Author Topic: C.V.: Dr. Dre (Productions) ©  (Read 287741 times)

Okka

Re: C.V.: Dr. Dre (Productions) ©
« Reply #2520 on: May 22, 2016, 06:22:35 AM »
Dr.Dre didn't produce both "California Love". The "remix" one was produced by LayLaw and D-Maq. Death Row releases always used wrong credits for this one. The instrumental was made around the same time the OG Dre version was recorded.

Well, Dre got the credit on the booklet though. You can never know for sure who did what.

donfathaimmortal

« Reply #2521 on: May 22, 2016, 09:54:42 AM »
Dr.Dre didn't produce both "California Love". The "remix" one was produced by LayLaw and D-Maq. Death Row releases always used wrong credits for this one. The instrumental was made around the same time the OG Dre version was recorded.

Well, Dre got the credit on the booklet though. You can never know for sure who did what.

Check it but i think LayLaw also talked about that in a interview which floatin around internet ;)
The spot got shook, it was hell below | Is that Futureshock ?? | Hell, no, it's Death Row !

donfathaimmortal

« Reply #2522 on: May 22, 2016, 09:58:46 AM »
LayLaw about "California Love"

“I went on and played some music for him,” began ‘Law as he recalled his reunion with Dr. Dre in the mid-‘90s. “He heard a beat that he wanted, and it was the ‘California Love (Remix)’ beat. He was officially working on The Chronic 2 way back then. And that song was supposed to have been for his album. … So Dre did the song, a couple days later Roger [Troutman] come out [and] get on it. … A couple days later, ‘Pac hear it [and] ‘Pac get on it. A couple days later now it’s ‘Pac’s single. The very next day they wanna shoot the video. So within a week of us doing it, it became ‘Pac’s single.”

“So I’m like, ‘Alright, what’chu gonna do with my version? ‘Cause we have two versions of the song,’” he continued. “[Dre] said, ‘Your version’s the remix.’ I did it with my partner at the time, [D’Maq]. … [Dr. Dre] told me that he sent the credits into Suge [Knight] and Suge fucked it up. I called Suge. Suge said, ‘Dre never gave me the credits, ‘Law.’ … Mind you, Suge ain’t really worrying about putting my name on shit. So I get in touch with Tupac, and ‘Pac telling me he trying to leave [Death Row Records], he just wanna finish these extra albums and he wanna leave. So, we just kicked back and just let [the situation] marinate.”  
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 10:00:20 AM by donfathaimmortal »
The spot got shook, it was hell below | Is that Futureshock ?? | Hell, no, it's Death Row !

Okka

« Reply #2523 on: May 22, 2016, 10:15:02 AM »
I've read that interview, but Dre still got the credit on the booklet. Should we take out all the other songs from the list that other people said they've produced?

donfathaimmortal

« Reply #2524 on: May 22, 2016, 10:22:56 AM »
I've read that interview, but Dre still got the credit on the booklet. Should we take out all the other songs from the list that other people said they've produced?

I don't remember if it was LawLay or another guy who said that they put the wrong version or wrong credits in All Eyez On Me. It's just like they had to delete Late Nite from Book 2 due to the sample.

I don't think we can take out most of songs said produced by Dre but I think this "remix" credits were wrong, like a "OG 2 BG" who was produced by Dre but arranged by Daz or "Just Doggin" (aka Mobbin Wit Tha Dogg Pound) which got Dre production.

About All Eyez On Me, it's not Daz who saw that they wanted put Dre as producer for "Got My Mind Made Up", a Dogg Food sessions track ?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 10:28:04 AM by donfathaimmortal »

Okka

« Reply #2525 on: May 22, 2016, 11:21:17 AM »

I don't remember if it was LawLay or another guy who said that they put the wrong version or wrong credits in All Eyez On Me. It's just like they had to delete Late Nite from Book 2 due to the sample.

I don't think we can take out most of songs said produced by Dre but I think this "remix" credits were wrong, like a "OG 2 BG" who was produced by Dre but arranged by Daz or "Just Doggin" (aka Mobbin Wit Tha Dogg Pound) which got Dre production.

About All Eyez On Me, it's not Daz who saw that they wanted put Dre as producer for "Got My Mind Made Up", a Dogg Food sessions track ?

