Author Topic: OMG Great Britain is pathetic...there goes their freedom of speech  (Read 223 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
first off to those of you who will take the title seriously and start shooting off about america .....this thread is intented to show how pathetic all these anti american threads are getting......anyways, on with the British Bash

By Cathryn Conroy, CompuServe News Editor
Great Britain's Independent Television Commission has banned one of McDonald's TV ads saying the succulent burger portrayed in the commercial bears little resemblance to the real thing, reports Britain's Telegraph. Under fire by the ITC is the McDonald's Steak Premier sandwich, which the ad describes as "steak in ciabatta with chargrilled peppers, onions, and a black pepper mayo." Pictured is a burger in a bun that contains a substantial amount of dressing, peppers, and onions. But viewers who complained to the ITC, which is why the investigation was initiated by the advertising watchdog, said the real burger was "flat, not as well filled with peppers and onions, and that the consistency of the dressing was thinner." One viewer also said the steak was smaller.

McDonald's told the ITC it issued "detailed guidelines" to its restaurants on how the burgers are to be prepared so that quality is consistent. The fast-food giant said that it followed those very guidelines when it cooked the burger that was used in the commercial so that the burger shown "represented what would be supplied to customers." But the ITC investigator who went to several McDonald's restaurants to make anonymous purchases said there was a "disparity between the quantity of toppings against the television advertisements."

The ITC concluded: "Presentation, quantity, and proportion of ingredients varied considerably, though the ITC did not find that size of the steaks differed significantly from the advertisement." McDonald's admitted that for the commercial some of the toppings were moved to the side so they would be visible to viewers. The ITC called that practice "misleading." The Telegraph reports that McDonald's has been ordered not to run this commercial again.

LOL are they just getting it or WHAT?? i don't know one single resturaunt (fast food) that has the exact same burger in the comercial as they do in the resturaunt. Also i work at Mc Donald's and made that  sandwhich and  either A. great britain's got unsatisfiable bitchy people living there B. Shitty workers who can't make it right C. crazy  Grill instructions.......cuz i've made this a million times and there's plenty of meat to fill you up without the condements, then it comes with fries and a coke. Plus they act like you can't say extra toppings (which is free btw)

lol ^sorry but i couldn't resist , pathetic huh....
« Last Edit: March 04, 2003, 10:41:41 PM by Don Jacob Corleone »

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

TheSheriff

Re:OMG Great Britain is pathetic...there goes ther freedom of speech
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2003, 05:06:43 PM »
Not destruction of freedom of speech; just pedancy. All TV commissions are dumb.

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
Re:OMG Great Britain is pathetic...there goes their freedom of speech
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2003, 05:13:34 AM »
So what does this have to do with freedom of speech?

ITW [the irish boy]

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2003, 07:10:11 AM »
Just sounds like a classic case of false advertising. Unfair on parents who have to bring their kids there because of it. Anyway, McDonalds is a shit hole and so are most chippers. Only good thing about chippers vs mcdonalds is chippers have real chips and are better value for money.

What did this have to do with freedom of speech?
SO MANY PEOPLE THINK THEY KNOW
BUT DO THEY KNOW TO THINK
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2003, 04:12:05 AM »
maby blair spent to much "quality time" with bush

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2003, 09:24:21 PM »
So what does this have to do with freedom of speech?

a company can't advertise their product becuase people arn't satisfied with the product.......in case you didn't notice i was playing around to make a point

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2003, 09:25:12 PM »
maby blair spent to much "quality time" with bush

???
was that suppose to be a joke