Poll

Who Has Better Music?

East Coast
6 (27.3%)
West Coast
16 (72.7%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: East Coast vs. West Coast  (Read 2257 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: East Coast vs. West Coast
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2013, 12:22:15 PM »
Scoop DeVille put out Poetic Justice and a few other soulful tracks, Alchemist a westcoast cat, got a soulful sound especially when he did Hey You, even DJ Quik had a hand in the track Those Girlz. I mean seriously, LA producers be trying to either come with a southern track, or a soulful mid-west track. And don't act like producers in LA don't all have AT LEAST one soulful Kanye sound a like track.

DJ Mustard put out Rack City, 'nuff said about him until I hear some good music out of him, and I mean classic tracks. Serious, you put a Dub Step dude in your list? As for Droop-E, most of the post I was referencing LA. Read it again.

bouli77

« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2013, 12:41:03 PM »
Scoop DeVille put out Poetic Justice and a few other soulful tracks, Alchemist a westcoast cat, got a soulful sound especially when he did Hey You, even DJ Quik had a hand in the track Those Girlz. I mean seriously, LA producers be trying to either come with a southern track, or a soulful mid-west track. And don't act like producers in LA don't all have AT LEAST one soulful Kanye sound a like track.

DJ Mustard put out Rack City, 'nuff said about him until I hear some good music out of him, and I mean classic tracks. Serious, you put a Dub Step dude in your list? As for Droop-E, most of the post I was referencing LA. Read it again.

lol Poetic Justice is a classic Janet sampled originally produced by Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis which had been sampled by J. Diggs 3 years before. Soulful =/= Kanye. By the way That's one song off the album. Alchemist has more of a NY sound than a Midwest sound, hence him fucking heavily with the likes of Prodigy. Hey You dates back from 2002 before Kanye's style became over popular (don't get me wrong he was already making a dent). Kanye being from the midwest doesn't mean Kanye has a typically regional midwest sound btw, he doesn't really. He has his own sound that changed the game around 04. A lot of producers have tried to emulate Kanye's songs, that doesn't mean that West Coast producers sound too much like the midwest, they simply don't. If anything, some are biting the South but League of Starz & DJ Mustard are the go to producers in the West so far and they've produced bangers for West and South artists (E-40, Problem, Bad Lucc, Jeezy, Tyga, 2 Chainz).

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2013, 12:49:05 PM »
But since Kanye, most every mid-west producer used that style. Now you can really trace the soulful sound back to the East in the early 90's. But J Dilla really made it popular in the Mid-West and Kanye just took it to a whole new level. But it's a style many in the west are using now.

bouli77

« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2013, 03:45:53 PM »

Rack City is a dope ass beat, the song is catchy as fuck. from a rapping standpoint it sucks (doesn't even have rapping on it), but that's not the point of the song and we're judging producers not rappers. get your elitist ass outta here. from a sonic standpoint that's a banging ass beat and that's all there is to it. That's not dubstep lmfao, that's clearly inspired by E-40, Tyga said it on MTV when 40 was interviewed by Sway for his Block Brochures albums. DJ Mustard is the hottest producer out west right now. The thread is East VS West, not NY VS LA, so Droop-E deserves a mention, and you said, I quote "the west sounds too much like the mid-west. Every Cali producer is trying to be Kanye", so maybe you read it again. and that's inacurrate and exaggerated. Not many in the West are really going for the soulful sound though, I disagree, some have tried it at the time it blew up, like Sean-T when he produced Smile and Wassup for San Quinn & Messy Marv, but that was 7 years ago. right now i'd say peeps either go for Function Music (Mustard, Diamond Lane music), Modern Mobb Music (Livewire, Philthy Rich and stuff), or more for a throwback melodic sound ala Maybach (Messy Marv and his Kokaine Ballads from my 550). and you have Dom Kennedy, Casey Veggies, Odd Future, etc. with solid production throughout.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2013, 04:17:24 PM »
Difference between NY and LA is in the number of cats who rap. Since the culture originated in NY, you will have a million cats in NY trying to rap. The bank teller raps. The fucking liquor store owner raps. The fucking carnicero raps. Of course many of them on a high level. LA on the other hand has less dudes as a whole. But in terms of QUALITY, we can compete with anyone from a lyrical standpoint. Ny might have 2 million dudes trying to rap compared to LA's 500k but we have quality that can kill anyone from any fucking region...point blank.

