Author Topic: C.V.: Dr. Dre (Productions) ©  (Read 287734 times)

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: C.V.: Dr.Dre (Productions) ©
« Reply #1560 on: April 24, 2007, 03:55:38 PM »
Is Straight To The Bank a Dre beat or not?

I guess we'll have to wait for the album to properly see, I'm still thinking it isn't.

Matty

« Reply #1561 on: April 24, 2007, 05:41:50 PM »
its completely feasible that dre didn't produce it but he deff mixed it and prolly did some extra production, which may be credited or not...

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1562 on: April 25, 2007, 05:07:36 AM »
Produced by Ty Fife, mixed by Dr. Dre.

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1563 on: April 25, 2007, 10:27:05 AM »
From the April 21st edition of Billboard Magazine:

Hot R&B\Hip-Hop Songs

48. ( Hot Shot Debut )

STRAIGHT TO THE BANK                                                      50 Cent
T. Fyffe ( C.J. Jackson, Jr., T. Fyffe, A. Young )          G-Unit\Interscope

** A couple of things I find interesting. Dre's name is in the credits, meaning he probably co-produced it in addition to mixing it. And the album is listed as a G-Unit release, when clearly it's coming out on Shady\Aftermath.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 10:52:42 AM by Larrabee »

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1564 on: April 25, 2007, 11:22:34 AM »
50 Cent "Fire" feat. Young Buck and Nicole

kyrock.com : Hello 50 Cent.
50 Cent : Hello.

Skyrock.com : Welcome on Skyrock.com. You came to present your new album to us, which is in the vats on June 25. It S’calls Curtis S.S.K. Why did you choose this title ?
50 Cent : And well, it S’calls Curtis, parce qu’it speaks about what S’passed before Get Rich. I L’called Curtis, because many people will reconnaitront me as such, before the success of Get Rich.

Skyrock.com : Does that mean that you do not want to be 50 Cent any more, or that you want to present yourself more as Curtis ?
50 Cent : There is an innocent side of my youth in fact. C’is for that that J’wanted to keep that, but this N’is not a final change.

Skyrock.com : With what can one S’wait ?
50 Cent : The bar was moved up very high. Quality is quite higher than this qu’one could hear. I entered in studio with Kanye West, Pharrell, Will.I.Am, Polo, Switz Beatz, Timbaland, Dr. DRE, Eminem…All the great names ! They m’gave a different creativity, the artistic direction was different too. But J’had great ideas before working with them. J’worked with new producers like Dangerous LLC. It N’does not have the popular side inevitably, but it m’gave incredible ideas, and titles like Window Shopper or Hands up on the last album of Lloyd BankS. C’is something of very surprising. There is also Jay’N, which made two titles for L’album. It made a song with Justin Timberlake and me. There is a title with Mary J Blige, which S’calls All of Me, another with Eminem, recorded with Detroit, Peep Show, also produced by him. There is Fire, produced by Dr. DRE, featuring Young Buck and Nicole de Pussycat Dolls. There is a song with Robin Thicke, called Follow my lead.

Skyrock.com : There are many collaborations.
50 Cent : Yes makes this album of It was made with a very different approach. J’wanted a vision artistic which is very different, until in the studio.

Skyrock.com : There are much D’American artists which make of Dirty South. What do you think of L’emergence of this movement ?
50 Cent : I think that the South has much good music. They changed the hip-hop a little. That changed the way of moving. During a time C’was that (it moves head note), and not more. That gives a little more fun to the hip-hop. Even, when J’made my album, J’wanted to put a little fun, like Straight to the Bank, on the refrain. I think qu’a good album has emotions, like human. C’is what J’wanted to do in my album, so that people learn how to appreciate even more this kind of music.

Skyrock.com : Your first individual is Straight to the Bank. Why to have chosen this title ?
50 Cent : C’is individual of setting in leg like one says.

Skyrock.com : One heard not badly things in connection with G Links. There is a movement called Ban 50 Cent. You could explain us ?
50 Cent : You know, all goes well for G Links. C’is a natural evolution for each artist, who needs D’being recognized as such, for his art. Lloyd Banks was recently in Japan, Young Buck is in the South there, and they made a separated round, each one on their side. C’is this qu’they want to make, to have a certain independence, and I find that well. The movement Ban 50 Cent is the same movement as G Unot. C’is the same exit. That disturbs me, I N’see no evil there, because the hip-hop is a competition. It does not matter which gains, this N’is not a competition, but more one true search of artistic recognition which is concerned. From there to banish me, not! J’always have my freedom D’expression.

