Author Topic: C.V.: Dr. Dre (Productions) ©  (Read 287674 times)

Jome

Re: C.V.: Dr.Dre (Productions) ©
« Reply #1815 on: January 15, 2009, 05:23:36 PM »
According to a quick count, this is the 23rd time 50 is on a Dre-beat..

The new version is so much better:

Piano - Crisper and better co-ordinated/structured
Claps - Crisper and less dominating
Bass - Way deeper, cleaner/crispy, and more hard-hitting, and there's some new bass effects added, mainly during 50's verses
Violins - Dunno if it's violins or some kinda keyboard organ effect added in the chorus, but it's a crazy touch Dre is starting to use more often

Best tested on a good system or in proper headphones (= not Ipod headphones).

Matty

« Reply #1816 on: January 16, 2009, 01:14:10 AM »
well i gave it lots of spins tonight and it grew on me somewhat. however i still don't like it very much or think it's a very good single. its a very well polished turd though, big ups to dre on reworking the beat into something a bit more likable...

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1817 on: January 16, 2009, 05:06:55 AM »
i must say, i really like the beat. it should blow up.

WestKos

« Reply #1818 on: January 16, 2009, 11:37:04 AM »
According to a quick count, this is the 23rd time 50 is on a Dre-beat..

The new version is so much better:

Piano - Crisper and better co-ordinated/structured
Claps - Crisper and less dominating
Bass - Way deeper, cleaner/crispy, and more hard-hitting, and there's some new bass effects added, mainly during 50's verses
Violins - Dunno if it's violins or some kinda keyboard organ effect added in the chorus, but it's a crazy touch Dre is starting to use more often

Best tested on a good system or in proper headphones (= not Ipod headphones).

Agree. that's why Dre is a monster. many ppl produced good beats but when they are not properly mixed, they turned out average. Dre's mixing makes the difference (e.g. Straight to the bank, been through the storm, etc...). it's good that we had the unmixed version first to be able to measure the importance of a proper mixing. At first i was kinda disappointed with I Get It in, like it was missing smthg......now i'm satisfied!

Matty

« Reply #1819 on: January 16, 2009, 11:51:57 AM »
what dre's 'mixing' is as discussed here is is not just mixing. its mixing + extra production and arguably the most important production in terms of the finished sound.

Tha Nordic Pimp

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #1820 on: January 20, 2009, 02:23:14 PM »
"Could Have Been You" feat. 50 Cent & R. Kelly. Nice track!!

Dr. Dre's label Interscope has yet to issue a comment, however a source close to Dre's camp tells us the legendary producer was expecting the song to be on Detox and is furious with the tune being leaked so early, especially since it wasn't mixed and mastered. Several of the Web sites that posted the song Wednesday have since taken it down — according to another source, they caught serious heat from Dre's camp. (source MTV)

Jome

« Reply #1821 on: January 24, 2009, 03:00:51 PM »
This just in:

Nikki Grier - Any Day Now

http://www.zshare.net/audio/54613861c1bab44e/

Apparently Dre, sounds very Dre-ish.. drop thoughts!

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1822 on: January 24, 2009, 03:21:00 PM »
Sounds like Dre. Nothing special.

BTW I can't really tell a difference between her and Marsha.

Matty

« Reply #1823 on: January 24, 2009, 03:29:17 PM »
thats nice! 8) but yeah nothing special. could be a storch track its hard to tell. i'd expect the bass to be smoother and much lower if it was a dre beat. but if its storch he's definitelty stepping the drum game up and its a very nice mix.

Jome

« Reply #1824 on: January 24, 2009, 03:31:22 PM »
^^ Doesn't really sound like Storch..

Her MySpace says "AnyDay Now produced by Dr Dre", so I'm adding it.. she had a track with 50, so she's obviously connected.

Sriram619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1825 on: January 24, 2009, 03:32:01 PM »
sound like dre for sure, the drums and the chords... did dre produce incredible by nikki grier and 50 cent ?

Matty

« Reply #1826 on: January 24, 2009, 03:34:31 PM »
probably unmastered because everything would be clearer and the bass is normally far deeper on a dre joint. drum wise the claps are pretty similar to young buck 'hold on'.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1827 on: January 24, 2009, 04:41:19 PM »
Incredible is produced by Focus I think. Altough the chords in the chours sound like Storch.

TRG

« Reply #1828 on: January 24, 2009, 04:44:40 PM »
"Any Day Now" has a nice beat. Typical deep piano n tight drums by Dre. For some reason it reminded me of that Sunshine Anderson joint that came out a while ago, i dont know why. But its a cool song. I dont think its mixed either. Doesnt sound as "crisp" as it should.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #1829 on: January 25, 2009, 01:56:11 AM »
"Any Day Now" has a nice beat. Typical deep piano n tight drums by Dre. For some reason it reminded me of that Sunshine Anderson joint that came out a while ago, i dont know why. But its a cool song. I dont think its mixed either. Doesnt sound as "crisp" as it should.
yep, that's what we love Dre for  8)
anyway, Nikki's performance was awesome  :)