentley', because they wanna brag that they got something. I had sh*t already. I had bracelets and the lion rings and the gold fronts in my mouth when I was 20. It was cool. I loved it. But as you mature your music's gotta mature. It can still be raw and soulful because that's why AC/DC is still out there doing their thing, that's why the O'Jays still do shows. We make that type of classical stuff. That's what grown men do."

The tentative release date for The Ownerz is March 25.

soruce - sohh

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamertaghere.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204"></iframe>
http://www.myspace.com

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
Re:Gangstarr Offer Sneak Peak Of The Ownerz
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2003, 04:30:04 PM »
"The concept of The Ownerz involves how people are renting and leasing hip-hop," says Guru. "At this point in the game, there a lot of people exploiting it and calling sh*t they're doing hip-hop even though it's watered down. But we feel strongly about the love we have for this music and that we're true owners of a purer form."

"I'm 35 years old, man," add Premier. "What are we supposed to do, rhyme about how much ice we got? Kids can rhyme about, 'I'm pushing a new Bentley', because they wanna brag that they got something. I had sh*t already. I had bracelets and the lion rings and the gold fronts in my mouth when I was 20. It was cool. I loved it. But as you mature your music's gotta mature. It can still be raw and soulful because that's why AC/DC is still out there doing their thing, that's why the O'Jays still do shows. We make that type of classical stuff. That's what grown men do."

Thats Real.  Props for the thread, really lookin forward to this album, peace

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

EM28

Re:Gangstarr Offer Sneak Peak Of The Ownerz
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2003, 09:21:23 PM »

Thats Real.  Props for the thread, really lookin forward to this album, peace

-{bLaDe}

yeah me too...

peace