Author Topic: Bush a liability to himself  (Read 127 times)

ITW [the irish boy]

Bush a liability to himself
« on: March 08, 2003, 10:22:36 AM »
I watched Tony Blair on MTV last night and I was impressed by his performance. I feel he is a good leader and he feels he is doing the right thing. I however still disagree. I feel France's idea of setting tasks with multiole deadlines is likely to be more effective.

Howver from watching the programme, George Bush was frequently a source of embarressment for the prime minister. While blair tried to argue it wasnt an imperialistic war, he had to contend with quotes such as " Your either with us or your with the terrorists" and "future history will be written by us". Tony Blair seemed to be undermined by these idiotic statements and I think it underlines the fundamental problem of presenting this war. While Blair and Powell are making respectable arguments, they are all being tainted by the stupid utterings of bush when he talks to his own people, leading to a huge majority in the wider world discrediting the push for war completely.

Should george just keep quiet and let the diplomats do their work?
SO MANY PEOPLE THINK THEY KNOW
BUT DO THEY KNOW TO THINK
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK

Agua

Re:Bush a liability to himself
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2003, 10:36:59 AM »
I watched Tony Blair on MTV last night and I was impressed by his performance. I feel he is a good leader and he feels he is doing the right thing. I however still disagree. I feel France's idea of setting tasks with multiole deadlines is likely to be more effective.

Howver from watching the programme, George Bush was frequently a source of embarressment for the prime minister. While blair tried to argue it wasnt an imperialistic war, he had to contend with quotes such as " Your either with us or your with the terrorists" and "future history will be written by us". Tony Blair seemed to be undermined by these idiotic statements and I think it underlines the fundamental problem of presenting this war. While Blair and Powell are making respectable arguments, they are all being tainted by the stupid utterings of bush when he talks to his own people, leading to a huge majority in the wider world discrediting the push for war completely.

Should george just keep quiet and let the diplomats do their work?

do you really think this was an impressive performance? the questions were good, his answers were bad.

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2003, 09:33:19 PM »
They aired it in the US and I thought Blair was amazing. He pretty much shut up all those snotty Euro leftists with facts and sound reasoning. I admit Bush probably would have done alot worse.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2003, 09:35:08 PM by CWalker187 »

ITW [the irish boy]

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2003, 04:45:20 AM »
He was impressive in that he wasn't arrogant, and he was very diplomatic. Many of his arguments were severly flawed, and if it wasn't for Trevor Nelson he could have been really grilled by the audience.

As for u cwalker, I dunno where u get snotty euro leftists from. There were 24 countries represented and I heard at least 2 from america, 1 israeli a palestinian, iraqis etc.

While Blair tryed his best, I think in the end he couldnt really give the answers they were looking for.
The only answer i was impressed with was how to ensure iraq retains it's oil fields.
SO MANY PEOPLE THINK THEY KNOW
BUT DO THEY KNOW TO THINK
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK