Author Topic: DWINDLING DUBCC NUMBERS  (Read 1453 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: DWINDLING DUBCC NUMBERS
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2013, 07:36:44 PM »
Yeah, bruh. Times are changing. You'll have to find a new outlet to make some life long friends that live in Kansas City.

Sccit

« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2013, 08:00:29 PM »
@nikk im sorry g i know you more then anyone have a sentimental attatchment to the idea of thriving rap forums etc but its just not realistic pimp. that place like a couple other forums including this one will continue to have their niche but new forums aint doing nothing unless they are based around a successful site or business etc.

niggas dont be bragging about being on message boards and shit my g you got it fucked up thats always been kind of like a "tech nerd" kind of thing where as twitter/ facebook is so accessible everyone and their mommas on that shit. social media like twitter and shit come packaged with your phone in this day and age you almost have to be a part of that no one has dubcc apps prepackaged on their phones etc.

THERES A LOT OF FORUMS OUT THERE STILL THRIVING, THERES A FORUM FOR PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING AND A GOOD PORTION OF EM ARE SUCCESSFUL.. TO ACT LIKE THERE WAS NO CHANCE TO HAVE DUBCC PULL IN COLI NUMBERS IS FLAT OUT WRONG, AND I DUNO IF U DOIN IT CUZ DA-SAUCE COULDNT BE WHAT U WANTED IT TO BE, BUT THERE IS DEFINITELY POTENTIAL AND ENOUGH INTEREST IN FORUMS FOR THEM TO WORK... OF COURSE, THEY WILL NEVER BE WHAT FACEBOOK AND TWITER ARE...BUT THATS SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. THERE ARE REGULARS AT EVERY FORUM, AND THERES A WAY FOR IT TO BE DONE....STILL

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2013, 08:47:11 PM »
no its not different, the reason i said i know your sentimental about it is because i know you my homeboy mesa and a few others grew up on these shits by default as they just became the big thing right around the time yall started gettin old enough to fuck with rap heavy and shit... but one technology replaced the other this was the SPOT to go for wc news but now why do you need to be here when the artists are tweeting their songs out etc AND the more followers and tweets ppl got the more it adds to thier net worth and that goes for you tube too...theres money to be made out there...why you think jay z didnt start a magna carta board...why do you think daz one of the innovators of the internet hiphop forum thing cant get another forum off the ground to save his fucking life DESPITE the fact we KNOW he has fans.

all these sites made this format dead...its not about what da sauce was gonna do etc i build that place and i also killed it had i been more involved it coulda been better but around the time da sauce started poppin only a few ppl knew this but i had another baby and also started a new job and was still working out of my crib it just got to the point where i couldnt be as involved with da sauce as i wanted to...proboards flagged me a couple weeks ago again i got pissed and deleted it kinda on impulse lol but the plan was always to slowly transition that place to we serious but that place is kinda hurtin bruh tuslic needs to run that place like he owns it...hes got all this time and effort years int he making into it and now that da sauce is down he should be cracking on the promo etc but not so much going on out there

Sccit

« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2013, 09:20:13 PM »
LOOK, I AINT SAYIN THAT FORUMS ARE WHAT THEY USED TO BE, BUT TO ACT LIKE THERES NO LONGER A PLACE FOR THEM IS WRONG...AND TO ACT LIKE DUBCC FELL OFF DUE TO THE LACK OF INTEREST IN MESSAGE FORUMS IS EVEN MORE WRONG. LIKE I SAID, WIT THE RIGHT DIRECTION, THIS PLACE WOULDA BEEN WHAT THE-COLI IS NOW, AND THERES NO DENYIN THAT.

THE OWNER OF THIS FORUM HASNT EVEN VISITED THIS PLACE IN A YEAR AND IT'S STILL GOIN BASED ON REPUTATION ALONE...WHAT DOES THAT TELL U?