"Just Doggin" was produced by Daz and he is credited as the producer in the "Sunset Park" OST booklet. Dr. Dre told 2Pac that he produced "Got My Mind Made Up" and then later Pac found out that Dre was talkin' shit and Daz actually produced it and they got into a "fight" because of that. Here's a clip of Daz talkin' about the situation:

donfathaimmortal

« Reply #2526 on: May 22, 2016, 12:06:36 PM »

"Just Doggin" was produced by Daz and he is credited as the producer in the "Sunset Park" OST booklet. Dr. Dre told 2Pac that he produced "Got My Mind Made Up" and then later Pac found out that Dre was talkin' shit and Daz actually produced it and they got into a "fight" because of that. Here's a clip of Daz talkin' about the situation:

Agree with GMMMU ;) but it seems that Mobbin Wit Tha Dogg Pound could be produced by Dre (Above The Rim era) before the track was released later under Just Doggin in 1996 with Daz as producer. It seems that then, that's why Death Row and D3 also promoted "2002" compilation with production credits with Dre (posters and booklet) although Cold 187Um made thr remix.

Okka

« Reply #2527 on: May 22, 2016, 12:25:21 PM »
Yeah, who knows. I remember back in the days everybody used to say that the original "Just Doggin" was produced by Dr. Dre.

Dargine

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Main Underground Stream
« Reply #2528 on: January 17, 2017, 12:29:44 PM »
This needs another huge update.

Six-2 - The Unfogiven
Dr. Dre - Real Hip Hop (ft. Kurupt & Priscilla) (prod. with Pete Rock)

Some more of the tracks played on that radio show.

And I noticed it lists "Deep Cover" and "187 (Deep Cover remix)", but it should be "Deep Cover", "One Eight Seven" and "Deep Cover (187um remix)", those are 3 different songs. Unless I've missed something on your list?
http://TheMUSblog.blogspot.com

Everything about The D.O.C, Obie Trice, The Notorious B.I.G, Young Buck, Eminem, Pipe da Snipe, Devin the Dude, Six Street Mac, Dr. Dre, B.G. Knocc Out, YG Hootie, 50 Cent, Nate Dogg, 4-Bent & Black Rob.

Six-2 Music

« Reply #2529 on: February 02, 2017, 01:32:47 PM »

Six-2 - The Unfogiven

And I noticed it lists "Deep Cover" and "187 (Deep Cover remix)", but it should be "Deep Cover", "One Eigh

Six-2 - The Unfogiven

And I noticed it lists "Deep Cover" and "187 (Deep Cover remix)", but it should be "Deep Cover", "One Eight Seven" and "Deep Cover (187um remix)", those are 3 different songs. Unless I've missed something on your list?

Check out 15+ New @Six2music Songs for your streaming pleasure. RT, Follow, & Show your Support. Leave a comment. www.soundcloud.com/the-real-Six2

Unforgiven by Six-2 & Dr.Dre is on my SoundCloud page at https://m.soundcloud.com/the-real-six2/the-unfogiven

Marco

« Reply #2530 on: December 13, 2017, 08:14:53 PM »
Bir Witness - Flight to L.A. (Prod. by Dawaun Parker & Dr. Dre)

https://audiomack.com/song/bir-witness/flight-to-la
West Coast Connection // www.dubcnn.com/connect // West Coast Connection

OriginalVersion

« Reply #2531 on: July 04, 2018, 01:04:27 PM »
Need to add this...

2006 - Smitty ft. The Game - Real N*ggaz

https://www.discogs.com/Smitty-The-Last-Nigga-Left/release/5181068
+++||ORIGINAL VERSION||+++

Okka

« Reply #2532 on: July 07, 2018, 12:35:33 PM »
Damn, that beat is dope. It's sounds familiar too.

Okka

« Reply #2533 on: August 13, 2018, 08:22:57 AM »
I was just lookin' at a US copy of "Restless" and Dre isn't credited on "U Know" on this version.

https://www.discogs.com/Xzibit-Restless/release/2584207

I know the website says he is credited, but he actually isn't. Here's a picture of the booklet.

https://i.imgur.com/ID84WLp.jpg

Anybody have any idea why his name was taken from the credits?

Marco

« Reply #2534 on: November 10, 2018, 11:26:12 AM »
Anderson .Paak
Who R U? (Produced with Mell)
West Coast Connection // www.dubcnn.com/connect // West Coast Connection