Author Topic: What's the last movie[s] you've seen + have take on it. Worth seeing or not  (Read 125011 times)

The Mexican Turtle

• Lil Geezy
  • mierda del gángster!
Most the new movies are all smoke and mirrors to keep the masses memorized...

...If you want to see a real movie, with a real storyline, real creativity then go see Boyhood... it's a once in a lifetime movie and there are things done in that movie that have never been done before and may never again be duplicated.  They followed this family around for like 16 years to complete the movie.

Have heard good things about it, 16 years in the making, that a long time.

Remedy360

House of the Devil. I enjoyed it. Modern movie that does a good job giving the viewer an 80's feel. I would recommend it, especially Netflix users looking for a good horror flick to check out.

Good lookin out, ima peep that

Lemme know what you think, I've talked to a few people that weren't really feelin it, doesn't really follow the Hollywood formula but that's one of the things I liked about it.

krzieg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Live 4 Everything Die 4 Nothing
Real Gangsters (2013)

IMDB rating: 7.9

I enjoyed this movie & recommend it to all.

IT'S STILL..........

H.E.A.T
n'
H.E.A.D

dnjp4life

The Raid: great action movie, very fast-paced and entertainingly violent.  An Indonesian film, but subtitled.
The Room: third time seeing it, just gets better everytime.  Everyone needs to watch this at least once in their life, if at least to say that you've seen it.
Up In The Air: OK film about the recession from a few years ago and how it impacted people in corporate jobs.  A slow-burner that improves towards the end.

krzieg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Live 4 Everything Die 4 Nothing
The Negotiator (1998)

IMDB: 7.3

IT'S STILL..........

H.E.A.T
n'
H.E.A.D

David Gutterman

Re: What's the last movie[s] you've seen + have take on it. Worth seeing or not
« Reply #125 on: September 15, 2014, 01:36:42 AM »

trailer:

Absolutely fan fucking tastic! if you into art.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 05:13:31 AM by David Gutterman »

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #126 on: September 21, 2014, 11:46:30 PM »
 Been watching lots of low budget movies. Not sure if many of them are worth mentoning but i saw "septic man" last night. Weird fucking movie. Hard to describe, random, kind of a nothing movie lol. Kind of a horror.
 Re watched "spawn of chucky" cos i couldnt remember if i had watched it or not. Its ok but kind of stupid. Forgot that Redman was in it.
 Then i watched "curse of chucky" thats more like it. back to the old style. More serious, not so silly.
  Ah "knights of badassdom" pretty shit really, i just watched it becuase the lil dwarf guy from game of thrones is in it.

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #127 on: September 23, 2014, 04:03:59 AM »
 seen the second "fright night" remake. It was ok. Not horrible, not great. Bit cheesy.
 Just watched "all cheer leaders die" Pretty shit movie but is a teen scream flick really. Good for a perv. Lots of pretty lil white chicks in cheer leader out fits n bikinis n skimpy out fits. One of them is a gorgeous brunette that is in that tv series called "reign". It was ok i guess but pretty lame. Just teens partying and playing American football and had the token black guy in it lol.

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #128 on: September 30, 2014, 01:10:02 AM »
"22 jump street" was pretty cool/funny. Was slightly long and the bromance got a bit tedious but was pretty funny overal.

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #129 on: October 01, 2014, 12:35:09 AM »
"The expendables 3" Pretty cool movie. Quite ridiculous, they really went all out on this one. Over the top in true 80's action movie form.
 Good action and quite funny at times too.
 Corny but sposed tp be!

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #130 on: October 02, 2014, 12:08:03 PM »
 I just watched this; (keitai kanojo(translates to Mobile Boyfriend))

Pretty cool. I mean i guess that you could call it a horror. Its rather eeri and creepy, then its kinda just funny, then a tad shit. But overall a pretty decent flick. An interesting idea. Actually pretty oroginal. Something only the Japanese would think of i guess.
 Basically there is a mobile phone game/app popular amoungsy Japanese girls. The girls converse with their mobil boyfriend and rumour has it that is the love points metre reaches zero or one hundred that you will die.
 Its funny becuase the explanation later in the movie as to why or how what is happening is happening is so lame lol!
 But yeah, creepy eerie japanese style and gorgeous young pretty Japanese girls, whats not to like? :D
 Heres some screens n character/actress pics;

The movie is on you tube if your interested.
lmao
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 12:11:55 PM by KrazySumwhat »

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #131 on: October 05, 2014, 09:42:36 AM »
 watched a movie called "not cool" i only watched it because anime voice actress Cherami Leigh was in it. Not bad, nothing fantastic but i got a few laughs.

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #132 on: October 15, 2014, 04:02:10 PM »
 I saw "edge of tomorrow" pretty good. lame in some ways but pretty cool effects and action and acting.
 "sin city 2" didnt overly like this one. It was kind of cool and pretty tripped out but i found it a bit lame and a bit boring.

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #133 on: October 18, 2014, 09:10:39 AM »
"Extraterrestrial" was decent for an alien abduction/conspiracy/cover up sort of movie.
 "Lucy" This was pretty cool. Rather tripped out.

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #134 on: October 27, 2014, 08:20:42 PM »
 "House bound" This is a New Zealand movie. Not too bad, its another haunted house type movie but it was different. part horror/thriller part comedy and it was unpredictable. Perhaps went a bit longer than it had to.
 "Kite" Pretty cool for a B grade action flick based off of the anime. I think the anime was better but this was ok. The main female actress is very very pretty and at times looks a bit like an anime girl or like she is in cosplay. Samuel l Jackson is in this too. Good action, not the best film ever.
 "Come back to me" I guess this is a thriller kind of horror. About a couple, the female really wants a baby the male unsure. A guy moves in across the street. Weird things seem to start happening with the girl. Dudes a weirdo. This film initially seemed very predictable but i was surprised at how unpredictable it turned out.
 Ok i really wanted to watch this;

But i couldn't find a working link or a seeded torrent anywhere but i did read somewhere that most(its a collection of short stories) of them were included in "Tales of terror from Tokyo amd all across japan"
 So, i have watched volume 1,2 & 3. there is also a part 3-2 but i haven't found it yet.

They are short ghost stories. Some quite good, some not so great. I found some creepy and eerie but others were more funny and some were just like wtf?
 Some very pretty Japanese girls in some of them.