Crooked, Kurupt, Ras Kass, Xzibit etc. can spit with anyone

but the veterans on the west (Dre, Snoop, Cube etc) would get slaughtered by east coast contemporaries (Kool G Rap, Rakim, Nas etc)
exclude crooked I he is garbage.

WTF did you just say lol?? I'm just going to assume, you don't like Crooked ha.
nothin' to do wit liking him his music just don't appeal to me.
That's cool. I was just trippin because you said he was garbage. That's 100% false ha. You may not like the guy but his skill are undeniable.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2013, 04:21:29 PM »
Difference between NY and LA is in the number of cats who rap. Since the culture originated in NY, you will have a million cats in NY trying to rap. The bank teller raps. The fucking liquor store owner raps. The fucking carnicero raps. Of course many of them on a high level. LA on the other hand has less dudes as a whole. But in terms of QUALITY, we can compete with anyone from a lyrical standpoint. Ny might have 2 million dudes trying to rap compared to LA's 500k but we have quality that can kill anyone from any fucking region...point blank.

but the veterans on the west (Dre, Snoop, Cube etc) would get slaughtered by east coast contemporaries (Kool G Rap, Rakim, Nas etc)

That's cool. I was just trippin because you said he was garbage. That's 100% false ha. You may not like the guy but his skill are undeniable.

he's a closet Crooked fan

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2013, 06:25:59 PM »

that's debatable but if you like it that's cool.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2013, 06:27:41 PM »

he's a closet Crooked fan
i'd rather listen to soul 4 real for a lifetime.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2013, 07:22:19 PM »
then it's funny how every time a Crooked I thread has popped up the past 3-4 years you've gone into them.  way before it was fun to troll you on tip you've been going into every Crooked thread with the same tired responses  :laugh:

every crooked i hater is a disgruntled fan in disguise...effex and i have proven this to be fact.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2013, 07:36:35 PM »
then it's funny how every time a Crooked I thread has popped up the past 3-4 years you've gone into them.  way before it was fun to troll you on tip you've been going into every Crooked thread with the same tired responses  :laugh:

every crooked i hater is a disgruntled fan in disguise...effex and i have proven this to be fact.
the nigga is wack bottom line and y'all are in denial you probably ain't even listenin' to that frisbee he just dropped. he know y'all wiggers are the type to listen to anything so he didn't even put no effort into that shit.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2013, 07:38:27 PM »

the nigga is wack bottom line and y'all are in denial you probably ain't even listenin' to that frisbee he just dropped. he know y'all wiggers are the type to listen to anything so he didn't even put no effort into that shit.

oh, so Crooked I has no black fans?  or are you saying black people and white people are not equal? 

Tell me more of your racist, misguided thoughts.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2013, 07:41:29 PM »

oh, so Crooked I has no black fans?  or are you saying black people and white people are not equal? 

by the way cliff, what about the opinions of rap fans who are mexican, asian or middle eastern?  what if someone is mixed, does that factor into your equation too?

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2013, 07:44:15 PM »

most of his fans are on this forum and his black fans are in a group wit him.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2013, 07:46:21 PM »

so he has over 100,000 twitter followers yet they all post on dubcc?  funny since dubcc has about 10 regular posters.

and you didn't answer my question about why being white or black makes someone's opinion on hip hop any better/worse...

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2013, 07:48:13 PM »

so he has over 100,000 twitter followers yet they all post on dubcc?  funny since dubcc has about 10 regular posters.

and you didn't answer my question about why being white or black makes someone's opinion on hip hop any better/worse...
LMFAO and guess what snoop has 10 million followers on twitter what the fuck does that mean ? all them muthafuckas ain't goin' to cop his record.