Author Topic: Question for Brian  (Read 636 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Question for Brian
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2013, 01:31:39 AM »
To answer the question I'd rather see my son living.  Because I'm responsible for him.  I didn't bring all these other Muslims into the world.  It's up to Allah to take care of them, I'm not responsible.  But for my son I am responsible. 

There's your answer dogg... and thanks for asking, cause it made me reflect, actually
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Morphine

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2013, 02:22:45 PM »

Religion and organised religion are two different things.
In general I have found those that criticize religions to be incredibly uneducated and ignorant of the religions they criticize.
The main argument they have is usually not with the religion but with people doing bad/evil stuff in (a) religions name.
Its a lost cause discussing with people like that.

There is a good quote that goes like this.

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information,
which is proof against all argument,
and which cannot fail to keep man in everlasting ignorance.
That principle is condemnation before investigation".

i was talking about organized religion, generalizing , yes. but that´s what i meant by personal belief. i got nothing against a person finding relief or peace in religion.  
but i think church and state should be separated because it´s easy to use the masses faith as a weapon .  

i have a lot of experience of different religions, mostly christians and their different sub genres so to speak.
i grew up in lutheran environment , some of my family are Jehova´s witnesses and i´ve also seen a minister try to bring a drowned little kid back to life.just a few examples.

also, i´ve studied a lot of different religions, out of curiosity . and i have to say i hate loudmouthed atheists as much as i hate someone preaching about how i´m going to hell . there´s no reason in debating with neither one. yes, i´m generalizing again.

good quote .

Ghost Drebin

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2013, 02:41:40 PM »
To answer the question I'd rather see my son living.  Because I'm responsible for him.  I didn't bring all these other Muslims into the world.  It's up to Allah to take care of them, I'm not responsible.  But for my son I am responsible.  

There's your answer dogg... and thanks for asking, cause it made me reflect, actually

As a matter of fact, that is the best answer a real dad would say.  If you had said anything else I would have said that makes you a bitch.  A real father would not give a fuck if everyone on earth died as long as his kid survives.  It's over simplified of course, but it shows the basic though process.  By clearly (finally) answering the question, my views towards your fatherhood have changed.  Although you sometimes say some trollish shit such as you want your son to learn from Snoop Lion about life, your heart might actually be in the right place.

So anyhow, props on the answer, and in light of your new found clarity, I am burying the hatchet, and will no longer insult you or yours.

Oh, quit saying Nicca.  That is all.

As-salamu alaykum.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 02:44:28 PM by Ghost Drebin »

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2013, 06:12:17 AM »

As a matter of fact, that is the best answer a real dad would say.  If you had said anything else I would have said that makes you a bitch.  A real father would not give a fuck if everyone on earth died as long as his kid survives.  It's over simplified of course, but it shows the basic though process.  By clearly (finally) answering the question, my views towards your fatherhood have changed.  Although you sometimes say some trollish shit such as you want your son to learn from Snoop Lion about life, your heart might actually be in the right place.

So anyhow, props on the answer, and in light of your new found clarity, I am burying the hatchet, and will no longer insult you or yours.

Oh, quit saying Nicca.  That is all.

As-salamu alaykum.

If someone wants to extend a hand to me then I must accept that.  So all accounts are cleared in my book.  I think we will still continue to disagree on a lot of shit and I will still continue to say nicca at times, and still teach my son about Snoop... but reading some of the other threads/posts I made recently you certainly had an opportunity to talk shit and you didn't take that opportunity so I have to give you props for that.

Walakumusalaam.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Heinz

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2013, 10:12:49 AM »

Religion and organised religion are two different things.
In general I have found those that criticize religions to be incredibly uneducated and ignorant of the religions they criticize.
The main argument they have is usually not with the religion but with people doing bad/evil stuff in (a) religions name.
Its a lost cause discussing with people like that.

There is a good quote that goes like this.

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information,
which is proof against all argument,
and which cannot fail to keep man in everlasting ignorance.
That principle is condemnation before investigation".

i was talking about organized religion, generalizing , yes. but that´s what i meant by personal belief. i got nothing against a person finding relief or peace in religion.  
but i think church and state should be separated because it´s easy to use the masses faith as a weapon .  

i have a lot of experience of different religions, mostly christians and their different sub genres so to speak.
i grew up in lutheran environment , some of my family are Jehova´s witnesses and i´ve also seen a minister try to bring a drowned little kid back to life.just a few examples.

also, i´ve studied a lot of different religions, out of curiosity . and i have to say i hate loudmouthed atheists as much as i hate someone preaching about how i´m going to hell . there´s no reason in debating with neither one. yes, i´m generalizing again.

good quote .

Glad you enjoyed the quote, it's from Herbert Spencer.

Care to elaborate on the story of the minister bringing the child back to life from drowning? Sounds interesting.

My own experience with Jehova's Witnesses is limited but I invited them to my house once a few years back.
I found a handwritten note on the street with an intriguing writing style. It was by a JW woman saying that she had been to some persons house and that no one was home, and if they were curious about the bible they could contact her...etc etc.
I contacted her and she came to my house with a fellow missionary.
Being a curious fellow I bombarded them with questions and after some 3 hours of my curiosity they accepted defeat and told me as politely as they could:

- Sometimes people don't even open the door for us. And sometimes they let us come in for a few minutes.
And then once in a while we get to talk for an hour or so. Its been many hours now and I think we need to leave...
But we can come back another time if you have more questions.

They were kind enough but quite dogmatic.

My favorite missionaries are the Mormons.
They seem really stand up people the few I have met and they urge you to find out the validity of the Mormon faith for yourself.
I also like that they don't denounce the validity of something just because it comes from a different faith/religion but embrace anything that brings them closer to G_d.

Frķšur.

Morphine

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2013, 10:55:26 AM »

Care to elaborate on the story of the minister bringing the child back to life from drowning? Sounds interesting.

i can , i´ll check if i can find an english article about it . if not, i´ll translate .

one  thing about the minister, after the failed resurrection their faction was kicked out of our local church. they moved to a bigger town close by and were very vocal against homosexuals. like every good tv evangelist the preacher got caught fornicating with a young boy and stepped down from his place as the leader with " the devil has made me do it yada yada, i will now go home and heal"

i´m a bit busy right now but i´ll check on the article in a few hours.

Morphine

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2013, 02:43:02 PM »
the only thing i could find about the incident in english was this : http://www.positiveatheism.org/writ/alleluyuk.htm

November 6, 1998

Finnish Lutheran vicar Markku Koivisto prayed over the body of a drowned child and led parishioners in an all-night vigil aimed at resurrecting him.

An ambulance that had been called to his aid drove into a ditch and a medical helicopter that was sent to the scene flew to the wrong place.

The vicar was rebuked by his bishop for the display, although the entire Christian religion revolves around Christ's claim to have defeated death.

not a reliable source, i know but if you´re interested i can translate a news article for you .  the ambulance and helicopter bit sounds a bit weird since the kid was already buried. 
i saw a sermon of his about the issue but the attempt to resurrect the child in the cemetary was something i didn´t want to take any part in . it happened later that night if i recall right.

they thought the kid was the new Jesus or something like that.

Heinz

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2013, 02:59:12 PM »
the only thing i could find about the incident in english was this : http://www.positiveatheism.org/writ/alleluyuk.htm

November 6, 1998

Finnish Lutheran vicar Markku Koivisto prayed over the body of a drowned child and led parishioners in an all-night vigil aimed at resurrecting him.

An ambulance that had been called to his aid drove into a ditch and a medical helicopter that was sent to the scene flew to the wrong place.

The vicar was rebuked by his bishop for the display, although the entire Christian religion revolves around Christ's claim to have defeated death.

not a reliable source, i know but if you´re interested i can translate a news article for you .  the ambulance and helicopter bit sounds a bit weird since the kid was already buried. 
i saw a sermon of his about the issue but the attempt to resurrect the child in the cemetary was something i didn´t want to take any part in . it happened later that night if i recall right.

they thought the kid was the new Jesus or something like that.

Thanks for sharing.
From your earlier post I read it as you had witnessed the priest saving a drowned childs life...
What you shared here is quite bizarre and those people seems somewhat confused, but who am I to judge...

I met a psychic woman once that told me of a young child that had been born that was considered a prophet of sorts, a golden child if you will.
The child was being protected by a councel of other psychics and this woman was invited to meet the young boy and evaluate him.
She was quite terrified at the encounter saying that the child was indeed really powerful but in a bad way.
When he got upset he could explode the television set and at one year old he had strangled the family's cat to death.
She spoke of him as a potential anti-christ..
Not sure what happened to the kid or the psychic woman.
She told me that she had seen her own death at a certain age and when I met her she had cancer of the throat.

I went to Finland once and I enjoyed it, although I have never encountered as many mosquitoes in my life.

Rauha

Morphine

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2013, 03:46:45 PM »
in my original post i said i saw him try to resurrect a kid, sorry if i confused you. english is not my first language .

they tried it three times, in a hospital , the church and later in the cemetary. 
this kid was a golden child of sort , pretty much the opposite of the child you told about. a russian kid visiting finland , he drowned in a lake. 
they believed him to be the messiah , and i believe the minister Markku Koivisto also thought himself to be at least a prophet.  that´s what he talked about walking round town.

they got banned from the church but the movement just kept growing. they have a tv channel and frequent guests from around the world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_Revival  here´s some info on the whole movement.

the sex scandal is only mentioned briefly but Koivisto was convicted of sex with a minor ,though the scandal part from the movement´s viewpoint was that the minor was a boy .

