Poll

Who Has Better Music?

East Coast
6 (27.3%)
West Coast
16 (72.7%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: East Coast vs. West Coast  (Read 2256 times)

Hack Wilson - real

Re: East Coast vs. West Coast
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2013, 06:09:10 PM »
Difference between NY and LA is in the number of cats who rap. Since the culture originated in NY, you will have a million cats in NY trying to rap. The bank teller raps. The fucking liquor store owner raps. The fucking carnicero raps. Of course many of them on a high level. LA on the other hand has less dudes as a whole. But in terms of QUALITY, we can compete with anyone from a lyrical standpoint. Ny might have 2 million dudes trying to rap compared to LA's 500k but we have quality that can kill anyone from any fucking region...point blank.

Crooked, Kurupt, Ras Kass, Xzibit etc. can spit with anyone

but the veterans on the west (Dre, Snoop, Cube etc) would get slaughtered by east coast contemporaries (Kool G Rap, Rakim, Nas etc)

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2013, 06:10:02 PM »
Difference between NY and LA is in the number of cats who rap. Since the culture originated in NY, you will have a million cats in NY trying to rap. The bank teller raps. The fucking liquor store owner raps. The fucking carnicero raps. Of course many of them on a high level. LA on the other hand has less dudes as a whole. But in terms of QUALITY, we can compete with anyone from a lyrical standpoint. Ny might have 2 million dudes trying to rap compared to LA's 500k but we have quality that can kill anyone from any fucking region...point blank.
shit ain't no different on the west coast many wannabe rappers there too.

There's wanna be rappers everywhere. Just stating that NY has that culture in which you're going to see greater numbers of people rapping. Whether they are good or not. Just like LA has this "gang" culture that you don't see anywhere else.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2013, 06:11:05 PM »

but the veterans on the west (Dre, Snoop, Cube etc) would get slaughtered by east coast contemporaries (Kool G Rap, Rakim, Nas etc)
exclude crooked I he is garbage.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2013, 06:12:35 PM »

Sure but a lot of "old school" NY cats will get shitted on also. Not everyone in NY is a beast. Same goes for every region. You named a few who can spit from the WEST but there's waaaay more cats. Gift of Gab, Blu, Locksmith, etc etc etc. There's a grip that can shit on a anyone.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2013, 06:12:36 PM »

don't you have some anti-drug rallies to be attending?  or because TI does them it's okay now?

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2013, 06:14:38 PM »

WTF did you just say lol?? I'm just going to assume, you don't like Crooked ha.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2013, 06:15:10 PM »

don't you have some anti-drug rallies to be attending?  or because TI does them it's okay now?
go get a haircut.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2013, 06:16:38 PM »

go get a haircut.

So someone asks you a legit question that you are too afraid to answer and all you can come up with is a haircut joke? 

Silly Clifford

Sccit

« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2013, 10:12:16 AM »

cube shouldn't be grouped with snoop and dre...he was pretty damn lyrical in his day

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2013, 10:18:20 AM »
Right now, in 2013, the West. The west has better rappers, even lyrically than the east. The East sounds too much like the south, the west sounds too much like the mid-west. Every Cali producer is trying to be Kanye, every NY producer is trying to be Lil' Jon. Rappers in LA are trying to rap like Jay-Z and rappers in NY are trying to rap like Lil' Wayne. So right now, I'd take LA.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2013, 10:30:21 AM »

WTF did you just say lol?? I'm just going to assume, you don't like Crooked ha.
nothin' to do wit liking him his music just don't appeal to me.

bouli77

« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2013, 11:51:22 AM »
Every Cali producer is trying to be Kanye

not really lol, the hottest beatmakers in the west right now are DJ Mustard, League of Starz, 1500 or Nothin', Scoop Deville, DJ Khalil, DJ Fresh, Droop-E, etc. none of them remotely sound like Kanye. Peeps like DJ Mustard & League of Starz make Bay Area inspired "function music" which is closer to Lil Jon than to Kanye. 1500 or Nothin' are mentored by Battlecat, DJ Khalil & Scoop Deville work with Dre. DJ Fresh makes modern mobb music.

Sccit

« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2013, 12:11:10 PM »
lol seriously...in fact, i'd go as far as sayin i havent heard ANY cali producers tryna sound like kanye

J. B A N A N A S

« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2013, 12:17:53 PM »
Every Cali producer is trying to be Kanye, every NY producer is trying to be Lil' Jon.

Do you even listen to hip hop?

Sccit

« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2013, 12:21:23 PM »
mdogg says the most random shit with pure conviction....it's quite hilarious.