Author Topic: Peace to William  (Read 2309 times)

Jack Trippa 3z company ho

Re: Peace to William
« Reply #75 on: December 08, 2013, 01:46:28 AM »
When I play Poet Laureate 2 from Canibus, bitches go wild.

Hahaha

Will_B

« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2013, 01:48:30 AM »
I like when OG Bill B musters up the courage to post in here.

Bill, what would you rate The Twinz: Conversation album? I would give it a solid 9.33, personally. The only misstep on the album is 4 eyes 2 heads, and regrettably due to Soopa's production. Warren was crafting master productions on this, and The Twinz do those beats justice.

Very good album. Only track I don't care for is '1st Round Draft Pick' - just feels a bit over produced and I don't like the hook

7/10

Come on man it's at least 8.75 based off that.

Well without wishing to sound French the G-Funk beats are 'flawless'...and the album has heart, but lyrically it's nothing great

"Now get the glass and the yak and take a step back
and try to figure out this nigga Wayniac, the maniac
when it comes to a track
it's like this, or should I say it's like that (like that)
I got that knack to make the beats smack
from my nine-millimeter microphone Mack
10-9-8-wait-B-e-a-c-h, city is the place to be
with my brother Tripp Locc and the G funk family."

Son, tell me you ain't shittin on Round and Round. Thems fightin words.

What should the lyrics have been?

Im gonna leave it at that

If you can't understand how limited and basic ABC-123, cat sat on the mat rappin is......

bouli77

« Reply #77 on: December 08, 2013, 01:58:02 AM »
to be honest The Twinz are some of the "more lyrical" rappers from the DPG family tree, excluding tray deee, bad azz and crooked I, which isn't saying much but still.

there's a difference between rating an album poorly because of the obvious terrible lyrics (like master p's albums), not so much in the content but in the form. most lyricists are judged on how they say it rather than on what they say : redman, keith murray, your average east spitter isn't spitting some deeper than deep lyrics, they're just clever on how they put it together.

the twinz penned basic lyrics without much meaning but very efficient nonetheless, they constructed dope rhymes that flow well and that's all that we asked of them, as NIKCC the interest of G-Funk is in the vibe and the flows, if the lyrics aren't nonsensical and make it flow, that's perfect. the content isn't strikingly interesting but the form is dope.

Conversation has the best g-funk production imo, and 1st Round Draft Pick is in my favorite songs off the album. banging g-funk production but a dark track and warren g has always been a master of smooth hooks. the only songs i'm not feeling are 4 Eyez 2 Headz, doesn't fit the tone of the album (still a decent track), and Hollywood, don't like the production and the feminine hook is annoying.

Jack Trippa 3z company ho

« Reply #78 on: December 08, 2013, 01:59:40 AM »

Bill, what would you rate The Twinz: Conversation album? I would give it a solid 9.33, personally. The only misstep on the album is 4 eyes 2 heads, and regrettably due to Soopa's production. Warren was crafting master productions on this, and The Twinz do those beats justice.

Very good album. Only track I don't care for is '1st Round Draft Pick' - just feels a bit over produced and I don't like the hook

7/10

Well without wishing to sound French the G-Funk beats are 'flawless'...and the album has heart, but lyrically it's nothing great

when it comes to a track

Im gonna leave it at that

If you can't understand how limited and basic ABC-123, cat sat on the mat rappin is......

You have horrible taste bloc, I'll leave it at that.

Will_B

« Reply #79 on: December 08, 2013, 03:15:03 AM »
to be honest The Twinz are some of the "more lyrical" rappers from the DPG family tree, excluding tray deee, bad azz and crooked I, which isn't saying much but still.

there's a difference between rating an album poorly because of the obvious terrible lyrics (like master p's albums), not so much in the content but in the form. most lyricists are judged on how they say it rather than on what they say : redman, keith murray, your average east spitter isn't spitting some deeper than deep lyrics, they're just clever on how they put it together.

the twinz penned basic lyrics without much meaning but very efficient nonetheless, they constructed dope rhymes that flow well and that's all that we asked of them, as NIKCC the interest of G-Funk is in the vibe and the flows, if the lyrics aren't nonsensical and make it flow, that's perfect. the content isn't strikingly interesting but the form is dope.

Conversation has the best g-funk production imo, and 1st Round Draft Pick is in my favorite songs off the album. banging g-funk production but a dark track and warren g has always been a master of smooth hooks. the only songs i'm not feeling are 4 Eyez 2 Headz, doesn't fit the tone of the album (still a decent track), and Hollywood, don't like the production and the feminine hook is annoying.

I didn't rate it poorly, I said it's a very good album but you have to be objective here. It's not a 9.98 kind of thing. There are wayy better rap albums and music out there

bouli77

« Reply #80 on: December 08, 2013, 06:16:17 AM »

didn't say there weren't better rap albums or music, but it's an excellent genre album

Will_B

« Reply #81 on: December 08, 2013, 06:27:06 AM »
didn't say there weren't better rap albums or music, but it's an excellent genre album

It certainly is. It's as good as Warrens first 2 albums and arguably better than most rap albums dropping these days

Sccit

« Reply #82 on: December 08, 2013, 08:20:19 AM »

7/10

when it comes to a track

will wouldnt understand soul on the mic if it raped him in the ass

Will_B

« Reply #83 on: December 08, 2013, 08:32:46 AM »

7/10

when it comes to a track

will wouldnt understand soul on the mic if it raped him in the ass

Just make the beat smooth and spit on the mic first hombre :-*

Okka

« Reply #84 on: December 08, 2013, 09:38:26 AM »
Will, check your PM's.

Heinz

« Reply #85 on: December 19, 2013, 12:23:29 AM »
IP check, one two, one two...
Someone is plotting and scheming
trying to track down this little black jew.
Here is a hint for you online detectives
your spying glass is defective
open your eyes and change your perspectives.
Come to Van Buren and Jackson
and you will witness yours truly relaxing
on the stoop of his humble mansion.
Inside water is simmering on the stove
a myriad recipes from all over the globe.
todays menu is fresh Stromboli ravioli
guaranteed to make the soul happy and jolly.
Say a prayer before we eat
give thanks and praise to The Most Holy.
Peace and countless blessings from Dayton
filling your screen with good vibrations
wether your suomi, brit or pagan.