Author Topic: YEEZUS leaked.  (Read 4382 times)

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: YEEZUS leaked.
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2013, 11:57:32 PM »
If I was truly a follower I wouldn't go against the grain and be like you and pose like your frontin' ass saying, "this ain't real hip hop nigga. This is corny pop nigga. I listen to T.I. nigga!!!" 

LMAO

The thing for me with this guy and most of his music, is that it just feels hollow.  I realize that rap is bragging; that it stems from that and has only very recently grown into anything but (yes William, I know stuff about rap too).  Buut, Kanye just comes across as completely arrogant, lifeless, tryhard, and douchey.  Which is probably what he is in real life - which I couldn't care less about, except for the fact that it is obviously seeping and teeming from his musical ambitions and recordings.  Hes the kind of rapper that goes from either the emo side (which is unbelievable since he's so self-describedly "cool" and "above" everything) or the "nigga im rich" side (to me, this is him following the trends being the complete opposite of being innovative which some people seem to think he is). 

On a lighter note, I get that guy and Classic Material confused when I read their shit all the time lmao.
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2013, 12:07:17 AM »
this album is really crazy you really gotta sit with it for a while i like this more then 808s

Will_B

« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2013, 01:23:18 AM »
this album is really crazy you really gotta sit with it for a while i like this more then 808s

Went in the trash after one play. And I had to put in work just to make it thru the first time

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2013, 02:38:31 AM »

Went in the trash after one play. And I had to put in work just to make it thru the first time

would you care to elaborate why this is a bad album, or is it just because it was made somewhere other than southern california?

;D
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Will_B

« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2013, 02:49:18 AM »

would you care to elaborate why this is a bad album, or is it just because it was made somewhere other than southern california?

Nice try but already stated my opinion Adam. Read the thread if you're interested 'big' homie

Javii

• 'G'
« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2013, 07:33:53 AM »
If I was truly a follower I wouldn't go against the grain and be like you and pose like your frontin' ass saying, "this ain't real hip hop nigga. This is corny pop nigga. I listen to T.I. nigga!!!" 

LMAO

The thing for me with this guy and most of his music, is that it just feels hollow.  I realize that rap is bragging; that it stems from that and has only very recently grown into anything but (yes William, I know stuff about rap too).  Buut, Kanye just comes across as completely arrogant, lifeless, tryhard, and douchey.  Which is probably what he is in real life - which I couldn't care less about, except for the fact that it is obviously seeping and teeming from his musical ambitions and recordings.  Hes the kind of rapper that goes from either the emo side (which is unbelievable since he's so self-describedly "cool" and "above" everything) or the "nigga im rich" side (to me, this is him following the trends being the complete opposite of being innovative which some people seem to think he is). 

On a lighter note, I get that guy and Classic Material confused when I read their shit all the time lmao.

Since the College Dropout days, Kanye has been in battle with his thoughts on wealth. Take "All Falls Down" for example he spits these bars...

"But I ain't even gonna act holier than thou
Cause fuck it, I went to Jacob with twenty-five thou
Before I had a house and I'd do it again"

It's a characteristic that that isn't positive per se, or something that one can support. But it's definitely interesting to see the development that Kanye has experienced over the years. The more money he's made, the hypocrisy has become even more intense. He tries to be cool sure, but his pain is quite evident. The guy's mom died from complications of plastic surgery and around the same time him and his long-term fiancée called it quits. Something even to this day he still raps about. I don't think a rapper compares to him in terms of dealing with what comes along with fame, and he's putting it out on display for everyone to listen to.

Blood$

« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2013, 08:01:38 AM »

light years ahead of 808s... that album sucked lol only Kanye album that didn't get my purchase

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2013, 09:43:14 AM »
Kanye just knows how to make songs. It's not "great Hip Hop", but I'm not judging it like it is. Kanye rides the incredible production with an awesome delivery.

But it doesn't surprise me that the forum built off an extinct form of Hip Hop is so harsh to judge this. Because outside of this forum, nothing but astounding reviews.

Blood On The Leaves stays on repeat. 8)

Will_B

« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2013, 10:06:59 AM »
Kanye just knows how to make songs. It's not "great Hip Hop", but I'm not judging it like it is. Kanye rides the incredible production with an awesome delivery.

