Author Topic: C.V.: Dr. Dre (Productions) ©  (Read 287652 times)

NoThru22

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: C.V.: Dr.Dre (Productions)™
« Reply #735 on: August 27, 2005, 01:57:33 PM »
You get the fuck outta here.  Producers don't always write the music.

Denial! Is Actively Joinin The Revolution

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #736 on: August 27, 2005, 02:19:29 PM »
man dont bring beef into this topic, your right but u could do it in a positive way like explainin that producers r in the writin credits, and in the 2001 booklet the writin credits on those two songs dont have Dr. Dre's name or publishin
Hittman is not a real person. He was a computer program generated by Dr. Dre and Mel Man back in the mid 90's. When Dre started treating Mel-Man like shit, Mel infiltrated the computer and put a virus in the hittman program

Jome

« Reply #737 on: August 27, 2005, 04:10:22 PM »
Let me clear this up.
Even if Dre don't get "writing credits", doesn't necessarily mean that Dre didn't produce or co-produce it.

Examples from ASCAP:
Bad Intentions - Everybody knows Dre co-produced it, but he doesn't get writing credits because he didn't write the lyrics.
California Love - One of the most famous Dre-produced tracks ever, but no writing credits, cuz he didn't write the lyrics.
Nuthin but a G thang - Another Dre classic, obviously produced by Dre, but Dre didn't write it.
It's the same with Bitch Niggaz & What's the difference

The reason why Dre get writing credits on tracks originally ghostwrote by Eminem, Hittman, Snoop, Xzibit, Royce, or Defari, is that Dre might have came up with the chorus, or tweaked/added to the verses, which will grant you writing credits.
So, that's why "writing credits" should not be confused with producing/co-producing.  :)

dre_gfunk

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #738 on: August 27, 2005, 04:49:55 PM »
Don't be mad at Dre.
The power of a song is not to write the song, but how to mix the lyrics with the tight beats of the doctor.

NoThru22

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #739 on: August 27, 2005, 07:05:32 PM »
You also get writing credits it you write or co-write the music.  Also, when you sample some people's music, they do not allow you to have ANY publishing rights as part of the sampling deal.  So even then the writers get no credit at all for the song, music changes or lyrics (like the Lord Tariq and Peter Gunz song.)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #740 on: August 28, 2005, 03:52:47 AM »
i disagree take this Look at this for example

Outta Control (C.Jackson, A.Young, M.Elizondo, C.Pope, S.Standard)
Published By 50 Cent Music/ ain't nuthin' goin' on But F*****' Music

Etc

Dr. Dre didn't Write that song lyrically nor did Mike Elizondo they r credited for writin the beat. They both have publishin credits on there too

Now U look At

Whats The Difference where the publishin and the writin credits begin it says the followin

M. Bradford/WBmusic Corp./Hard Workin' Black Folks Publishing/ASCAP/ M.Mathers/Famous Music Publishing/ Eight Mile Style/BMI/A. Joyner/ Voco Music/Hennessy For Everyone/BMI/S.Harris/City Housing Publishing/BMI/R. Bembry/ASCAP

See No Dr. Dre Writin Credit Nor No Publishing

Hittman is not a real person. He was a computer program generated by Dr. Dre and Mel Man back in the mid 90's. When Dre started treating Mel-Man like shit, Mel infiltrated the computer and put a virus in the hittman program

Jome

« Reply #741 on: August 28, 2005, 04:58:09 AM »
^^ And how do you know that Dre didn't write/co-write the lyrics for "Outta Control", he could easily have come up with the chorus, or part of 50's verse.
Producing & Writing is NOT the same.

What's the Difference was probably written by Xzibit, Eminem and Mel-Man, but Dre still produced it along with Mel-Man, without getting writing credits.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #742 on: August 28, 2005, 05:01:27 AM »
no its all part of the publishing credits, i dont know but considerin that dre never wrote a single song on his own album and 50 can write lyrics i think he wrote that on his own

Jome

« Reply #743 on: August 28, 2005, 05:24:26 AM »
Ok, I'll let you think so, but the C.V. is still correct, and that's what matters.  ;D

Okka

« Reply #744 on: August 28, 2005, 05:51:01 AM »
Producing & Writing is NOT the same.

Exactly...

Mygla

« Reply #745 on: August 28, 2005, 03:11:43 PM »
Ok, I'll let you think so, but the C.V. is still correct, and that's what matters.  ;D

også sier de at nordmenn er sta  :laugh:

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #746 on: August 29, 2005, 05:50:38 AM »
i know the CV is correct im jus explainin it for people i have no probs wit the CV i think u have done a great job  :)

NoThru22

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #747 on: August 29, 2005, 02:40:14 PM »
It's now confirmed that Dr. Dre did not produce Live By The Gun or anything on Tony Yayo's album.

Tha Nordic Pimp

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #748 on: August 30, 2005, 10:49:02 AM »
Big Pun feat. Fat Joe "Twins" (Deep Cover)  8)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #749 on: August 30, 2005, 02:03:28 PM »
Thats not a dre track thats jus a song over the deep cover beat its been discussed in the earlier pages of this topic