I'M ON TWITTER AND I HAVE A NICE AMOUNT OF FOLLOWERS, BUT IT'S NOT REALLY ANYTHING LIKE A MESSAGE BOARD. IT'S LIKE COMPARING VIDEO GAME CONSOLES TO CARD GAMES...MORE PEOPLE HAVE MOVED ON TO VIDEO GAMES, AND LESS CATS PLAYIN CARDS NOWADAYS. AND WHILE THE INITIATIVE IN BOTH GAMES IS TO WIN, THEY SERVE DIFFERENT PURPOSES AND NO MATTER HOW BIG PS3 GETS, CARD GAMES'LL NEVER DIE.

Rick Venom

• 'G'
  • WuTz GoOd NiGgA?
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2013, 09:22:35 PM »
I FEEL WAT BOTH YOU BLACK ASS MUHFUCKAS BE SAYIN N SHIT BUT YO DIS DA REAL REAL.......

U AINT GON GET DA INTIMACY N SHIT U GET FROM A FORUM OFFA TWITTA N FACEBOK. PLUS, FACEBOK U GOTTA REVEAL YO IDENTITY N SHIT.

THERE R A LOT OF FORUM STILL IN DA GAME RUNNIN THANGS. NOT NEARLY AS MANY AS BEFO, BUT U GET DA DEAL.

EY ELANO, HOW MY ASS TASTE?
show me where did i said i live in Poland
want me to show u? ok.....

ICHI, WHAT COUNTRY U FROM?
im from Poland
LOL!

Sccit

« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2013, 09:33:04 PM »
I FEEL WAT BOTH YOU BLACK ASS MUHFUCKAS BE SAYIN N SHIT BUT YO DIS DA REAL REAL.......

U AINT GON GET DA INTIMACY N SHIT U GET FROM A FORUM OFFA TWITTA N FACEBOK. PLUS, FACEBOK U GOTTA REVEAL YO IDENTITY N SHIT.

THERE R A LOT OF FORUM STILL IN DA GAME RUNNIN THANGS. NOT NEARLY AS MANY AS BEFO, BUT U GET DA DEAL.

EY ELANO, HOW MY ASS TASTE?

RICK VENOM BACK TO TELL EM

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2013, 09:36:02 PM »
you dont drive TOO lompoc you drive THROUGH lompoc.

Rick Venom

• 'G'
  • WuTz GoOd NiGgA?
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2013, 09:38:11 PM »
you dont drive TOO lompoc you drive THROUGH lompoc.
IZ DAT RITE?
show me where did i said i live in Poland
want me to show u? ok.....

ICHI, WHAT COUNTRY U FROM?
im from Poland
LOL!

Sccit

« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2013, 12:00:33 AM »
THIS JULY ENDED UP BEIN THE WORST IN DUBCC HISTORY.... :-\

MEANWHILE, ON WESERIOUS: http://weserious.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2013, 05:30:21 AM »
 I only ever really was really interested and very active in two forums before this one.
 One was a anime forum and i have to say that it was absolutely incredible how active that forum was. I've never seen anything like it. It had a huge amount of members, i think like 30 000 or something and it was very active there was consistently 100 plus members(not guests) viewing the board at one time(times zones apply of course).
 It was active and entertaining as hell and there was alot of interaction.
 Not only was it very active but there just as many females(not all real lol) as males and a good range of age, etc.
 But even a forum like that just completely died and is now a ghost town.
 The DPG recordz forum got up to 5000 members and was an extremely entertaining and active board, now i know that there were circumstances that lead to the death of that site but any attempt to make a new one has failed dismally.

I joined a video game clan and even over there the forum has become a ghost town. It has a small amount of members but was very active.
 This brings me to what others are saying. people are using other forms of social networking. Our members would use voice op software like team speak or tungle or mumble, etc and actually TALK to each other rather than type.
 And then there is face book.
 ETC, but this is kind of different because we all know each other so its not the same as PM'ing people that you dont know at forums. The anime board that i used to post at i got to know people through PM'ing which lead to MSN so we would often talk via that as opposed to the forum.

My last example is that down here you have an extremely successful, active, thriving anime and video game convention that attracts HUGE crowds and has been for years yet the forum is a ghost town!
 So that tells me that forums are indeed dead.

