Author Topic: A few possible reasons  (Read 212 times)

Agua

A few possible reasons
« on: March 11, 2003, 02:28:37 PM »
for the attack on iraq:

- oil
- worldwide hegemony aka imperialism
- publicity
- hubris

for those who think that humanitarian reasons might play a significant role.... lol..... so naive
« Last Edit: March 11, 2003, 02:28:54 PM by Agua »

TheSheriff

Re:A few possible reasons
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2003, 02:31:45 PM »
None of those reasons listed run against the principles of Machiavelli, so none are damnable as leadership reasons. Only hubris can be criticized.

Agua

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2003, 02:43:44 PM »
None of those reasons listed run against the principles of Machiavelli, so none are damnable as leadership reasons. Only hubris can be criticized.

this would imply that we're in the middle ages/the renaissance, the us is a monarchy and george w. is anyone but caesar borgia - a ruthless tyrant.

TheSheriff

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2003, 03:02:31 PM »
Or perhaps I'm talking about Nietzche, or the Sophists, or the Radical Existensialists. These same theories have existed throughout time. Machiavelli is simply the best known of them.

Quakaveli

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2003, 05:17:28 PM »
Or perhaps I'm talking about Nietzche, or the Sophists, or the Radical Existensialists. These same theories have existed throughout time. Machiavelli is simply the best known of them.

HEIL AGUA!!!  :D

Agua

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2003, 01:03:59 PM »

HEIL AGUA!!!  :D

i assume you've never heard of friedrich nietzsche ....