Author Topic: Non-Death Row Albums With DR Material On It  (Read 2138 times)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
Re: Non-Death Row Albums With DR Material On It
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2013, 03:44:17 PM »
i just threw it on my mp3 the otherday its not that bad...its still better then malice

i dont give a shit what yall say BBTP fucked shit up on a few of those songs

- snoop world
- gin and juice 2
- rowdy and bout it
- DP Gangsta

and almost every collabo that he did w c murder at no limit was quality...a whole album w just those two should have dropped.

MarshColin

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2013, 09:31:40 PM »
Still I Rises was put out by Interscope, Amaru AND Death Row, just like 2Pac's Greatest Hits was. Except for on Still I Rise neither Death Row's or Amaru's logo appeared on the back/spine of the album. There were some legal battles between Amaru and Death Row at the time and for whatever reason they came to some agreement that neither of their logos would be put on the back of the album. I don't remember the specifics, but it was definitely a Death Row album, it just didn't have their logo.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2013, 09:37:53 PM »
how the fuck did snoop get to use "pay for pussy" on his no limit cd??  death row put that out on 20 to life vol 1 a few years ago and i forgot all about that

123imagee

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2013, 02:18:50 AM »
how the fuck did snoop get to use "pay for pussy" on his no limit cd??  death row put that out on 20 to life vol 1 a few years ago and i forgot all about that

good q.

other q: WHY the fuck did use "pay for pussy" on his no limit cd?he coulda put something else .. not that interlude.big pimpin delemond for president but c´mon. there are so many songs that he coulda been used.

Desoto Loco

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • D.P.G. 4 Life! Y.A. Or Nuthin'!
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2013, 02:31:17 AM »
Various - Natural Born Killers OST
Various - Deep Cover OST
Various - Poetic Justice OST
Various - A Thin Line Between Love And Hate OST
Various - Foolish OST
Various - Supercop OST
Various - Nothing To Lose OST
Various - How To Be A Player OST

Swoop G - Undisputed
Swoop G - World Don't Take Me Personally

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2013, 04:36:18 PM »

good q.

other q: WHY the fuck did use "pay for pussy" on his no limit cd?he coulda put something else .. not that interlude.big pimpin delemond for president but c´mon. there are so many songs that he coulda been used.

it sounds like they totally replayed the track.

123imagee

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2013, 08:25:29 PM »
Are There Any More WHOLE Albums Or Couple Tracks (Not Just 1 Song)?

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2013, 10:00:29 PM »
yes suge knight executive produced the show the after party the hotel for jodeci and it was recorded at can am (deathrow studios) i think.

produced by devante an inhouse deathrow producer and timbaland and reeked of the deathrow sound. g funk synths etc

Htowns second album on luke records mostly produced by devante during the above the rim sessions where they did blowed away and part time lover.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 10:03:11 PM by Sir Petey »

donfathaimmortal

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2013, 12:45:30 AM »
yes suge knight executive produced the show the after party the hotel for jodeci and it was recorded at can am (deathrow studios) i think.

produced by devante an inhouse deathrow producer and timbaland and reeked of the deathrow sound. g funk synths etc

Htowns second album on luke records mostly produced by devante during the above the rim sessions where they did blowed away and part time lover.

Suge Knight wasn't the executive producer, it was Andre Harrel & DeVante himself. Most of the songs were recorded @ Dajhelon Studios, Rochester, New York for Uptown Records. In 1994, Suge Knight founded Suge Knight Management and got deals with Mary J. Bilge, Jodeci, and DeVante Swing. The only one album executive produced by Suge Knight, and not release with Death Row, was DJ Quik "Safe + Sound" recorded @ Skip Saylor studios.
The spot got shook, it was hell below | Is that Futureshock ?? | Hell, no, it's Death Row !

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2013, 12:51:06 AM »
they were heavily deathrow affilated around that time i remember seeing him in the liner notes or some shit.

123imagee

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2013, 02:42:56 AM »

Suge Knight wasn't the executive producer, it was Andre Harrel & DeVante himself. Most of the songs were recorded @ Dajhelon Studios, Rochester, New York for Uptown Records. In 1994, Suge Knight founded Suge Knight Management and got deals with Mary J. Bilge, Jodeci, and DeVante Swing. The only one album executive produced by Suge Knight, and not release with Death Row, was DJ Quik "Safe + Sound" recorded @ Skip Saylor studios.

word.

donfathaimmortal

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2013, 06:04:31 AM »
they were heavily deathrow affilated around that time i remember seeing him in the liner notes or some shit.

DeVante Swing was Death Row affiliated like several guys who weren't on Death Row. H-Town only appear on "Above The Rim" which was more a soundtrack with various artists from different labels. This soundtrack executive produced by Suge Knight & Louis [K] Burrell. It's not 100% Death Row compilation, that's why SWV, Sweet Table, H-Town, DJ Rogers or Al B Sure! appear on the soundtrack with a lot of tracks which were released on their own album, sometimes one year earlier. Two promo single were also released by Death Row / Interscope : 2nd II None Didn't Mean To Turn You On (also released on Profile Records) and H-Town Part Time Lover (they were signed on Luke). H-Town (previously The Gents) albums on Luke Records weren't produced by DeVante ;) B-Rezell (Tyrone Wrice & Marc Williams) got an official deal on Death Row.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 06:16:54 AM by donfathaimmortal »
The spot got shook, it was hell below | Is that Futureshock ?? | Hell, no, it's Death Row !

donfathaimmortal

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2013, 06:14:43 AM »

AND, i believe the lbc song: dippin in my lo lo was released in the late 90's on some album i can't think of at the moment mislabeled as a different title under snoop dogg to avoid any legal issues.

Actually, Dippin In My Low Low was produced by Dave Knight and Darren Vegas (aka Tha White Guy) who recorded the Keyboards. The intrumental was given to The Almighty Arrogant for the song Lay Tight back in 1996. Released on a single, Lay Tight (One For The Money) appered on Kazaam Soundtrack released in 1996.

123imagee

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2013, 10:59:37 AM »

AND, i believe the lbc song: dippin in my lo lo was released in the late 90's on some album i can't think of at the moment mislabeled as a different title under snoop dogg to avoid any legal issues.

Actually, Dippin In My Low Low was produced by Dave Knight and Darren Vegas (aka Tha White Guy) who recorded the Keyboards. The intrumental was given to The Almighty Arrogant for the song Lay Tight back in 1996. Released on a single, Lay Tight (One For The Money) appered on Kazaam Soundtrack released in 1996.

+1

Donfatha Do U Know Who Roland From Gang Related Soundtrack Was?
Bahamadia, Is She The Same Bahamadia, The Female Underground Rapper?

donfathaimmortal

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2013, 01:36:05 AM »

+1

Donfatha Do U Know Who Roland From Gang Related Soundtrack Was?
Bahamadia, Is She The Same Bahamadia, The Female Underground Rapper?

Roland was actually a recording artist who was called Juicy aka Ju-C. Well, he got an artist deal with Gamedog Records but recorded a song for Death Row Records, Freak Somethin.
"Down with these Death Row niggaz, check yo figures" - Juicy aka Roland (Freak Somethin).

Bahamadia was a female rapper from East Coast, no ? It seems her vocals appeared on Change Gonna Come. She was a solo artist who already released an album back in 1997.