Author Topic: 2Pac - Until The End Of Time  (Read 914 times)

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
2Pac - Until The End Of Time
« on: March 06, 2003, 10:42:33 PM »
5 years after his death, 2Pac lives on as hip hop's most prolific MC of all time.....though his post-humous albums havent been as strong as his normal albums, all of them have contained some solid, even amazing material, and he continues to go multi-platinum on every release. However, many fans are angry at the remixing and changing of his music, and rightfully so......This is seen nowhere better than on his 2001, quadruple-platinum double cd, Until The End Of Time. Until The End Of Time is an album that was recorded during the AEOM and Makaveli sessions. Many of the originals of these songs are very strong, but the form they are presented here does them no justice. It seems the "rawness" of these tracks was taken out, and replaced with a more modern, commercial sound. If you like commercialized music, that isnt a big deal, but any self respected Pac fan knows his music wasnt made to be commercial, in general. His music was made to be raw, edgy, vibrant, and intense. There are a few cuts on here like that, but they are few and far between. Many of the beats have been taken out and replaced with cliche commercialized, and simple sounding beats. Surely, this cant be what hardcore Pac fans want.....if you havent heard the originals, the album might not sound too bad, but if you have, you're in for a rude awakening. This is, overall, in my opinion, the worst Pac album to date.....album was very butchered. Here are the song descriptions [as seen on the album]:

Disc 1

1. Ballad Of A Dead Soulja - the album starts off very strong with this amazing song. This is classic 2Pac. Sick ass beat, and Pac's flow and energy here are in top form. This was a song definatly recorded during the 7 Day Theory sessions......5/5

2. Fuck Friends - Ok, this is the first song that is fucked up.....original is much better. The beat supplied here is horrible, as opposed to the og, and even some of the lyrics were changed. I was mad as fuck when I heard this song.......2/5

3. Lil Homies - Another fucked up song.....not fucked up as badly as Friends, but its there. The beat here isnt bad, but not nearly as good as the og, and they took off Pac's rant at the end [if you've heard the og, you will know this was even angrier than Hit Em Up]......3/5

4. Let Em Have It - I havent heard the OG to this one before, but in any case, it doesnt make much difference. I dont like this song at all.....og or not. Ive never been a fan of Pac's "fuck songs", and this one certainly didnt convert me. Garbage.........1/5

5. Good Life - Finally, a song they didnt fuck up. Its slightly changed from the og, but pretty much the same. The beat is pretty much the same, as far as I know......I think they changed the order of verses or something.....Ive only heard the og a couple times, so I forgot, but both versions are hot.......Very dope song......4.5/5

6. Letter 2 My Unborn - Never heard the og to this one. The lyrics are great, but the beat doesnt fit the song that well.......Id give this one 3.5/5.......a Life Goes On type beat would make this song better.....

7. Breathin' - They FUCKED the shit outta this song. The original with Bizzy Bone is sooooooooo much better. The Outlawz drop average verses, and the beat is ok, but nothing compared to the og.......3/5

8. Happy Home - Another fucked up song. They didnt fuck with the lyrics this time at least........but the new beat is horrible. OG version is much nicer......3/5 [og version is a 5/5]

9. All Out - Whoa......I must say, this is one of the VERY FEW remixes that I like better than the original. This new beat is sick.....makes the og version sound dated. Why couldnt they do this with the other tracks?? Damn.....4.5/5

10. Fuckin Wit The Wrong Nigga - Same story as most of the tracks so far......og version is much better. The beat on this version absolutly blows ass cheeks......2/5

11. Thug In U Thug In Me - I dont like any versions of this song, not even the og.........throw away song.....1/5

12. Everything they Owe - Never heard the og version of this one......the beat on this one is ok, but not great. I like the lyrics and content though....classic political Pac.....4/5

13. Until The End Of Time - Great lyrics same as the og, but the sample here is pretty nice too.......I like this and the og about equally......4/5

14. M.O.B. - Too many guests on here, too cliche of a beat = poor song.....another filler cut. 2/5

15. World Wide Mob Figgaz - ditto to #14.......2/5

Disc 2

1. Big Syke Interlude - no rating here, just Syke speaking about Pac....

2. My Closest Road Dogs - This is almost equal to the og. The og version has a better beat, but this version has 3 Pac verses in it instead of just one.........4/5

