Author Topic: Something Scary We Can't Do Anything About  (Read 2178 times)

Agua

Re:Something Scary We Can't Do Anything About
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2003, 06:41:52 PM »
oops i meant truman

TheSheriff

« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2003, 06:47:24 PM »
oops i meant truman

Yup, Truman was a bastard. Agreed. FDR only let him be Vice because Truman would have cried otherwise.

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2003, 06:52:46 PM »

PS: As for Hiroshima and Nagasaki...that was a long goddamn time ago.  Japan attacked the U.S. without warning, killing thousands and taking out a large part of our naval fleet.

fdr knew that japan would attack... take a course on history

you should...it was Truman

So we bombed them twice, knowing that one time was not enough for their surrender.  

you didn't bomb anyone.

Noone likes a smartass

Yes, innocent people did parish and it was a horrible thing.  BUT, if the U.S. really wanted to make Japan suffer, we would've bombed Tokyo

man....i'm impressed by your ruthlessness... pure fascism

I'm impressed by your ignorance.  I just said innocent people dying was a horrible thing...dumbass

We took out Hiroshima and Nagasaki because they were places of military intelligence, NOT because they were just cities with lots of people in it.

again, you didn't do anything..... besides, PLEASE take a course on history.... please...... really.... hiroshima and nagasaki were places of military intelligence? if stupidity hurt you'd be dead. Hiroshima and Nagasaki were WAR CRIMES. These cities were bombed to break the Japanese. Please take a course on history ...

WAR CRIMES?  You wanna talk about war crimes?  OK, let's talk about Germany's(your country) former Nazi leader who killed hundreds of thousands of Jews because he hated them.  BTW, I am in Global History 10 right now, learning about WWI...I'm so sorry I haven't leared all that much about WWII compared to your vast knowledge on everything.

Agua

« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2003, 06:54:19 PM »

Oh, and Agua is on point a lot; but I think to call FDR a war criminal is stretching a point. Desperation makes men do strange things, and in the long term, it DID save lives. However, were those American lives worth sacrificing the world's innocence for?

truman, not fdr - my fault. truman was really proud of the massacre. hence i think war criminal is an appropriate name for this guy. i agree that pearl harbor was a cowardish act (a war crime) - yet it was no reason to annihilate hiroshima and nagaski. since these places were inhabited by approximately 400000-600000 (correct me i'm wrong) people, the whole thing is such a contemptible atrocity - there is no excuse.

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2003, 06:55:53 PM »
dont the president have the last word?? ... im pretty sure the president have the last word, specially when it comes to war..

btw xearo...

japan bombed military targets....

america NUKED military target.... the biggest fool would understand that even if you NUKE military target, the ENTIRE are wil be afected... so the president and his "staff" KNEW that millions... and millions... (man i feel like the rock.. lol) of people would die becaue of that nuke they dropped...

Congress has the ultimate decision on anything.  Yes, the President can Veto, but Congress can overthrow the Veto.

PS: It wasn't millions and millions(kinda do feel like the rock,lol) who died.  From both bombings, around 250,000 died...not millions...

Agua

« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2003, 06:57:56 PM »

WAR CRIMES?  You wanna talk about war crimes?  OK, let's talk about Germany's(your country) former Nazi leader who killed hundreds of thousands of Jews because he hated them.

true. ironically, i would have been among the victims of the holocaust - i'm a mulatto. so please spare me your stupid rant and stick to the topic you mental midget

BTW, I am in Global History 10 right now, learning about WWI...I'm so sorry I haven't leared all that much about WWII compared to your vast knowledge on everything.

then shut up.

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2003, 06:59:44 PM »

Oh, and Agua is on point a lot; but I think to call FDR a war criminal is stretching a point. Desperation makes men do strange things, and in the long term, it DID save lives. However, were those American lives worth sacrificing the world's innocence for?

truman, not fdr - my fault. truman was really proud of the massacre. hence i think war criminal is an appropriate name for this guy. i agree that pearl harbor was a cowardish act (a war crime) - yet it was no reason to annihilate hiroshima and nagaski. since these places were inhabited by approximately 400000-600000 (correct me i'm wrong) people, the whole thing is such a contemptible atrocity - there is no excuse.

Talk about histroy classes...

You think that Truman was PROUD of the massacre?  You are even more ignorant than I thought.  The only thing in that whole ordeal that Truman was proud of was finally ending the war between the U.S. and Japan, saving thousands and thousands of American lives by not invading.

Agua

« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2003, 06:59:57 PM »

PS: It wasn't millions and millions(kinda do feel like the rock,lol) who died.  From both bombings, around 250,000 died...not millions...

what a difference...  ::)

Quakaveli

« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2003, 07:03:34 PM »
man....i'm impressed by pure fascism

HEIL AGUA!!!!

TheSheriff

« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2003, 07:03:43 PM »
Truman was proud America had created such a wonderful device. The man was a certifiable maniac. The only president I trust less is Lincoln. At least JFK and Clinton, though liars, were good presidents.

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2003, 07:03:59 PM »

IGNORANCE

It is a big difference.  A million people...let's see if I remember from math class...OH RIGHT

1,000,000 people is 4 TIMES the amount of 250,000...that is a big difference...

Agua

« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2003, 07:09:04 PM »

IGNORANCE

It is a big difference.  A million people...let's see if I remember from math class...OH RIGHT

you didn't even realize what i was aiming at.... poor fool

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2003, 07:11:36 PM »
Heres another idea for everyone to think about...

Let's say that the U.S. didn't drop the two atomic bombs.  If they didn't, the war would've dragged on for at least another year.(Japan wasn't going to surrender after the first bomb...would they surrender if the US invaded?  Probably not.)

If the U.S. invaded Japan, thousands and thousands of lives would be lost in the first week.  Japan would be bombing the US, the US would be bombing Japan...and this thing would've gone on for some time...all the while more and more people are dying.

So, if 250,000 people died in the two bombings, compare it to the death figures that would've resulted if we didn't use the A-Bomb and the war would've dragged on for a much longer time.  The difference between them may not be all that big.....

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2003, 07:16:09 PM »

IGNORANCE

you didn't even realize what i was aiming at.... poor fool

Yes, I did see what you were aiming at.

You're saying that 250,000 deaths compared to millions of deaths isn't that big because so many people died.  It is a difference...a HUGE difference...because its 4 times or more as many families that would've been broken up and destroyed.  If you can't see that...then I give up...
« Last Edit: March 13, 2003, 07:17:20 PM by Xearo »

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2003, 03:43:46 AM »
Heres another idea for everyone to think about...

Let's say that the U.S. didn't drop the two atomic bombs.  If they didn't, the war would've dragged on for at least another year.(Japan wasn't going to surrender after the first bomb...would they surrender if the US invaded?  Probably not.)

If the U.S. invaded Japan, thousands and thousands of lives would be lost in the first week.  Japan would be bombing the US, the US would be bombing Japan...and this thing would've gone on for some time...all the while more and more people are dying.

So, if 250,000 people died in the two bombings, compare it to the death figures that would've resulted if we didn't use the A-Bomb and the war would've dragged on for a much longer time.  The difference between them may not be all that big.....

so you're saying that its actually good that usa killed thousands (the million thing was a joke,,..) japs with nukes... ?? ?? to avoid further battles ?? ?? ??....

in that case lets check this situation....

al quaida feels oppresed by usa... so they bombed twin towers in order to terrify usa and make them think twice before tryig to kill them.... so i guess they were justified to do that accordig to xearo....

hm... interesting