Skyrock.com : You have a skyblog Music.
50 Cent : Yes (to smile).

Skyrock.com : One can listen to different Straight to the Bank and’D titles. Can you tell us this qu’one will find above ?
50 Cent : L’album will be compared with Get Rich. People with whom I L’made listen front, thought of Batman Bigins, because C’is the film which gave rise to Batman. For me it is a little the same thing. People liked much by saying that C’was better than The Massacre or than Get Rich, because the music is even stronger. For Get Rich, J’had titles like Many Men, which showed me just as it is and on the same album, J’gave In Da Club, which is the celebration of the life, in another environment. It is necessary to make very extremely to arrive at the level where I arrived. But what J’did there, with Curtis, that speaks about the situation in which J’were before success.

Skyrock.com : And for does G Link ? You about the success of the members, qu in’are spoke new signatures ?
50 Cent : There is Hot Rod, which is aujourd’today the youngest member of G Links. I think that that will be a great talent. Now it works on its new project, but I am already impressed by this qu’it gives. There is also Spider Lo, which is of the West coast, one also will leave his album. Time should just be taken, but C’is true that the hip-hop evolves/moves. After me, there is the exit of L’album D’Eminem, parce qu’after Curtain Calls, everyone thought qu’it would not leave more D’album and which he would not make any more music. But I can certify qu to you’it works on a new album. One will have good things which will leave. There is also L’album of Dr. DRE, with whom J’made two titles for Detox. C’is on standby, D’here little time.

Skyrock.com : To return in Skyblog Music, all the members of G Links have their Skyblog. You believe that C’is important to communicate on this support ?
50 Cent : Absolutely. Skyblog is a platform which it is necessary to take into account. With each time qu’one gives me L’advisability of showing me, I do it (laughter). In so much qu’artist, musician, C’are important to do that. There N’is not always the possibility, and C’is a forum where one can make pass his ideas.

Skyrock.com : Do you have new projects, except L’album ?
50 Cent : J’produced the last album of Lil’Scrappy. J’made individual Money in the Bank, featuring Lloyd Banks. I will produce L’album of LL cool J, which should leave at the end L’be. C’is one of the best artists. C’is quelqu’one which can only be built and make its own career. That made of years qu’it is there, and people continue S’to interest in its music. If that continues like that, C’is because not only C’is an intelligent type, but also because it manages to join together the best. When J’worked with him, S’any D access’is burst. Me, I do not teach anything to him on the music, I N’have anything to say to him above. It connait all. On the other hand one spoke much about the concept of L’album and you will see the result.

Skyrock.com : Will you make a round ? You will return to France ?
50 Cent : Absolutely. After the exit of L’album, I will be in round very quickly. You will see me more than the last time for the exit of The Massacre. What J’have desire for making, C’is perhaps to work a little more with L’external of the United States. After the exit, I make my promotion in the United States, and then, one will go with L’foreign.

Skyrock.com : Thank you.

You can find the original Interview on here: http://www.skyrock.com/musique/9114-article.html

There is also a Video of 50 Cent at Skyrock:

« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 11:25:42 AM by Timbo the king »

Elevz

« Reply #1565 on: April 25, 2007, 11:25:18 AM »
lol @ the french/english in that article :D

Skyrock.com : Your first individual is Straight to the Bank. Why to have chosen this title ?
50 Cent : C’is individual of setting in leg like one says.

Elevz

« Reply #1566 on: April 25, 2007, 11:27:33 AM »
^^ Oh shit, my bad, I didn't realise you had thrown it into a text translator yourself, lol. That explains a lot - I'm even surprised it came out this well!

devil_may_care

• 'G'
« Reply #1567 on: April 25, 2007, 12:40:47 PM »
lol at 'G-Link'

Nasty Nem

• 'G'
  • HOV
« Reply #1568 on: April 26, 2007, 05:18:42 AM »
I LOVE the beats to hold on and straight to the bank, i don't know what more dre could do for yall. yall really really want some amazingly stellarly next ass phantasmagorically dope shit....yall are impossible. hold on and straight to the bank are straight heat to me and shit on most music i hear these days....what pleases you cats and where can I get some of that shit? Must be cavi as fuck.