3. Niggaz Nature - Didnt like the og, and this version is even worse. Pac doing a cut with Lil Mo?? Yea, right, lol...........song blows.......1/5

4. When Thugz Cry - For me, this is the most controversial song on the album........they made some improvments from the og, but they also fucked it up.......The good: the new beat here is BEAUTIFUL, better than the one on the og. I love the piano loop. The bad news: They took out Pac's chorus!!!!!! That is a big no no. Removing Pac's chorus took away half of the songs meaning........If they left the chorus in, this would have beatin the og version, but as it is...........4/5

5. U Dont Have To Worry - This wasnt too fucked up, but still could have been better......3.5/5

6. This Aint Livin - Great lyrics, but the beat doesnt go with the song at all....I havent heard the og version, but it must be better than this.....3/5

7. Why U Turn On Me - OG version is much better. New beat doesnt go with the song, and they took out the Wendy Williams diss.........2/5

8. LastOnesLeft - Havent heard the og version before, but I like this one just fine........the beat actually fits the lyrics this time, and the Outlawz drop good verses......4/5

9. Thug in U Thug In Me - you already know how I feel about this song.....garbage.....1/5

10. Words to My First Born - Fucked this song up big time......that new beat is awful........2/5

11. Let Em Have It rmx - all versions of this song blow.....1/5

12. Runnin on E - OG is easily better. New beat blows and ruins entire song......1/5

13. When I Get Free - the version on R U Still Down is better.....but this version isnt too bad......4/5

14. Until The End Of Time rp rmx - same as the one on the first disc....no better or worse.........4/5

This is a very disappointing release overall.......Damn, if they put the og's on here, this coulda been a solid-near classic album........Its a shame Pac isnt around to regulate this shit......I wouldnt go as far to say as albums like this ruin his legacy, since many of the newer fans have never heard the og's, but for us oldtimers, we know wassup :)

Overall rating: 2.5/5

this is my least fav Pac album ever.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2003, 10:43:38 PM by hellrazor »
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

THEDONKILLUMINATI

Re:2Pac - Until The End Of Time
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2003, 05:15:57 PM »
unitl the end of time is the best tupac cd that came out all the others r good to

peaz

T.J.

• Wanksta
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my deck
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2003, 09:27:08 PM »
i didnt really like it that much.... about a 3/5 for me

kick ass album

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2003, 01:20:59 PM »
5 years after his death, 2Pac lives on as hip hop's most prolific MC of all time.....though his post-humous albums havent been as strong as his normal albums, all of them have contained some solid, even amazing material, and he continues to go multi-platinum on every release. However, many fans are angry at the remixing and changing of his music, and rightfully so......This is seen nowhere better than on his 2001, quadruple-platinum double cd, Until The End Of Time. Until The End Of Time is an album that was recorded during the AEOM and Makaveli sessions. Many of the originals of these songs are very strong, but the form they are presented here does them no justice. It seems the "rawness" of these tracks was taken out, and replaced with a more modern, commercial sound. If you like commercialized music, that isnt a big deal, but any self respected Pac fan knows his music wasnt made to be commercial, in general. His music was made to be raw, edgy, vibrant, and intense. There are a few cuts on here like that, but they are few and far between. Many of the beats have been taken out and replaced with cliche commercialized, and simple sounding beats. Surely, this cant be what hardcore Pac fans want.....if you havent heard the originals, the album might not sound too bad, but if you have, you're in for a rude awakening. This is, overall, in my opinion, the worst Pac album to date.....album was very butchered. Here are the song descriptions [as seen on the album]:

Disc 1

1. Ballad Of A Dead Soulja - the album starts off very strong with this amazing song. This is classic 2Pac. Sick ass beat, and Pac's flow and energy here are in top form. This was a song definatly recorded during the 7 Day Theory sessions......5/5

2. Fuck Friends - Ok, this is the first song that is fucked up.....original is much better. The beat supplied here is horrible, as opposed to the og, and even some of the lyrics were changed. I was mad as fuck when I heard this song.......2/5

3. Lil Homies - Another fucked up song.....not fucked up as badly as Friends, but its there. The beat here isnt bad, but not nearly as good as the og, and they took off Pac's rant at the end [if you've heard the og, you will know this was even angrier than Hit Em Up]......3/5

