Author Topic: Kurupt Announces Dogg Pound, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony Collaborative Album  (Read 5642 times)

hitsaw

Exclusive: The legendary emcee confirms that Snoop Dogg and Soopafly will be included in the upcoming Thug Pound album along with all five members of Bone Thugs-N-Harmony.

Hip Hop luminary, Kurupt confirmed in an exclusive interview with HipHopDX yesterday (April 23) that Tha Dogg Pound and Bone Thugs-N-Harmony are planning a collaborative project.

“Right now we’re fixing to be working on a Thug Pound album with all of Bone Thugs-N-Harmony and all of Dogg Pound,” said the Sharon Hill, Pennsylvania-native. “…Snoop [Dogg], Daz [Dillinger], myself, Soopafly, Krayzie [Bone], Wish [Bone], Bizzy [Bone], [Flesh-N-Bone], Layzie [Bone], the whole ball of wax. These are new works.”

The 1990s Beef Between Tha Dogg Pound & Bone Thugs-N-Harmony
The collaboration comes nearly 20-years following the one-time beef between the two collectives. Tha Dogg Pound and Bone Thugs traded insults in the mid-1990s while immersed in the last wave of the Death Row Records and Ruthless Records feud.

Krayzie Bone took aim on “Mo Murda” off of Bone’s 1995 Grammy-winning album, E. 1999/Eternal, targeting the Death Row-artists with “Follow me / Roll, stroll down East '99 / Gotta find these Row hoes.” Layzie Bone followed one song later on “Shotz To The Double Glock” with “Niggas don’t take a wrong turn or you’ll enter the hood / Wig splitters will cover your dome / In a cut where the thugs and hustlas roam / Cleveland Browns / Dogg Pound hoes it’s on.”

Later in 1995 on Tha Dogg Pound’s multi-platinum debut album, Dogg Food, Kurupt replies on “Dogg Pound Gangstaz” with “Ain’t no harming me / Ain’t got no love for no Hoes-N-Harmony.”

Kurupt said that not only have the two legendary groups buried past grievances, but that he and Layzie Bone have become “brothers.”

Kurupt's Brotherhood With Layzie Bone
“I found that a lot of times through disagreements you meet some of your best friends and family,” he told DX. “Me and Lazyie is like brothers. During the Death Row [Records] era, we were ready to tear each other apart. Now that’s one of my best friends. Layzie Bone is one of my best friends.”

Tha Dogg Pound and Bone Thugs-N-Harmony recently performed during KDAY Krush Groove in Los Angeles, California on April 20. “[It was] classic to get Bone Thugs-N-Harmony and Tha Dogg Pound on the same stage after all we’ve been through in our lives,” said Kurupt about the 4/20 concert that also featured Mack 10, Warren G, Too Short and Glasses Malone. “They was with [Eazy-E]. We was with Dr. Dre. We were just defending the people that gave us these opportunities.”

When asked by HipHopDX if Bone Thugs-N-Harmony’s go-to producer DJ U-Neek would play a role in the upcoming Thug Pound project, Kurupt replied, “I ain’t talk to [DJ] U-Neek at all, but it’s just a work in progress. I’m definitely fucking with him.”

KURUPTION-81

Re: Kurupt Announces Dogg Pound, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony Collaborative Album
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 11:19:09 AM »
would be dope, but is it really going to happen ?

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Okka

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 11:21:39 AM »
I don't know, this could be dope. I guess the N'Matez project ain't droppin'.

Desoto Loco

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • D.P.G. 4 Life! Y.A. Or Nuthin'!
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 11:34:09 AM »
Good news, but this gone take a long time to come up. Or its ending up unfinished like the dpg/tha liks project.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 11:42:38 AM »
That should be interesting.  I still remember that rumored track from 1997 or so that was supposedly called "Every Dogg Has a Bone" and being on the lookout for it.  Cool to hear that they still are down with each other and thinking of collaborating.

I don't see it taking TOO long to make.  It's not like they all need to make a bunch of shit, you figure that between the five Bone Thugs members and the three or four DPGs, it's not like they need to come up with a ton of lyrics.  Flesh has a bunch of stuff waiting to be rapped and recorded... my cousin's homie was locked up with him in SLO or wherever he was doing his time, he said that Flesh would just be writing lyrics damn near the whole time.

Mr Wicked

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • way more karma than posts
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 11:55:57 AM »
Or its ending up unfinished like the dpg/tha liks project.

Y'all remember that? it was supposed to be called Vapirz
but that one was never finished because Kurupt went back to Death Row

Okka

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 12:08:30 PM »
Or its ending up unfinished like the dpg/tha liks project.

Y'all remember that? it was supposed to be called Vapirz
but that one was never finished because Kurupt went back to Death Row

It was called "Vapors", not "Vapirz".

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1451148/liks-dogg-pound-unite.jhtml

Mietek23

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2013, 02:00:51 PM »
LOL, another "never to be released DPG project" announced ;D

Remedy360

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2013, 02:06:49 PM »
Would be dope if we could at least get a few songs out of this.

Fresh Bone

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2013, 02:09:14 PM »
I would love to see this happen but let's be realistic. If it's anything like the other Dogg Pound projects, we'll get 3-4 songs until the end of the year, then 2 years later get 2 more songs. Then 1-2 songs with 1 rapper from each camp on it.

Blood$

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2013, 03:19:52 PM »
I expect maybe a few songs to be put out but I doubt that album will drop, at least anytime soon

what ever happened with 1st Generation? I knew that was going to fizzle out eventually, too many parties involved

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2013, 05:51:53 PM »
 Would be really cool if this happened! but yeah iam not overly confident it will see the light of day, as mentioned what about N'matez???
 But hey Bad azz and Bizzy bone did hat album together so you never know.
 Bone and DPG have done several collaborations over the years and toured together so lets hope that it dose happen.

Blood$

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2013, 06:14:24 PM »

that was a bootleg that neither of them co-signed kinda like that Jayo/Spice 1 release... and it was garbage.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2013, 06:55:17 PM »
13 years too late

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2013, 07:00:12 PM »

that was a bootleg that neither of them co-signed kinda like that Jayo/Spice 1 release... and it was garbage.
I wouldn't say garbage. Maybe average.