Author Topic: What's the last movie[s] you've seen + have take on it. Worth seeing or not  (Read 124911 times)

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

Since there's not much talk about movies in this section recently, i'll do it like someone did in another forum[not music] that I go on.  Hopefully it will be a sticky soon.
Iron Man 3- I like it, worth seeing.  I most likely prefer the 1st & 2nd Iron Man.  Is it because the actual mandarin wasn't what it was in the comics?  Perhaps!  Or it might be the last Iron Man.  Some of you guys might not have seen it so I won't mention the rest. 

3 weeks ago i've seen 42.  I like it.  Not what I expected, I expected the movie to show Jackie's whole short career with the Dodgers.  Show him retiring because he got traded to the enemy Giants.  Them finally getting past the yankees in 1955.  It mainly showed his time in the minor leagues, the racism he had to deal with, & his rookie season with the dodgers.  It's 2 hours long but a quick 2 hours.  I just hope when younger blacks see this, they'll have more respect for black supervisors, managers, coaches & not dog them out anymore.  Cause even to this day, blacks have gone through a lotta bullshit just to make it & get a high position.  Sometimes still get denied because of their skin color  >:(
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 09:46:52 PM by Sccit »

MistaNova

I also saw 42 and I thought it was "meh."

IMO
The Good:
*The story itself (it's the Jackie Robinson Story, so of course the story itself is good even though this movie only used a fraction of it)
*The actors (well okay, I have read about how some people didn't like the acting but I personally didn't have much of a problem with it)

The Bad:
*The music and the way they used that music was terrible (we don't need the soundtrack to explain to us how we're supposed to feel for every single scene)
*The scene where Jackie's teammate asks him to take a shower with him is just awkward and gay (I know it was probably meant to be "cute" but it failed)
*The build-up to the climax was pretty rushed

The Ugly:
*Too much filler (that pointless baby sitter scene, the little black kid explaining shit Jackie did to his mom, that white kid who yells the n-word after seeing his father do it etc...)
*The emotional climax of the film was probably the only realistic example of what life for Jackie must've been on a daily basis
*The climax was a pretty poor payoff that could've been executed a whole lot better

I remember giving this film a 3/5 rating a few weeks back but now that I think about it I'd probably change it to a 2.5/5, at most.
I can't remember any memorable scenes except the really awful and pointless ones. And the only other thought that came to mind was, man is Harrison Ford old.

I can't say I'd recommend seeing this movie, but at the same time I think it might be worth seeing. If you can get a huge discount that is.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 12:21:14 AM by Iveus »

Sccit

"guilt trip" - pretty good for a redbox movie, but not too much comedy in it

"lincoln" - boring as fuck, didnt even finish it .. historically interesting, but some shit that can put u to sleep with its excessive dialogue.

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

Saw Fast & Furious 6 monday.  Very good, but I still feel fast 5 is better.  How do I talk about this without spoiling things for others?  :eh:  There were a couple of things that pissed me off on this which lost a few points with me, a betrayal & a bitch tactic which is too common in movies the last few years  >:(  Bitch tactic i'm talking about is when criminals go after innocent people who have nothing to do with the beef.  I helped lead a clap when Dominic jumped at the right time & caught letty in mid-air.  Why do latinas prefer being called that?  Leticia sounds more sexy & letty sounds more like betty or lettuce.  A good fight when the rock & diesel fought tought opponents.  And near the end, a couple of fucked up incidents.  Lets just say, they chose not to act like the 3rd F & F never happened.  Wished they did.  There will be a F & F 7.  And someone who never really been a villain will be one this sequel.  Scene i'm talking about happens b4 the ending credits appear.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Saw Fast & Furious 6 monday.  Very good, but I still feel fast 5 is better.  How do I talk about this without spoiling things for others?  :eh:  There were a couple of things that pissed me off on this which lost a few points with me, a betrayal & a bitch tactic which is too common in movies the last few years  >:(  Bitch tactic i'm talking about is when criminals go after innocent people who have nothing to do with the beef.  I helped lead a clap when Dominic jumped at the right time & caught letty in mid-air.  Why do latinas prefer being called that?  Leticia sounds more sexy & letty sounds more like betty or lettuce.  A good fight when the rock & diesel fought tought opponents.  And near the end, a couple of fucked up incidents.  Lets just say, they chose not to act like the 3rd F & F never happened.  Wished they did.  There will be a F & F 7.  And someone who never really been a villain will be one this sequel.  Scene i'm talking about happens b4 the ending credits appear.

couldnt pay me to see that movie

good you enjoyed, though
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Sccit

Texas chainsaw 3d - pretty good for modern day horror, much better than expected

Hangover 3- funny shit, on par with the 2nd

Charlie sheen movie - strange film, nothin special, had its moments

Gangster squad - too cliche, was pretty faded so I was zonin out half the movie

krzieg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Live 4 Everything Die 4 Nothing
This is the end - extremely funny. I enjoyed it but some may find it corny.

Fast & Furious 6 - I haven't seen any of the previous ones. I thought it was a good watch.

Iron Man 3 - I liked it.

Hangover 3 - I enjoyed it. Same old story but still funny.

IT'S STILL..........

H.E.A.T
n'
H.E.A.D

Sccit

Silver Lining - Pretty good.. a lil soft, but interesting story with some good acting

Pawn - Also good.. nice story, kills, action, suspense... overall dope.

Aladin

• Muthafuckin' OG
I Always look @ the rating on IMDB.
If it scores below 6, I ain't gonna waste my time.

I combine the score with how many people voted. It must be above the 1000 votes. Otherwise it is only the production team who is responsible for a high rating (rating their own film.)

Heinz

Collateral
I enjoyed this one for a Tom Cruise movie.

37°2 le matin (Betty Blue)
Really good. Saw it 12 years ago and it brought back memories from those days.

Remedy360

I can't say I'd recommend seeing this movie, but at the same time I think it might be worth seeing. If you can get a huge discount that is.

Interesting, I thought 42 was good.

Anyways, just saw This is the End. Fuck yeah I reccomend it 8)

Heinz

Collateral
I enjoyed this one for a Tom Cruise movie.

37°2 le matin (Betty Blue)
Really good. Saw it 12 years ago and it brought back memories from those days.

Yeah Betty Blue is one of those classic 80's movies. The French got good integrity with their home grown cinema

Collateral is ok a lil style over content. Only Tom Cruise film I really like is Last Samurai

I think it is pretty safe to say that we are probably the only two people here that have seen Betty Blue.
If your average poster here goes and rents that movie I wonder what he would think of it. It's not exactly Menace to Society.

Last Samurai was pretty good.

krzieg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Live 4 Everything Die 4 Nothing

Interesting, I thought 42 was good.

Anyways, just saw This is the End. Fuck yeah I reccomend it 8)

This is the end is a def watch!

« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 12:47:05 AM by krzieg »
IT'S STILL..........

H.E.A.T
n'
H.E.A.D

Heinz

I combine the score with how many people voted. It must be above the 1000 votes. Otherwise it is only the production team who is responsible for a high rating (rating their own film.)

I just saw Watchmen and it was not a good movie.
Out of curiosity I checked IMDB for it's rating and to my surprise it was given 7.6 out of 10...

Remedy360

I just saw Watchmen and it was not a good movie.
Out of curiosity I checked IMDB for it's rating and to my surprise it was given 7.6 out of 10...

I thought Watchmen was decent, not what I expected at all but not a bad movie.