4. Let Em Have It - I havent heard the OG to this one before, but in any case, it doesnt make much difference. I dont like this song at all.....og or not. Ive never been a fan of Pac's "fuck songs", and this one certainly didnt convert me. Garbage.........1/5

5. Good Life - Finally, a song they didnt fuck up. Its slightly changed from the og, but pretty much the same. The beat is pretty much the same, as far as I know......I think they changed the order of verses or something.....Ive only heard the og a couple times, so I forgot, but both versions are hot.......Very dope song......4.5/5

6. Letter 2 My Unborn - Never heard the og to this one. The lyrics are great, but the beat doesnt fit the song that well.......Id give this one 3.5/5.......a Life Goes On type beat would make this song better.....

7. Breathin' - They FUCKED the shit outta this song. The original with Bizzy Bone is sooooooooo much better. The Outlawz drop average verses, and the beat is ok, but nothing compared to the og.......3/5

8. Happy Home - Another fucked up song. They didnt fuck with the lyrics this time at least........but the new beat is horrible. OG version is much nicer......3/5 [og version is a 5/5]

9. All Out - Whoa......I must say, this is one of the VERY FEW remixes that I like better than the original. This new beat is sick.....makes the og version sound dated. Why couldnt they do this with the other tracks?? Damn.....4.5/5

10. Fuckin Wit The Wrong Nigga - Same story as most of the tracks so far......og version is much better. The beat on this version absolutly blows ass cheeks......2/5

11. Thug In U Thug In Me - I dont like any versions of this song, not even the og.........throw away song.....1/5

12. Everything they Owe - Never heard the og version of this one......the beat on this one is ok, but not great. I like the lyrics and content though....classic political Pac.....4/5

13. Until The End Of Time - Great lyrics same as the og, but the sample here is pretty nice too.......I like this and the og about equally......4/5

14. M.O.B. - Too many guests on here, too cliche of a beat = poor song.....another filler cut. 2/5

15. World Wide Mob Figgaz - ditto to #14.......2/5

Disc 2

1. Big Syke Interlude - no rating here, just Syke speaking about Pac....

2. My Closest Road Dogs - This is almost equal to the og. The og version has a better beat, but this version has 3 Pac verses in it instead of just one.........4/5

3. Niggaz Nature - Didnt like the og, and this version is even worse. Pac doing a cut with Lil Mo?? Yea, right, lol...........song blows.......1/5

4. When Thugz Cry - For me, this is the most controversial song on the album........they made some improvments from the og, but they also fucked it up.......The good: the new beat here is BEAUTIFUL, better than the one on the og. I love the piano loop. The bad news: They took out Pac's chorus!!!!!! That is a big no no. Removing Pac's chorus took away half of the songs meaning........If they left the chorus in, this would have beatin the og version, but as it is...........4/5

5. U Dont Have To Worry - This wasnt too fucked up, but still could have been better......3.5/5

6. This Aint Livin - Great lyrics, but the beat doesnt go with the song at all....I havent heard the og version, but it must be better than this.....3/5

7. Why U Turn On Me - OG version is much better. New beat doesnt go with the song, and they took out the Wendy Williams diss.........2/5

8. LastOnesLeft - Havent heard the og version before, but I like this one just fine........the beat actually fits the lyrics this time, and the Outlawz drop good verses......4/5

9. Thug in U Thug In Me - you already know how I feel about this song.....garbage.....1/5

10. Words to My First Born - Fucked this song up big time......that new beat is awful........2/5

11. Let Em Have It rmx - all versions of this song blow.....1/5

12. Runnin on E - OG is easily better. New beat blows and ruins entire song......1/5

13. When I Get Free - the version on R U Still Down is better.....but this version isnt too bad......4/5

14. Until The End Of Time rp rmx - same as the one on the first disc....no better or worse.........4/5

This is a very disappointing release overall.......Damn, if they put the og's on here, this coulda been a solid-near classic album........Its a shame Pac isnt around to regulate this shit......I wouldnt go as far to say as albums like this ruin his legacy, since many of the newer fans have never heard the og's, but for us oldtimers, we know wassup :)

Overall rating: 2.5/5

this is my least fav Pac album ever.

Well, I still like this album more than Better Dayz, but isn't "Fuckin' wit the wrong nigga" and "Runnin' on E" the same beat?  I think they DID leave those original.  And "Everything they owe" is better on UTEOT than the original IMO.