Author Topic: C.V.: Dr. Dre (Productions) ©  (Read 289856 times)

Matty

Re: C.V.: Dr.Dre (Productions) ©
« Reply #1800 on: January 12, 2009, 03:00:07 PM »
definitely that graphic aint exactly evidence. however dude is storch's artist i don't see why they would big up a storch beat as a dre one for no reason. it's not like storch isn't a big name by himself...

Jome

« Reply #1801 on: January 12, 2009, 03:08:25 PM »
definitely that graphic aint exactly evidence.

Especially with "Prod by Dr.Dre" in funny letters, in different letters from the rest of the artwork.. seems out of place.

TRG

« Reply #1802 on: January 12, 2009, 09:35:43 PM »
Big Mike - Mr. Officer (Original) was produced by Dre.

check the recent Big Mike interview
http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews/bigmike/

Dubcnn: I was going to ask you about that track “Mr. Officer”. Can you tell us the history on that track because there’s been a lot of talk about how it was meant for The Chronic and whatnot.

At the time we were there, Dr. Dre was putting together The Chronic and people were contributing to the album because everybody knew that their success rode on the success of that record. We all did it because we wanted to, not because we were forced to. We all took the attitude that we wanted to be a part of something big. We all knew something big was happening, so I had done the song, he heard it and he wanted to use it on The Chronic. So, when I came to the Geto Boys, while there was still some uncertainty with Death Row, I used that song on the Geto Boys’ album. It didn’t hurt anyone’s pocket but mine, you know? I did alright with the Geto Boys, but The Chronic sold I don’t know how many millions of records! But, man, you can’t live with regrets so it’s all love. That was me taking my shot on myself and, I mean, it worked out for me.

Dubcnn: So, did “Mr. Officer” sound the same on ‘Til Death Do Us Part as it did when you were doing it with Death Row?

Nah, man, the music was on a totally different vibe.

Dubcnn: Did Dre produce the original?

Yeah.

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
« Reply #1803 on: January 13, 2009, 12:33:25 AM »
http://content.onsmash.com/archives/10424

just in the case you would think I made it up ;)

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1804 on: January 13, 2009, 03:13:29 AM »
Nobody is claiming that you made it up, you're a very legit poster, it's just that it wouldn't be the first time that a Storch beat gets labeled as a Dre one.

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
« Reply #1805 on: January 13, 2009, 05:07:41 AM »
Thanks. I posted the original link just to be sure ;) anyway, it sounds like Storch and I think it is him, because he works with Stacks pretty often

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

Jome

« Reply #1806 on: January 15, 2009, 03:22:28 PM »
Jan 15th
  • 50 Cent
    I Get It In

Busta Rhymes
    feat. Common, Mary J. Blige, Jamie Foxx & John Legend - Decisions

With the new "I Get It In" version, it's 100% Dr.Dre, nobody makes beats like that, and there's confirmations all over 50 Cent's website.  8)

Matty

« Reply #1807 on: January 15, 2009, 03:28:10 PM »
yeah. still though, 50 needs a catchy hit single and instead comes out on some bizarre experimental beat. 'get up' was a better track through and through. not digging 'i get it in' not even the new version is still not very pleasing to listen to.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1808 on: January 15, 2009, 03:35:09 PM »
Who cares if it's a hit single, if anything it's good 50 actually experimented for a change (beat wise), wouldn't you agree ?

Matty

« Reply #1809 on: January 15, 2009, 03:39:37 PM »
if i liked the vibe of the track yes but this is horrible and all over the place. just so happens that singles often have strong cohesive sound that dre is so great at delivering. this track is a complete failure on every level. doesn't automatically get points for being different...

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1810 on: January 15, 2009, 03:49:02 PM »
Lol, ok we usually agree about Dre beat but opinion is an opinion. I love the new beat, sounds very orchestra and experimental, something I'd expect from Detox. Maybe Dre was reading the internet and saw all the complaints about his beats being loops and decided to go crazy  :D

Matty

« Reply #1811 on: January 15, 2009, 03:57:17 PM »
i just think it's funny that this is a single when in reality it should be an album track/leftover. i hope dre is reading all these comments especially mine :laugh: if this is 50's biggest single since 'in da club' i will eat my shoe but the public just won't be feeling anything this weird. i'm pretty certain of that.

lol that dre didn't even change the piano chords to something a bit more uplifting :laugh: i guess the whole funeral vibe is the future of club music.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1812 on: January 15, 2009, 04:05:05 PM »
Beat wise, only Outta Control remix is better than this, when it comes to Dre and 50 trying to do a club joint after In Da Club. It's like this:

1. In Da Club
2. Outta Control remix
3. I Get It In
3. Outta Control OG

But yeah I agree that the piano is the biggest x factor here; it's definetly not normal for a club joint.

Matty

« Reply #1813 on: January 15, 2009, 04:11:33 PM »
i wouldn't even put this in the club joint category. here are my '50 and dre bangers' whether dre has uncredited production/mixing credits or whatever....

1) in da club
2) outta control rmx
3) get up (mixing credit obvious co-production)
4) if i cant
5) candy shop (mixing credit likely production tweaks)
5) talk about me
6) straight to the bank (co-production)
7) just a lil' bit (mixing credit)
8) disco inferno (mxing credit/co-production)
9) outta control OG

all of these tracks are better 'bangers' than 'i get it in' and go hard 8)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1814 on: January 15, 2009, 04:55:25 PM »

real shit thats some bangers
wit candy shop and in da club bein the weakest, or least liked haha

i wouldn't even put this in the club joint category. here are my '50 and dre bangers' whether dre has uncredited production/mixing credits or whatever....

1) in da club
2) outta control rmx
3) get up (mixing credit obvious co-production)
4) if i cant
5) candy shop (mixing credit likely production tweaks)
5) talk about me
6) straight to the bank (co-production)
7) just a lil' bit (mixing credit)
8) disco inferno (mxing credit/co-production)
9) outta control OG

all of these tracks are better 'bangers' than 'i get it in' and go hard 8)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 05:45:11 PM by enyce »
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.