Dubcnn yet another example BUT in this incident i think its because almost zero good hip hop coming out and no body collects cds anymore and so many people grew out of hip hop.
 I guess its kind of the same at anime and video game forums, the core members of the forums get older and life gets in the way and people grow out of shit, even though many dont and they are industries that will never die.

But yeah, the anime forum and the DPG one had incidence that caused death, hip hop is dead, so iam not sure if they can really be examples of forums being dead.

I still feel that forums can be a great source of information. Good for research or asking for help, finding solutions, reading reviews, etc but to me they just seem less interactive.
 theres my 203 cents.

Jack Trippa 3z company ho

« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2013, 08:03:13 AM »
I peruse a forum that as of right now today alone has had 400 new threads started and 2,290 users online and it has steadily grown year after year. I don't think the forum model is extinct.

The sole reason I ever came to dubcc was because there was great new music coming from the west an there were lots of people with great taste that put me on to stuff.

Mainstream music has fallen off so terribly that it's not really enjoyable (yes there are exceptions) and certainly aren't worth wasting 2 sentences on. That's the biggest driver in dubcc's decline IMO.

And that's not changing so this board will eventually die.

It's being held up by peeps coming here outta habit, sometimes posting relevant shit but mostly just shitting on other people. I'm ok with that.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2013, 08:13:43 AM »
I peruse a forum that as of right now today alone has had 400 new threads started and 2,290 users online and it has steadily grown year after year. I don't think the forum model is extinct.

The sole reason I ever came to dubcc was because there was great new music coming from the west an there were lots of people with great taste that put me on to stuff.

Mainstream music has fallen off so terribly that it's not really enjoyable (yes there are exceptions) and certainly aren't worth wasting 2 sentences on. That's the biggest driver in dubcc's decline IMO.

And that's not changing so this board will eventually die.

It's being held up by peeps coming here outta habit, sometimes posting relevant shit but mostly just shitting on other people. I'm ok with that.
you hit the nail on the head but mainstream hip hop is not the end all be all there's tons of great underground shit out or comin' out. 
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Jack Trippa 3z company ho

« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2013, 08:38:59 AM »
^^yeah I'm sure there prolly is, but a lot of indie rap mocks the mainstream. And the ones that don't, their lack of understanding that a flow should be in rhythm with a song, they think they're cool and nonchalant that they don't ride a beat. On top of that I get zero enjoyment out of gangsta fairy tales. It's beyond played out. If it were saved by great rapping/great production I could overlook the fairy tale aspect but that's usually not the case.

Listen to ultramagnetic mc's: ego trippin and listen to kool Keith on the 1st verse. Flows like that are fun to rap too, and take rhythm to accomplish. Rappers today are very monosyllabic.

As far as my new music purchases these days, I'm into more electronic music. There is some really dope stuff out there that I discovered thru pandora.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2013, 08:44:43 AM »
^^yeah I'm sure there prolly is, but a lot of indie rap mocks the mainstream. And the ones that don't, their lack of understanding that a flow should be in rhythm with a song, they think they're cool and nonchalant that they don't ride a beat. On top of that I get zero enjoyment out of gangsta fairy tales. It's beyond played out. If it were saved by great rapping/great production I could overlook the fairy tale aspect but that's usually not the case.

Listen to ultramagnetic mc's: ego trippin and listen to kool Keith on the 1st verse. Flows like that are fun to rap too, and take rhythm to accomplish. Rappers today are very monosyllabic.

As far as my new music purchases these days, I'm into more electronic music. There is some really dope stuff out there that I discovered thru pandora.
whch ones are offbeat ?
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2013, 09:15:15 AM »
MEANWHILE, ON WESERIOUS, WE GOT FOUR MODS/ADMINS THAT FEEL SOME SENSE OF RESPONSIBILITY TO POST SO THEY MAKE ALL THE THREADS AND MOST OF THEM GET THREE-FOUR REPLIES. OUTSIDE OF THE MODS/ADMINS THAT POST, WE GOT A COUPLE TROLLS AND ALIASES THAT BEEF AND MAKE UP THREE OF THE THREE-FOUR AFORE MENTIONED REPLIES PER THREAD. 

Yeah, y'all need to step your game up.