Poll

Who Has Better Music?

East Coast
6 (27.3%)
West Coast
16 (72.7%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: East Coast vs. West Coast  (Read 2258 times)

Hack Wilson - real

Re: East Coast vs. West Coast
« Reply #120 on: September 03, 2013, 08:11:49 PM »
Underground Hip Hop sure..

But, if we're talking Hip Hop as a whole and not sub genres, Canibus isn't known well outside of the East.

are you kidding me?  did you see all the buzz about Canibus vs Diazster?  you had Jay Z, Rakim and tons of legends chiming in on that shit lol   the amount of attention that got on all hip hop site was CRAZY and considering Canibus was a decade washed up that says something.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #121 on: September 04, 2013, 12:24:55 AM »
if i got to choose a coast i got to choose the east i live out there so don't go there.....

Cliff is frm the atl though
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

whoisthis

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #122 on: September 04, 2013, 07:10:16 AM »
Underground Hip Hop sure..

But, if we're talking Hip Hop as a whole and not sub genres, Canibus isn't known well outside of the East.

are you kidding me?  did you see all the buzz about Canibus vs Diazster?  you had Jay Z, Rakim and tons of legends chiming in on that shit lol   the amount of attention that got on all hip hop site was CRAZY and considering Canibus was a decade washed up that says something.

Canibus is well known in the industry, sure. But, that's industry. Normal everyday fans do not Canibus outside of the East Coast. They may have heard about him after he took out his notepad, but I think that hurts the case of him being a legend more than it helps.
Some Of What's On Rotation:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bqx3qc9oMmw" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Bqx3qc9oMmw</a><a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Iq8KghDEJNg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Iq8KghDEJNg</a><a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/IKsU2FG5tQA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/IKsU2FG5tQA</a><a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/MwjVHzBvurU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/MwjVHzBvurU</a><a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/hcI56Q00yp8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/hcI56Q00yp8</a>

Sccit

« Reply #123 on: September 04, 2013, 09:32:37 AM »
socal>bay>midwest>east=south

is this all time??  or just right now?

because the east shits on the south historically...and still now

well, i used to put east before south, but i seem to prefer to southern sound over the east coast sound regardless....the east just has more legends.

wu tang, nasty nas, big L, big pun, biggie, kool g rap, rakim, big daddy kane, boot camp, chino xl, canibus , ditc, the lox etc.

in terms of depth the south can't touch that

very true...like i said, the east has more legends. but as far as just sound goes, i prefer the southern sound nowadays over the east...meaning i rather bump some ugk or outkast over big l and big daddy kane.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #124 on: September 04, 2013, 03:04:18 PM »
if i got to choose a coast i got to choose the east i live out there so don't go there.....

so
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #125 on: September 04, 2013, 04:28:45 PM »
Why is everyone talking like what happened 10-15 years ago is still going on today. Reality, West has better lyrics RIGHT NOW!

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #126 on: September 04, 2013, 04:30:57 PM »
Reality, West has better lyrics RIGHT NOW!
I disagree.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #127 on: September 04, 2013, 09:23:12 PM »

so

so, he's your man crush.

you'd scour the earth for a driplet of his nut that dripped outta Tiny's meth-muling hole, i mean, vagina. 

that makes me surprised that you didnt automatically and emphatically type something like "Yo if TI was from the East or West then they'd be the best, but I gotta go wit my man Cliff's coast, the South Coast !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #128 on: September 05, 2013, 06:45:10 AM »

so

so, he's your man crush.

you'd scour the earth for a driplet of his nut that dripped outta Tiny's meth-muling hole, i mean, vagina. 

that makes me surprised that you didnt automatically and emphatically type something like "Yo if TI was from the East or West then they'd be the best, but I gotta go wit my man Cliff's coast, the South Coast !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".
don't be mad at me cause your father is also your uncle.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #129 on: September 05, 2013, 07:47:44 AM »

so

so, he's your man crush.

great comeback Venereal.  I can tell you thought about that one.  Now, off to your minimum wage hell to get yelled at by a white guy for 8 hrs (these are facts).

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #130 on: September 05, 2013, 07:56:13 AM »

so

so, he's your man crush.

great comeback Venereal.  I can tell you thought about that one.  Now, off to your minimum wage hell to get yelled at by a white guy for 8 hrs (these are facts).
no minimum wage here son and no uptight bosses neither it's a beautiful atmosphere actually. i'm sorry I don't have to kiss ass at work like you do.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #131 on: September 05, 2013, 02:43:40 PM »
I disagree.

Southern rap? Because it ain't New York.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #132 on: September 05, 2013, 02:56:25 PM »
I disagree.

Southern rap? Because it ain't New York.
there's a lot of bullshit comin' outta the east just like the south and the west but lyrically we still got some heavy spitters that's undeniable.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #133 on: September 05, 2013, 11:21:16 PM »

so

so, he's your man crush.

no minimum wage here son and no uptight bosses neither it's a beautiful atmosphere actually. i'm sorry I don't have to kiss ass at work like you do.

I dont think so.  So ur some baller huh.  Id bet a lot of money I make more a yr than u do.  Whatchu know bout dat? (Thats how ur supposed to say it right)

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #134 on: September 05, 2013, 11:22:37 PM »
And id bet ur boss is white.  Pucker up for massa.