Author Topic: C.V.: Dr. Dre (Productions) ©  (Read 288005 times)

NoThru22

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: C.V.: Dr.Dre (Productions) ©
« Reply #1575 on: May 01, 2007, 02:08:08 PM »
Dre and Storch still work together occasionally.  And the source for the "maybe Storch produced it" admits it's still a maybe.

Ra-San

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #1576 on: May 05, 2007, 11:34:08 AM »
Ya Boy ft. Bishop Lamont - Barbershop

I thought I took one step, I took two back
I'm not even close this time and that's a fact
All I know is that we'd be the perfect match
So where you at love?
I just gotta find you here.

MediumL

« Reply #1577 on: May 05, 2007, 12:26:15 PM »
^^^ That was produced by someone else i think, cant remember who...

Rakim - Cruel World ft Xzibit & Ras Kas (Unreleased)

26. Dre played a writer a track from Rakims "Oh My God" album called "Cruel World" and it featured Ras Kass & Xzibit, the track has a sped up voice sample and 3 layerers of filtered drums, Premier mentions that he loaned Dre an old live record for that track.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

TheD

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #1578 on: May 06, 2007, 06:35:19 PM »
I'll tell you the real... we should also put alongside this list another list of tracks mixed by Dr. Dre. I don't know if y'all f*k with production but mixing makes a huge difference when done propperly and them tracks Dre mixed are as good as the ones he produced, or at least are on the same level, bangin and s*yt. Just look at that first Dogg Pound album for example. Dre is credited on every track as mixer (and that's their better sounding album) and Snoop said in a interview "nah, cuz' really produced that record", that's how influent soundwise he was in the process.

Everything that comes out of Aftermath is bangin but not all of it was produced by Dre, most people don't know this but the reason is cause it's not worth it; an album he did entirely nowadays would have a millionaire budget gathering tracks he could sell individually so, like Hittman said, instead, he's the "clean up man" in there. He got many producers signed to his label and when they come up with something he thinks fit a concept for an album he mixes/improves/co-produces it then throw in a CD with a couple of his own beats. Also like Snoop said, "he takes a muthafu*** to the next level". So he takes the beats and improves them (actually it's from here that comes the "stealing beats" controversy which is misinterpretation and lack of research on the matter).

When he mixes something, it's hot, he gives it "that sound" y'all know it's his s*yt like a signature sound and I'd cop dat, wouldn't you ? Fo real I have heard many tracks before and after Dre. That "Game Don't Wait" song with Snoop and Nate is a example. Warren G's version is incredibly wack compared to Dre's (even though in dis case it sounds like he entirelly rebuilt the track which fits better to the lyrics but anyway). Or the "She's The One" by Royce which is a Neptunes track, there are 2 versions of it and Dre's is doper better mixed one.

So together with this "Produced By Dr. Dre" list let's make a list alongside called "Mixed by Dr. Dre" (making it clear that he might or might not have produced it, but his fingerprints are on the artwork anyway) so we can cop them bangers too.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 07:36:51 PM by TheD »

Matty

« Reply #1579 on: May 06, 2007, 06:52:02 PM »
this thread has an insane amount of posts, even though dre hardly released much new stuff to add to it recently. i guess its just a sign that people are really fiending for some new stuff from dre, hopefully that'll be coming soon. i just hope we hear his sound featured heavily on some albums (bishop and marsha maybe) apart from detox in the future.

devil_may_care

• 'G'
« Reply #1580 on: May 09, 2007, 09:45:50 AM »
I was wondering what people's thoughts were on that new Hood Surgeon track.. says it's produced by Dre, but in my opinion it's very un-Dre like. But it features a quick vocal snippet of Dre which suggests he was involved with it.

Jome

« Reply #1581 on: May 09, 2007, 05:07:23 PM »
I was wondering what people's thoughts were on that new Hood Surgeon track.. says it's produced by Dre, but in my opinion it's very un-Dre like. But it features a quick vocal snippet of Dre which suggests he was involved with it.

There's no way that's a Dre-beat, sounds way too amateurish, especially the low-budget bass..

I'll tell you the real... we should also put alongside this list another list of tracks mixed by Dr. Dre.

Good idea, but I got enough with production.. but if someone wanna start it, go ahead.  8)

Added today:

Rakim
feat. Xzibit & Ras Kass - Cruel World (Unreleased)

Stat Quo
Here We Go

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #1582 on: May 09, 2007, 08:02:44 PM »
I'll tell you the real... we should also put alongside this list another list of tracks mixed by Dr. Dre. I don't know if y'all f*k with production but mixing makes a huge difference when done propperly and them tracks Dre mixed are as good as the ones he produced, or at least are on the same level, bangin and s*yt. Just look at that first Dogg Pound album for example. Dre is credited on every track as mixer (and that's their better sounding album) and Snoop said in a interview "nah, cuz' really produced that record", that's how influent soundwise he was in the process.

Everything that comes out of Aftermath is bangin but not all of it was produced by Dre, most people don't know this but the reason is cause it's not worth it; an album he did entirely nowadays would have a millionaire budget gathering tracks he could sell individually so, like Hittman said, instead, he's the "clean up man" in there. He got many producers signed to his label and when they come up with something he thinks fit a concept for an album he mixes/improves/co-produces it then throw in a CD with a couple of his own beats. Also like Snoop said, "he takes a muthafu*** to the next level". So he takes the beats and improves them (actually it's from here that comes the "stealing beats" controversy which is misinterpretation and lack of research on the matter).

