Author Topic: YEEZUS leaked.  (Read 4336 times)

Jack Trippa 3z company ho

Re: YEEZUS leaked.
« Reply #120 on: June 24, 2013, 10:56:30 PM »
All in all this is a piece of shit album.

Just because he's a rapper doing something a little abstract doesn't mean he's doing something truly innovative or good.

So we got a fashion critic with poor self esteem and race identity issues rapping over what essentially sounds like game audio from Pong over some old NIN drums, yeah, wow, hip hop, so extreme and unique and generation defining.

I still have yet to hear a song from the album, but I have a feeling this is gonna be a pretty spot on review. *heads to youtube*

Jack Trippa 3z company ho

« Reply #121 on: June 24, 2013, 11:08:48 PM »
All in all this is a piece of shit album.

Just because he's a rapper doing something a little abstract doesn't mean he's doing something truly innovative or good.

So we got a fashion critic with poor self esteem and race identity issues rapping over what essentially sounds like game audio from Pong over some old NIN drums, yeah, wow, hip hop, so extreme and unique and generation defining.

I still have yet to hear a song from the album, but I have a feeling this is gonna be a pretty spot on review. *heads to youtube*

Ok so I found the whole album on YouTube. Listened to the intro, then the song with that "fallen in love" sample, then skipped around to a few random spots.

And I completely agree with your assessment. I'd also add there is no way that I could even tolerate anything that I heard for more than a minute without feeling agitated.

Further, Kanye just seems like a miserable bastard. Listen to his music from Graduation and prior, he sounds like he's actually having fun and his music was soulful. Now it's pretty much pretentious wanna be avante garde crap.

I'll pass.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 11:12:04 PM by Jack Trippa 3z company ho »

dnjp4life

« Reply #122 on: June 25, 2013, 04:01:45 AM »
I haven't heard anything from this album yet but I will get it in due course.  I enjoyed Kanye's last album and this one is receiving some good reviews in places.  I'll give it a chance despite the bashing its receiving on here.

The Overfiend

• 'G'
« Reply #123 on: June 25, 2013, 05:19:42 AM »
I like this..I was growing bored of hip-hop. This is interesting. Not the typical formula.

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #124 on: June 25, 2013, 06:23:47 AM »
Listened.  Thought it was trash so I threw it where it belongs.
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"

Blood$

« Reply #125 on: June 25, 2013, 08:10:20 AM »
this album > J. Cole and Mac Miller's

if y'all think this album sucks then I'm scared to see how y'all feel about those other frisbees lol