Author Topic: So Xzibit wrote Snoop's verse on Lay Low and Kurupt..  (Read 3204 times)

Ghost Drebin

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: So Xzibit wrote Snoop's verse on Lay Low and Kurupt..
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2013, 04:24:09 PM »
Again, like in so many interview you can see that Snoop clearly has a problem with Eminem. He always seems to have the need to remind people that he was the first Dre Act to blow up. Ive seen this in soooo many videos/interviews.

I wouldn't blame him.  After Em came out, snoopy was old hat.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2013, 07:14:34 PM »
i always felt Kurupt embarrassed himself by putting those 2 on a song with him cuz Crooked murked it with a perfect verse and Xzibit was damn near perfect on it too....meanwhile Kurupt spits an average rhyme
Kurupt was alright.  He didn't spit any bullshit like on Xxplosive.  "Not one is nearly/ Severe 'cause I severely impair emcees/ Near me, oppose and fear me, I got plots and theories" that part was always nice.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2013, 07:31:49 PM »
i always felt Kurupt embarrassed himself by putting those 2 on a song with him cuz Crooked murked it with a perfect verse and Xzibit was damn near perfect on it too....meanwhile Kurupt spits an average rhyme
Kurupt was alright.  He didn't spit any bullshit like on Xxplosive.  "Not one is nearly/ Severe 'cause I severely impair emcees/ Near me, oppose and fear me, I got plots and theories" that part was always nice.

Kurupt brought it...just went up against two superior verses by Crook and Xzibit... he also used that same verse on an unreleased Dogg Pound track from the 90's

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2013, 09:04:57 PM »
That was a good interview, going to pick up the album tomorrow.

And yeah, and Xzibit definitely did his thing on "Lay Low".

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2013, 03:04:26 AM »
interesting...pretty sure X didn't wirte Snoop's verse on Bitch Please :laugh:

Snoop's dumb ass says "coast to coast, LA to Chicago" hahaha

Blame Sade for that though!

Morphine

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2013, 03:17:52 AM »
Crooked I ghostwriting is the only way his shit could get on an album.

what do you mean??  Crooked's been featured on like 100 albums over his career...remember dude started rapping as a teenager in the mid 90s.

just too bad Crooked is either too scared to too apathetic about dropping his own legit debut album.  wide awake had to do it for him #smh

I'm J/P.  I remember the first time I heard him was on that song with Kurupt and Xzibit Step up.  This is the art of manslaughter.  He killed it.  That song was three of the west's greatest in their prime ripping it.

still my favorite verse from crooked. i´m surprised kurupt put that on his album , it´s too good for him lol . his downfall started from streets is a mutha. now i like that album  a lot but you can hear the direction he´s about to go.

bouli77

« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2013, 04:40:22 AM »

what do you mean??  Crooked's been featured on like 100 albums over his career...remember dude started rapping as a teenager in the mid 90s.

just too bad Crooked is either too scared to too apathetic about dropping his own legit debut album.  wide awake had to do it for him #smh

I'm J/P.  I remember the first time I heard him was on that song with Kurupt and Xzibit Step up.  This is the art of manslaughter.  He killed it.  That song was three of the west's greatest in their prime ripping it.

still my favorite verse from crooked. i´m surprised kurupt put that on his album , it´s too good for him lol . his downfall started from streets is a mutha. now i like that album  a lot but you can hear the direction he´s about to go.

Tha Streetz Iz A Mutha is a very good album for the posse album feel (two posse cuts, pretty much everybody from the dpgc featured), the varied and dope guests(xzibit, crooked i, dungeon family, krs one), the consistent production, and the vibe but as far as Kurupt's skills, he had already fallen off a bit. He was dope on occasion (trilogy, step up, callin' out names) but he also gave us a lot of bland, insipid verses.

doggfather

« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2013, 04:51:40 AM »
thats why tha streetz is my fav dpg album.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2013, 09:17:18 AM »
thats why tha streetz is my fav dpg album.

Yeah.. the West was having their resurgence at that time, I remember the album was released on the same day as Dre's album and I of course bought both.

Clearly though, Dogg Food is the best DPG album.  Streetz is good but Dogg Food is classic.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

doggfather

« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2013, 11:24:44 PM »
I ain't sad whic one is classic, i sad MY FAV.  ;)

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Jack Trippa 3z company ho

« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2013, 06:25:15 AM »
Thanks for postin' this. Never knew that Xzibit wrote Snoop's verse on "Lay Low".
that's a disappointment that was one of the best snoop verses i've heard and to find out now that x wrote it....it's like what the fuck did snoop write ?

DOC wrote most of snoops stuff going back to the Chronic and Doggystyle. That's why snoop appeared to fall off lyrically and flow-wise from Doggfather and on.

doggfather

« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2013, 06:38:10 AM »
;D ;D ;D

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

bouli77

« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2013, 09:15:40 AM »
Thanks for postin' this. Never knew that Xzibit wrote Snoop's verse on "Lay Low".
that's a disappointment that was one of the best snoop verses i've heard and to find out now that x wrote it....it's like what the fuck did snoop write ?

DOC wrote most of snoops stuff going back to the Chronic and Doggystyle. That's why snoop appeared to fall off lyrically and flow-wise from Doggfather and on.

DOC coached Snoop in his early days, which is different from ghostwriting, even DOC acknowledges that. DOC did ghostwrite for snoop later on (imagine, etc.). Snoop was never good lyrically though, he he could freestyle and he could write songs for him and others like Daz or Dre, and put together clever raps from time to time (nuthin but a g thang), but he's never been lyrical ala Kurupt, Crooked I, Ras Kass, etc.

Okka

« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2013, 09:20:50 AM »
Yeah, The D.O.C. have said in the past that he teached Snoop how to write songs and they both wrote for Dre and so did RBX. I'm almost sure that Snoop wrote most of his own shit on "Doggystyle" and maybe got some help from The D.O.C. and RBX. Snoop wrote "Deep Cover" too except for the first lines which Dre wrote.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2013, 01:16:16 PM »

snoop's flow was dope on tha doggfather.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.