Author Topic: What are the most essential g-funk albums I should have?  (Read 2897 times)

Aladin

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: What are the most essential g-funk albums I should have?
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2013, 10:48:10 AM »
I forgot 2 mention the new breed of hustlas.
I really spinned it like crazy.

I was like the only one who had that record way back.

bouli77

« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2013, 08:12:12 PM »
that new breed of hustlas album is incredible

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2013, 08:59:29 PM »
the jive rap artists all fucked with each other and supported eachother they had a nice lil inhouse thing going on until they switched to boy bands....so many legendary albums came out on jive music

doggfather

« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2013, 01:19:39 AM »
so many legendary albums came out on jive music

https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2013, 03:38:43 AM »
thanks for the advice!

bouli77

« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2013, 10:56:45 AM »
the jive rap artists all fucked with each other and supported eachother they had a nice lil inhouse thing going on until they switched to boy bands....so many legendary albums came out on jive music

that goes only for southwest artists though. cause Jive had legendary artists like ATCQ and they weren't networking too much. but yeah Jive is a legendary label. they were kinda shady though (ask ATCQ and UGK lol), but then again, what label wasn't shady in the 90's ?

Sccit

« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2013, 04:18:17 PM »
no one mentioned "effil4zaggin"? i credit that as bein an essential in the development of g-funk

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2013, 04:26:53 PM »
no one mentioned "effil4zaggin"? i credit that as bein an essential in the development of g-funk
only like 2 or 3 songs though.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2013, 04:32:40 PM »

not really...only a few g funk songs on there

another classic is Assassin  "Armed N Dangerouz"   it has guest appearances from Cougnut (RIP), RBL Posse, San Quinn, Venom, D-mac (RIP), X Raided, Brotha Lynch Hung, Sh'killa, Gangsta Dee, Shock G, Cisco, Levetti, Guce and Young Life

and the best intro ever  8)

« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 04:35:49 PM by Smart Wilson »

Sccit

« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2013, 04:56:17 PM »
doesn't matter, that album was the beginning..shit helped pioneer g-funk and that was when dre first developed that sound (or co-developed, depending on how u look at it)...i remember the ol school poster mellowman once argued that it was basically the album which introduced rap to g-funk. duno if i'd go that far, but it's definitely in essential.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2013, 04:59:36 PM »
doesn't matter, that album was the beginning..shit helped pioneer g-funk and that was when dre first developed that sound (or co-developed, depending on how u look at it)...i remember the ol school poster mellowman once argued that it was basically the album which introduced rap to g-funk. duno if i'd go that far, but it's definitely in essential.

nah if u ask me the first ever gfunk song was nwa's "dopeman" original version for the ohio players sample

Sccit

« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2013, 05:02:20 PM »
that could be part of it, but if u listen to"efil4zaggin", it has a lot of that signature "chronic" sound.....it's where dre really started developing that style.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2013, 05:03:28 PM »
that doesn't make it an essential g-funk album

but it certainly is an essential rap album.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2013, 05:05:25 PM »
cold 187um started g funk.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Sccit

« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2013, 05:16:15 PM »
cold 187um started g funk.

or so he claims

the creation of an entire genre cannot be credited to one person.