Author Topic: So Xzibit wrote Snoop's verse on Lay Low and Kurupt..  (Read 3176 times)

HighEyeCue

Re: So Xzibit wrote Snoop's verse on Lay Low and Kurupt..
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2013, 01:30:12 PM »
Thanks for postin' this. Never knew that Xzibit wrote Snoop's verse on "Lay Low".
that's a disappointment that was one of the best snoop verses i've heard and to find out now that x wrote it....it's like what the fuck did snoop write ?

DOC wrote most of snoops stuff going back to the Chronic and Doggystyle. That's why snoop appeared to fall off lyrically and flow-wise from Doggfather and on.
snoop's flow was dope on tha doggfather.

yeah the thing that was off was the delivery at times, and whoever did the mixing on the album

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2013, 01:33:29 PM »
Thanks for postin' this. Never knew that Xzibit wrote Snoop's verse on "Lay Low".
that's a disappointment that was one of the best snoop verses i've heard and to find out now that x wrote it....it's like what the fuck did snoop write ?

DOC wrote most of snoops stuff going back to the Chronic and Doggystyle. That's why snoop appeared to fall off lyrically and flow-wise from Doggfather and on.

yeah the thing that was off was the delivery at times, and whoever did the mixing on the album
he sounded dope to me the only complaint others and I had when he record came out was the absence of dr. dre but since then it's one of my favorite albums ever.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Will_B

« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2013, 01:38:41 PM »

he sounded dope to me the only complaint others and I had when he record came out was the absence of dr. dre but since then it's one of my favorite albums ever.

Too many dope tracks to write it off

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/zzInd_zwj3w" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/zzInd_zwj3w</a>

8) 8) 8)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2013, 01:54:33 PM »

Too many dope tracks to write it off

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/zzInd_zwj3w" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/zzInd_zwj3w</a>

8) 8) 8)
too many !  8)
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Diggfinger

« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2013, 11:48:59 AM »
So Kurupt wrote "bitches aint shit but hoes and tricks"  :o :o give the man a Grammy!

Jack Trippa 3z company ho

« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2013, 06:48:35 PM »
Doggfather has some great songs, but he def wasn't close to how he was rhyming on Doggystyle, which is of course due to Dre, but also because DOC wasn't writing / coaching on his flow. There were no songs like "the shiznit" where Snoop is flowin on a beat like that. That rhyme structure is actually complex at times and that's DOC's influence.

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2013, 08:28:28 AM »
Doggfather has some great songs, but he def wasn't close to how he was rhyming on Doggystyle, which is of course due to Dre, but also because DOC wasn't writing / coaching on his flow. There were no songs like "the shiznit" where Snoop is flowin on a beat like that. That rhyme structure is actually complex at times and that's DOC's influence.

In an interview, DOC said that Snoop did Tha Shiznit as one take though, as a freestyle.

I think it seems more complex when he freestyled verses because he went on those random runs of rhyme like:
"see you know I'm not European, being all I can, when I put the motherfucking mic in my hand, and..."
"two one, um, dumb, diddy dum, here I come, with the gat and the guitar will strum, I'm..."

While stuff he wrote down he was usually a lot simpler like, "so much drama in the LBC / kinda hard being Snoop D, O, double G"

I think the big problem with his rhyming on Doggfather was just the delivery, seemed a lot more tired, bored,
not as hyped up and alert as he did on Doggystyle... also on Doggystyle, Dre probably cut out any wacker rhymes he did and just
kept the dope ones.

Will_B

« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2013, 11:07:08 AM »
Dre works hard on getting the artist to give the perfect delivery/cadence etc. and emphasis.

Doggfather was probably more like first take stuff

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2013, 02:35:06 PM »
tha doggfather is one of snoop's best albums.

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2013, 04:49:49 PM »

Yeah, that definitely sums up what it sounded like...

Even though I know a lot of people don't like the songs Snoop did with the Neptunes,
I did think they were good at getting a good vocal take from him, he sounds more
lively on the tracks he did with them than some of his other stuff.

tha doggfather is one of snoop's best albums.

In hindsight, yes, but when it first came out it sure didn't seem like it would be!

Will_B

« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2013, 11:40:40 PM »

Yeah, that definitely sums up what it sounded like...

Even though I know a lot of people don't like the songs Snoop did with the Neptunes,
I did think they were good at getting a good vocal take from him, he sounds more
lively on the tracks he did with them than some of his other stuff.

You're right, Snoop sounded perfect on a few songs that deserved to blow up. It's a shame in these days of so called producers makin beats on their bedroom PCs, ain't no one producing the artists vocal like that now. People forgot what a producer role should be

Remedy360

« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2013, 12:58:52 AM »
Crooked ghost wrote for Kurupt in "tha row" era too

so even the Kingpin isn't above ghost writers adly

I remember Crook talking about this but always wondered about it. Like, what the fuck did he write? Kurupt dropped some weak-ass songs on that era, and even the better stuff was pretty underwhelming lyrically. Dude was holding out on him lol

Will_B

« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2013, 01:09:11 AM »

I remember Crook talking about this but always wondered about it. Like, what the fuck did he write? Kurupt dropped some weak-ass songs on that era, and even the better stuff was pretty underwhelming lyrically. Dude was holding out on him lol

People take credit for a hook idea or part of a verse. Dude was probably in the room and chipped in a couple times. Kurupt probably does it too

Remedy360

« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2013, 04:07:34 AM »

People take credit for a hook idea or part of a verse. Dude was probably in the room and chipped in a couple times. Kurupt probably does it too

I don't think I'd brag about any involvement in Kurupts second stint with "Tha Row"  :D

HighEyeCue

« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2013, 05:43:47 AM »

I don't think I'd brag about any involvement in Kurupts second stint with "Tha Row"  :D

IMO "Against Tha Grain" was decent...sure his lyrics were nothing special but his delivery was still vicious and the production was underrated