But it doesn't surprise me that the forum built off an extinct form of Hip Hop is so harsh to judge this. Because outside of this forum, nothing but astounding reviews.

I'm not even judging this against 'great hip hop' coz its more of a popular culture effort (read as pop music)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2013, 11:35:56 AM »
elaborate on "pop culture effort" will you fannyfart.

Remedy360

« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2013, 11:42:54 AM »

Yeah, after listening to a few songs I was convinced the whole thing was gonna be like that shit-show, not a bad album though.

Will_B

« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2013, 01:11:49 PM »

Music for the masses. Not even strictly rap. Fans of his 'celebrity' will like it even if they never heard a rap album before.

"Did u hear he referenced Kim's wet mouth?" OMG etc :camp:

Plus he doing popular things like imitating Drakes sound and even Kendrick and Meek Mill type flows and shit.
It's all for fans of 'the moment' - All that first and the music is second, and largely lyrics come in 3rd by a long way.

You really want to hear someone makin dinosaur noises on a track?

Kanye is the Grace Jones of rap..

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2013, 01:20:52 PM »

This coming from the kid who dont know who Brand Nubian is. lol. If you dont know your past how the hell you gonna know your future? Your a follower Cham you been one forever. Youre named after a click of mothafuckas you not even down with who are followers of another nigga. First it was Chamillitary, then you was team box5 then you was tryin to be team hollywood bilderberg then you jumped on Joe Budden late as hell after he fell off and went commercial. Once again I knew before I even came on here you was gonna say this album was great because you a follower. I could give a fuck about what online reviewers think for all we know they could be young dumb motherfuckas with no knowledge of hip hop like you the kid who thought Lord Jamar was some new era mixtape rapper dissin Kanye.

The only reason you don't like TI is because CM and I listen to his music and back in the day we had that whole thing goin on with you sayin Chamillionaire was better and us sayin Tip was better. Tips career took off and Chams didnt like we said and youve had to live wit that L. Thats literally the only reason youre anti TI. Same reason youre Anti Kobe because Nik been shittin on you forever on this board too. If I was one of these losers on here who worried about what the majority of the board thought of me and just didnt want to be clowned and agreed with you and got along with you you would hold no malice towards TI and be on here callin him king of the south easily. Especially the fact that anybody down with Jay-Z and Eminem in your book is automatically dope.
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

Javii

• 'G'
« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2013, 02:49:24 PM »

"Did u hear he referenced Kim's wet mouth?" OMG etc :camp:

Plus he doing popular things like imitating Drakes sound and even Kendrick and Meek Mill type flows and shit.
It's all for fans of 'the moment' - All that first and the music is second, and largely lyrics come in 3rd by a long way.

You really want to hear someone makin dinosaur noises on a track?

Kanye is the Grace Jones of rap..

Come on, nobody gets crazy over those references. LOL.

How can Kanye be imitating Drake when Drake has said 808s has been his biggest inspiration?

Someone making dinosaur noises....but at the same time he's making music for the masses. Hmm

Heinz

« Reply #74 on: June 19, 2013, 04:33:57 PM »

This coming from the kid who dont know who Brand Nubian is. lol. If you dont know your past how the hell you gonna know your future? Your a follower Cham you been one forever. Youre named after a click of mothafuckas you not even down with who are followers of another nigga. First it was Chamillitary, then you was team box5 then you was tryin to be team hollywood bilderberg then you jumped on Joe Budden late as hell after he fell off and went commercial. Once again I knew before I even came on here you was gonna say this album was great because you a follower. I could give a fuck about what online reviewers think for all we know they could be young dumb motherfuckas with no knowledge of hip hop like you the kid who thought Lord Jamar was some new era mixtape rapper dissin Kanye.

The only reason you don't like TI is because CM and I listen to his music and back in the day we had that whole thing goin on with you sayin Chamillionaire was better and us sayin Tip was better. Tips career took off and Chams didnt like we said and youve had to live wit that L. Thats literally the only reason youre anti TI. Same reason youre Anti Kobe because Nik been shittin on you forever on this board too. If I was one of these losers on here who worried about what the majority of the board thought of me and just didnt want to be clowned and agreed with you and got along with you you would hold no malice towards TI and be on here callin him king of the south easily. Especially the fact that anybody down with Jay-Z and Eminem in your book is automatically dope.

Serious business.