-T
I agree to some extent. I thought both beats were good, great even. But Dre, along with other artists and producers, has promised a major re-invention of the sound of hip-hop with Detox and as good as his beats nowadays are (and I value most of them as best of the year) they are not ones I could imagine would completely change people's opinion on hip-hop, or just set music on a different course like The Chronic did. It may be presumptous to think he can invent a whole new sub-genre, but he did it before with G-Funk, and I hope he can do it again.

he's reinvented himself so many times

when will you bitches be happy?

and ya don't stop

devil_may_care

• 'G'
« Reply #1569 on: April 26, 2007, 02:08:56 PM »
^Exactly, that's what makes Dre great, so if he doesn't carry on staying relavent, anything he does will be disappointing to most fans.

I put the interview into a bit better English for anyone who wants to read it.

Skyrock.com: Hello 50 Cent.
50 Cent: Hello.

Skyrock.com: Welcome to Skyrock.com. You came to show your new album to us, which is being released on June 25. It’s called Curtis S.S.K. Why did you choose this title?
50 Cent: Well, it’s called Curtis, because it speaks about what happened before Get Rich. I called it Curtis, because many people will know me as such, before the success of Get Rich.

Skyrock.com: Does that mean that you don’t want to be 50 Cent any more, or that you want to present yourself more as Curtis ?
50 Cent: There’s an innocent side of my youth. This is for the part of me that wanted to keep that, but it’s not a definite change.

Skyrock.com: What can we expect?
50 Cent: The bar has been moved much higher. You can hear that the quality is higher on this one. I’m in the studio with Kanye West, Pharrell, Will.I.Am, Polo, Switz Beatz, Timbaland, Dr. Dre, Eminem…All the big names! They gave me a different creativity; the artistic direction was different too. But I had great ideas before working with them. I worked with new producers like Dangerous LLC. He doesn’t have the poppy side inevitably, but he gave me incredible ideas, and tracks like Window Shopper or Hands Up on the Lloyd Banks’ last album. It’s very surprising. There’s also Jay’N, who made two tracks for the album. He made a song with me and Justin Timberlake. There is a track with Mary J Blige, called ‘All of Me’; another with Eminem, recorded in Detroit, called ‘Peep Show’, also produced by him. There’s ‘Fire’, produced by Dr. Dre, featuring Young Buck and Nicole of the Pussycat Dolls. There’s a song with Robin Thicke, called ‘Follow My Lead’.

Skyrock.com: That’s a lot of collaborations.
50 Cent: Yes, this album was made with a very different approach.  I wanted an artistic vision which is very different, until I was in the studio (?).

Skyrock.com: There are many American artists from the Dirty South. What do you think of this emerging movement?
50 Cent: I think that the South has a lot of good music. They changed hip-hop a little. That changed the way it moves. For a while it was like this (bops head to tune), but it’s not anymore. It gives a little more fun to hip-hop. Like, when I made my album, I wanted to put in a little fun, like Straight to the Bank, on the choruses. I think that a good album has feelings, like people. This is what I wanted to do on my album, so that people learn how to appreciate this kind of music even more.

Skyrock.com: Your first single is Straight to the Bank. Why did you choose this title?
50 Cent: It’s a single which is set in the leg (?) as we say.

Skyrock.com: We haven’t heard much about with G-Unit. There’s a movement called Ban 50 Cent. Could you explain this to us?
50 Cent: You know, everything’s going well for G-Unit. It’s a natural evolution for each artist, who needs to be recognised more and more for his skills. Lloyd Banks was recently in Japan, Young Buck is in the South, and they had separate tours, each one on their own. This is what they want to do; to have certain independence, and I think that’s fine. The ‘Ban 50 Cent’ movement is the same movement as ‘G Unot’. It’s the same issue. It doesn’t worry me; I see no evil there, because hip-hop is a competition. It does not matter who wins, not who you compete with, but more a true search of artistic recognition. They will never ban me. I will always have my freedom of speech.

Skyrock.com: You have a Skyblog page.
50 Cent: Yes (smiles).

Skyrock.com: We can listen to Straight to the Bank as well as other songs [on the page]. Can you tell us what else we’ll be able to listen to?
50 Cent: The album will be compared with Get Rich. The people who listened to it thought of Batman Begins, because that’s the film which gave rise to Batman. For me it is like the same thing. Lots of people said it was better than The Massacre or Get Rich, because the music is even stronger. For Get Rich, I had tracks like ‘Many Men’, which showed me just as I am’ and on the same album, I had ‘In Da Club’, which is celebration of life, a whole other feel. I have to try very hard to get to the level I was at when I started. But what I did back then, with Curtis, speaks about the situation I was in before success.