When he mixes something, it's hot, he gives it "that sound" y'all know it's his s*yt like a signature sound and I'd cop dat, wouldn't you ? Fo real I have heard many tracks before and after Dre. That "Game Don't Wait" song with Snoop and Nate is a example. Warren G's version is incredibly wack compared to Dre's (even though in dis case it sounds like he entirelly rebuilt the track which fits better to the lyrics but anyway). Or the "She's The One" by Royce which is a Neptunes track, there are 2 versions of it and Dre's is doper better mixed one.

So together with this "Produced By Dr. Dre" list let's make a list alongside called "Mixed by Dr. Dre" (making it clear that he might or might not have produced it, but his fingerprints are on the artwork anyway) so we can cop them bangers too.

Dre really did produce a good portion of "Dogg Food"...

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #1583 on: May 09, 2007, 11:44:10 PM »
first of all, +1 theD. please stick around, you seem a cool cat.

NIK, which tracks you think he produced? I always figured he did 'let's play house'.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

tempo2

« Reply #1584 on: May 10, 2007, 01:37:17 AM »
tanj i deffinatley think riddin, slippin and slidin was produced by dre. the way the drum patterns are and the dope r & b hook in the middle and twoward the end of the song. its signature dre sound from back then when he was going for that mellow type gangster shit. dre is very good at taking the listener to the hook and back again without the listener knowing its happned, its really hard to hide a bridge like dre does.

also i think the whole story behind dogg food is intriguing. i mean the story goes that daz didnt want any dre production on the album which to me is absoloutley ludacris. there is no way that back then in the pinnacle of the death row days that an album would be released after "chronic" and "doggystyle" without dre production, im sorry but that just aint happening. i mean it was dre who brought dogg pound to death row (well snoop precisley) and not suge. so its not as if daz would have the clout to say "i aint having any dre production" its not his place to say that to dre. but i also think its intruging that theyd release the album without stating it had dre production? why would they do that? somethings deffinatley amiss here.

in summary i definatley think theres dre production in there but its definatley co produced with daz you can hear and feel the two styles and vibes mixing together on this album. to me the production is in the same ilk as the doggystly song "doggy dogg world" which of course is a dre production. i caould definatley see that song on dogg food without standing out like a saw thumb.

MediumL

« Reply #1585 on: May 10, 2007, 10:59:40 AM »
tanj i deffinatley think riddin, slippin and slidin was produced by dre. the way the drum patterns are and the dope r & b hook in the middle and twoward the end of the song. its signature dre sound from back then when he was going for that mellow type gangster shit. dre is very good at taking the listener to the hook and back again without the listener knowing its happned, its really hard to hide a bridge like dre does.

also i think the whole story behind dogg food is intriguing. i mean the story goes that daz didnt want any dre production on the album which to me is absoloutley ludacris. there is no way that back then in the pinnacle of the death row days that an album would be released after "chronic" and "doggystyle" without dre production, im sorry but that just aint happening. i mean it was dre who brought dogg pound to death row (well snoop precisley) and not suge. so its not as if daz would have the clout to say "i aint having any dre production" its not his place to say that to dre. but i also think its intruging that theyd release the album without stating it had dre production? why would they do that? somethings deffinatley amiss here.

in summary i definatley think theres dre production in there but its definatley co produced with daz you can hear and feel the two styles and vibes mixing together on this album. to me the production is in the same ilk as the doggystly song "doggy dogg world" which of course is a dre production. i caould definatley see that song on dogg food without standing out like a saw thumb.

I think Dre mixed a lot of Dogg Food, on some tracks doing more than that but because in hip hop the definition of producer is so blurred then I don't think we will really know. Imo Daz probably didnt want Dre's name over it to give his name some clout in the industry. I mean Suge would of thought that Daz would make loads for producing on other projects outside of Death Row and it would be good to have two big name producers on DR. Plus Daz has produced some bangers so we cant be certain he didn't do most of it.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

devil_may_care

• 'G'
« Reply #1586 on: May 10, 2007, 12:42:22 PM »
I'm loving the piano on Here We Go, drum pattern a bit stark for me though. Still good beat.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #1587 on: May 10, 2007, 10:27:42 PM »

I think Dre mixed a lot of Dogg Food, on some tracks doing more than that but because in hip hop the definition of producer is so blurred then I don't think we will really know. Imo Daz probably didnt want Dre's name over it to give his name some clout in the industry. I mean Suge would of thought that Daz would make loads for producing on other projects outside of Death Row and it would be good to have two big name producers on DR. Plus Daz has produced some bangers so we cant be certain he didn't do most of it.

yeah two things

a) I feel doggy dogg world shits on ANYthing on Dogg Food and I love DF.
b) ronin ro's dr.dre book has the story of dogg food. and it's the same shit dre does now.
they wanted dre's production, dre took forever. they started making the record. once the record was done, daz was reluctant to let dre tinker with the beats because he didn't want his credit taken away as he later stated he felt it was in regards to doggystyle and the chronic.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Nasty Nem

• 'G'
  • HOV
« Reply #1588 on: May 12, 2007, 06:45:14 AM »
anyone who knows dre can hear him all over dogg food, it's bait

and ya don't stop

MediumL

« Reply #1589 on: May 13, 2007, 12:51:51 AM »