Rauhaa

Heinz

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2013, 12:42:40 AM »
Kiitos for the link Mindflayer.

Totally off topic:

Back when I visited Finland we drove from the north of Sweden and took a ferry across.
I was the map reader for the trip and navigated us through the beautiful finnish countryside.
But one thing kept confusing me, besides the language which is so far from the languages I know, and this was that to every place we came to there was a sign pointing towards the "town" of Keskusta.
I tried finding that town on my map to locate our direction.
After the 5-6th town we came to I got quite upset at this damned Keskusta ghost town not located on any map and cursed it out.
I felt like a fool when I found out Keskusta meant the city centre...

Met up with Aki Kaurismäki in Tampere. He was a rather strange fellow.
He introduced me to the works of Tapio Wirkkala who has made one of my favorite wooden sculptures:

Morphine

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2013, 02:45:50 AM »

Back when I visited Finland we drove from the north of Sweden and took a ferry across.
I was the map reader for the trip and navigated us through the beautiful finnish countryside.
But one thing kept confusing me, besides the language which is so far from the languages I know, and this was that to every place we came to there was a sign pointing towards the "town" of Keskusta.
I tried finding that town on my map to locate our direction.
After the 5-6th town we came to I got quite upset at this damned Keskusta ghost town not located on any map and cursed it out.
I felt like a fool when I found out Keskusta meant the city centre...

Met up with Aki Kaurismäki in Tampere. He was a rather strange fellow.

lmao @ searching for a town called Keskusta. but yes, the language is one of the hardest in the world.  Estonians speak a somewhat similar language but to us it sounds like someone is mocking the finnish way of talking.
  the word kirous which means a curse in finnish is one expression of a blessing in estonian .

an odd thing , but Hungarians are our relatives ,at least from a linguistic point of view .  

oh, Tapio Wirkkala, i should have guessed a gentleman like yourself who values fine arts knows of his works. locally he´s kind of an underground hero , the general public here doesn´t know much about him except that he´s popular outside of Finland. a shame really .

Aki Kaurismäki is indeed a very eccentric fellow and always willing to fight against the no smoking-policy in bars,lol . when i still lived in Tampere i used to see him quite often , like some of the actors he likes to use , for example Kari Väänänen who is a great actor but a terrible human being. or maybe the alcohol made him like that.  
 acting almost made me an alcoholic too, they drink much much more than musicians . though these days i don´t drink much.  

i heard a story from a friend who used to act in a theatre with Väänänen , they had taken some psychedelic mushrooms and tried to get into a bar but the bouncer wouldn´t let Väänänen inside. but he didn´t quit there , he tried to prove his soberness by doing a backflip which ended with him face down on the ground.  

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/nUyFg9xoPKk" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/nUyFg9xoPKk</a>

this hilarious fake trailer of a fake movie is probably the best depiction of a typical finnish male, drunk .  
The group Studio Julmahuvi that made this has won the Golden Rose of Montreux from some of their earlier work, can´t remember then name of it .
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 02:48:01 AM by Mindflayer »

Heinz

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2013, 03:08:58 AM »
That's a hilarious clip! Thanks.

As for finnish art I have long made comparison to the japanese in terms of aesthetics, both whom I greatly respect and appreciate.
I have a really nice book on finnish artifacts made from wood, its a historical collection and really stunningly presented.
If you have recommendations please feel free to share.

When in Tampere we went to a local kebab joint to have some food.
The guy working behind the counter was an afghan or some foreign immigrant. They had pretty decent falafel.
A neo-nazi drunk out of his mind was trying to eat a kebab with his girlfriend.
Most of his kebab was smeared across his face and shirt.
Keep in mind this was around mid-day. All of a sudden he decided to curse to poor afghan out shouting what I took for racist obscenities and complaints about his shitty kebab throwing the remains of it on the ground. The poor afghan kept his composure and kindly asked the delusional nazi to leave his restaurant.
He tipped a few tables over and a half of dozen chairs hardly being able to walk since he was so drunk.
Before exiting the front door he smashed a window with his fist and cut his hand badly...bleeding all over the place.
The afghan then called the cops and the nazi escaped by foot running almost sideways from his drunken stupor.
Aki sat there eating his food like it was an everyday event.
Surreal and somewhat beautiful.

One thing that inspired me alot was the finnish Sauna and I had one constructed the traditional way in my backyard in Dayton along with a cold water pool when I returned home.
It has been a great boost to my overall health and stamina.