Skyrock.com: What about G-Unit ? You’ve talked about the success of the members, but who are the newcomers?
50 Cent: There’s Hot Rod, which is right now the youngest member of G-Unit. I think that he’ll be a great talent. Now he’s working on his new project, but I’m already impressed by what he’s given. There’s also Spider Loc, from the West coast, we’re also going to drop his album. He needs to take his time, but it is true that hip-hop evolves. After me, Eminem’s dropping his album, because after Curtain Call, everyone thought he wouldn’t drop any more albums and he wouldn’t make any more music. But I can certify to you that he’s working on a new album. We’re going to have good albums to drop. There’s also Dr. Dre; I made two tracks with him for Detox. That’s on standby, it’ll be here soon.

Skyrock.com: To return to Skyblog Music, all the members of G-Unit have their own Skyblog. Do you believe that it’s important to communicate on this level?                          50 Cent: Absolutely. Skyblog is a something which needs to be taken into account. Each time someone gives me the opportunity to show myself, I do it (laughs). It is so important for an artist, a musician, to do that. You don’t always get this chance, and this is a forum where you can pass around ideas.

Skyrock.com: Do you have any upcoming projects besides the album?                                 50 Cent: I produced Lil’ Scrappy’s last album. I made the single Money in the Bank, featuring Lloyd Banks. I’ll produce LL Cool J’s next album, which should drop at the end of the summer. He’s one of the greatest artists. He’s someone who can make his own career by himself. He’s been around for years, and people are still interested in his music. If he carries on like that, it’s not only because he’s clever, but also because he manages to join together the greatest. When I worked with him, he just exploded. I don’t teach him anything about music; I have nothing to say to him about it. He knows it all. On the other hand we talked a lot about the album’s concept, and you’ll see the result.

Skyrock.com: Will you do a tour? Will you come back to France ?
50 Cent: Absolutely. After the album is released, I will be on tour very quickly. You will see more of me than after The Massacre was released. What I want to do, is to maybe work a little more outside USA. After the album’s released, I’ll promote it in the United States, and then, I’ll go abroad.

Skyrock.com: Thank you.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1570 on: April 26, 2007, 03:27:12 PM »
Props for the translation.

So whos this JayN dude ?

EDIT: Its Jake One. Sha Money Xl said he did 2 tracks on the album, makes sense.

For those who don't know, what are some of the records Jake is responsible for?
Yes, he did "Buck the World," which is one of my favorite records – hopefully the next single. He did "Clean Up Man," he did two on 50's new album, he did Hot Rod's single last summer, "Be Easy." On the Get Rich or Die Tryin' soundtrack he did "I Don't Know Officer" -which was the first time you heard Ma$e featured on a G-Unit record - so he's just been layin' it in. As soon as you see [wrestling superstar] John Cena come out in wrestling "The Time is Now" (singing tune), that's Jake One. He did a whole bunch of underground albums; Kardinal Offishall, you name it. He's everywhere. He's gonna do pop shit in two minutes. You know, I'm working on some Britney shit right now, so it's like, I'm taking my guys from every angle. He even did video game scoring, he did film scoring already. He did The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift. So I'm not only trying to sell beats to artists, it's video games, it's movies, sound-scoring. Whatever it is, we're shopping it everywhere.

Jome, you cand add Fully Loaded Clip produced by Havoc. Gonna come out tonight.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 03:51:43 PM by Timbo the king »

MediumL

« Reply #1571 on: April 27, 2007, 12:46:27 PM »
About the Straight to The Bank song, didnt they say the same about songs like In the Ghetto, that they were produced by others and mixed by Dre but in the final credits it says co-produced?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

The_Urban_Legend

• 'G'
« Reply #1572 on: May 01, 2007, 04:20:08 AM »
i heard the 50 cent - fire song is a scott storch production

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1573 on: May 01, 2007, 04:22:47 AM »
50 never mentioned Scotts name when he was listing producers, plus he said it himself Dre produced it.

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #1574 on: May 01, 2007, 02:02:27 PM »
i heard the 50 cent - fire song is a scott storch production

Where?