Author Topic: Jay-Z's new album leaked  (Read 3116 times)

Blood$

Re: Jay-Z's new album leaked
« Reply #75 on: July 12, 2013, 06:35:48 AM »
Question:

I've never been a big Jay-Z fan, but I do like some of his catchy songs a lot. Should I download this album or would that be a waste of time for me?

seeing that you're always bitching and moaning about DJs and people "talking" on records, there are a few songs where people talk and one of them has Biggie talking over Jay-Z so you might wanna pass on this then

only song you'd probably like is the first one with Justin Timberlake anyway  :P
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 06:38:21 AM by BloodMoneyMane »

Blood$

« Reply #76 on: July 12, 2013, 06:37:36 AM »
earl sweatshirt saying what im thinking here -

"i hope that opinions on my material throughout my career are based on the quality of it and not how big my name is"

truth

nobody is judging the album based on how big Jay-Z's name is, people are saying the album is good because it in fact is

Kanye's name is just as big as Jay's at this point if not maybe bigger and Yeezus is getting mixed reviews from critics and fans, so there goes that logic

Remedy360

« Reply #77 on: July 12, 2013, 10:06:50 AM »
Jay said himself it's his 4th best album behind Reasonable Doubt, Blueprint and The Black Album. All of which are pretty widely considered to be classics.

That's why he's compared to greats because he has three classics. Only other people with more than one are Tupac, Big, Em, Nas and a few select other greats lol.

I'll give you Reasonable Doubt, it's just hard for me to really view much else from him as classic. I've just never really been able to vibe to his stuff the way I have with other artists I consider "great". Again, I like the guy, just don't view him the same way as most other people I guess.

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #78 on: July 12, 2013, 12:16:54 PM »
a bunch of jay-z dickriders up in here nothing special imo

Blood$

« Reply #79 on: July 12, 2013, 12:49:35 PM »
I was called a Jay-Z "hater" at one point on here so definitely ain't no dickriding in this thread at least on my part  8)

me1

« Reply #80 on: July 12, 2013, 01:31:55 PM »
For me, there are so many better things to listen to from the last 6-12 months (Rocky, Kendrick, Kayne, to name three). Add in the fact that this is at best Jay Z's 4th best album and it all equates to basically zero replay value for me. I'd honestly rather listen to Best of Both Worlds, not to mention RD, In My Lifetime 1,2, Vol 3, Dynasty, BP1, BP2, S.Carter mixtape. It's got a bunch of Timbo beats, and excellent production throughout, but this album is boring as all hell. Compare how this dude's flows and subject matter are aging relative to his one-time nemesis NaS. Compare Life is Good to this joint. Apples and Oranges. I don't pop molly, I rock Tom Ford? (Why are those two things mutually exclusive? Do both Jay!)

Since this is Dubcc, I'd also add that there's a reason Dr. Dre prioritizes quality control. Unlike Jay, he's not interested in putting out his 4th best project in his 17th year in the game. Jay puts out decent product, while Dre helps bring us a Kendrick Lamar debut that is better than all but maybe one or two of the 12 albums that Jay has put out in 17 years. Dre could flood the airwaves with beats as well produced as what you hear on this album, but he won't in the interest of not diluting his legacy.

Nothing special about this album at all aside from the fact that an average Timbo beat is still very nice, and that it's cool that Timbo is willing to produce nearly all of a project not once but twice in a year (JT and Jay-Z). Unlike Dre who last did that with Relapse and before that did it god knows when.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 02:38:24 PM by manny1 »

Ma Sai Ya

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2013, 05:11:19 PM »
After listening to this for a little while now, and being a Jay fan, i'd say this was a pretty solid effort overall. For someone thats been in the game for so long, his longevity is unmatched, and sure his subject matter maybe a tad bragadocious, but he can still compose quality music, even if not as good as once was. I'd compare Jordan's Wizards days, he was old and slower, but could still play. Jay can still play, just as good as 70-80% of the artists these days anyways.. Thats not sayin much though

Still a solid album nonetheless

Blood$

« Reply #82 on: July 12, 2013, 06:36:08 PM »
only albums to get my $$$$$ in 2013 were A$AP Rocky, Kid Cudi, Kanye West, and Jay-Z

there were a few others I would have paid for that were released for free that are obviously better as well but I'm not gonna sit here and compare them

Jack Trippa 3z company ho

« Reply #83 on: July 13, 2013, 05:57:21 AM »
After listening to this for a little while now, and being a Jay fan, i'd say this was a pretty solid effort overall. For someone thats been in the game for so long, his longevity is unmatched, and sure his subject matter maybe a tad bragadocious, but he can still compose quality music, even if not as good as once was. I'd compare Jordan's Wizards days, he was old and slower, but could still play. Jay can still play, just as good as 70-80% of the artists these days anyways.. Thats not sayin much though

I disagree with saying his longevity is unmatched...Nas has been around longer and Life Is Good absolutely destroys this album.

Elano The One And Only

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #84 on: July 13, 2013, 06:50:07 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/_uV-ebDhur0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/_uV-ebDhur0</a>

Remedy360

« Reply #85 on: July 13, 2013, 11:09:00 AM »

I disagree with saying his longevity is unmatched...Nas has been around longer and Life Is Good absolutely destroys this album.

No doubt.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #86 on: July 13, 2013, 04:40:47 PM »

"i hope that opinions on my material throughout my career are based on the quality of it and not how big my name is"

truth

nobody is judging the album based on how big Jay-Z's name is, people are saying the album is good because it in fact is

Kanye's name is just as big as Jay's at this point if not maybe bigger and Yeezus is getting mixed reviews from critics and fans, so there goes that logic

im by no means bashing you here, but hold up - 1.  magna carta HAS gotten mixed reviews  2.  you really think jay z doesnt skate on his rep at this point?  you liking magna carta aside..
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Blood$

« Reply #87 on: July 13, 2013, 07:33:16 PM »

truth

im by no means bashing you here, but hold up - 1.  magna carta HAS gotten mixed reviews  2.  you really think jay z doesnt skate on his rep at this point?  you liking magna carta aside..

from all the reviews I've seen so far I haven't seen any blatantly bashing Jay's yet, most are saying either decent or dope release, where as Kanye has gotten straight hate from credible reviewers/radio personalities or just straight praise

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #88 on: July 15, 2013, 05:00:59 PM »
Heard this shit....waste of beats. Jay is so overrated. Lyrically, it was a bore. I guess the kids will like it.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

Elano The One And Only

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #89 on: July 17, 2013, 04:19:40 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fzr6MY664l4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Fzr6MY664l4</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/2XKRykuZH-I" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/2XKRykuZH-I</a>