Author Topic: Eric Hosmer is finally taking off thanks to hometown hero George Brett  (Read 76 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
This guy was projected as one of the biggest prospects in all of baseball unanimously.  The Royals franchise was all riding on Hosmer (and also Moose). 

A couple months ago Hosmer was hitting around .240   He had hit about .240 the previous year as well.  And even worse, it was a .240 without power.  It was mostly all singles to the opposite field.  He was way late on most of his swings, fouling the ball off to the opposite field.  He had a very violent swing, that couldn't catch up to major league velocity.

All the city was calling for Hosmer to get sent to the minors.

Then, the hero, George Brett rode in on a white chariot and took over as batting coach.

Now, Hosmer is hitting nearly .300 and it's a .300 with power.  Just last night he hit two homeruns to single-handedly lead the Royals to victory over Baltimore.  Chen was virtually unhittable to all the Royals batters, especially lefties, but Hosmer pulled two no doubt homers off the guy.  Hosmer only hit 1 homer the first couple months of the season but he's hit nearly a dozen homers since George took over.

...anyway, we rarely have anything to be excited about in KC so this is a big deal
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
after I posted this.. Brett just retired as hitting coach to go back to his vice president position... :(
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

MistaNova

Well his babip and slugging seem to have mproved.
I question how much this had to do with Brett though. I mean fixing Hosmer if great and all but I don't see much improvement from other guys like Moustakas and Giovatella (I forgot how to spell his name). Couldn't this just be Hosmer managing to get a hold of himself?