7 (7.6%)
Soopafly
2 (2.2%)
DJ Pooh
7 (7.6%)
Johnny J
5 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Author Topic: Second best producer in west coast history? (behind Dre of course)  (Read 9304 times)

Sccit

Re: Second best producer in west coast history? (behind Dre of course)
« Reply #90 on: August 15, 2013, 07:22:54 AM »

quik goes with the first group, homie....take it from an LA head. ask any of those 9 artists u listed whether dj quik is a first rate legend, and all will jump up enthusiastically to say yes...guaranteed.

Come on homie.. that line of argument has to fall under the category of some kind of logical fallacy....   

Most rappers make for horrible music critics.  They will say damn near anything is dope, and that everyone they like.  Pac was like the only rapper that kept shit real in interviews when questioned about other rappers music. 

They will always give a favorable rating on anybody.  Ask them if Jay-Z or Lil Wayne is a legend and they will probably say yes. 

pac will tell u quik was a legend...u just dont know. trust me.

Sccit

« Reply #91 on: August 15, 2013, 07:28:22 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/CTaiyYy08Go" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/CTaiyYy08Go</a>

B.A.

« Reply #92 on: August 15, 2013, 06:22:41 PM »
Bosko is dope as hell too imo, I don't think anyone has mentioned him yet. To me he's like a bay area Battlecat, he's got that type of funk in his beats. I especially like what he did for E-40 during the "Element Of Surprise", "Charlie Hustle" and "Loyalty & Betrayal" days. Prodeje from South Central Cartel is another one, dude gets slept on hard for his productions; "N Gatz We Truss", "All Day Everyday", "Kickin' Game" are all classic albums imo. Madness 4 Real is another dude that was dope back in the day, the stuff he did for WC (check Dub's "Curb Servin'" album) and Ruthless was sick (Eazy-E's "Luv 4 Dem Gangsta'z" is one of my favorite Madness 4 Real tracks). For me the list goes like this, there's so many I can keep going though; they're all tight it's hard to put them in order specially the top 5, it depends on my mood. Quik is definitely #1 tho'.

1. DJ Quik
2. Battlecat
3. DJ Pooh / Fredwreck (like 'em both equally)
4. Daz & Soopafly (they've done so much together that I can't put one before the other)
5. Dr. Dre
6. Cold 187 / Warren G (like 'em both equally)
7. DJ Muggs
8. Shock G
9. Prodeje
10. Bosko / Madness 4 Real (like 'em both equally, I would have put them higher but I just wish they would have done more)

I almost forgot about Muggs and Shock G, I had to edit my top ten and put them on.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 08:36:39 PM by B.A. »
"Lyrics aint nothin' if the beat aint crackin' and knees be smackin', that's why the G's keep stackin'" - DJ Quik

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #93 on: August 15, 2013, 07:17:46 PM »
boskos pretty cool i remember hearing a song he did in the 90s acalled bombay that was my jam but i never heard much besides that and the stuff he did for other ppl

Sccit

« Reply #94 on: August 16, 2013, 09:32:28 AM »
G Dubbs got a pretty respectibe discography for a producer/rapper. Even his lesser or inconstant albums (like I Want It All) are a good listen when you're in the mood for that smooth sound. He's 'fallen off' but its only that studio money he's lacking. And you could make a classic album out of his best tracks 8)

Regulate..
Take a Look

I Want I All
Return..
Mid Nite Hour

G-Files

There u go, understating classics again .. Regulate is a 7 and Kendrick's album is a 7.5?? lmfao

Sccit

« Reply #95 on: August 16, 2013, 09:34:02 AM »
Fingazz, Meech, Jellyroll, Fredwreck, Blaqtoven, Rick Rock, Mel Man

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #96 on: August 16, 2013, 09:57:42 AM »
G Dubbs got a pretty respectibe discography for a producer/rapper. Even his lesser or inconstant albums (like I Want It All) are a good listen when you're in the mood for that smooth sound. He's 'fallen off' but its only that studio money he's lacking. And you could make a classic album out of his best tracks 8)

Regulate..
Take a Look

I Want I All
Return..
Mid Nite Hour

G-Files

Did you give Regulate a 7? WTF, in terms of production, every single track was damn near perfection! Rapping wise, well I'd say it dropped it to about 8.5-9. But it's still damn near a classic based on being one of the best produced albums in Hip-Hop.

Sccit

« Reply #97 on: August 16, 2013, 11:00:21 AM »

Regulate..
Take a Look

I Want I All
Return..
Mid Nite Hour

G-Files

Did you give Regulate a 7? WTF, in terms of production, every single track was damn near perfection! Rapping wise, well I'd say it dropped it to about 8.5-9. But it's still damn near a classic based on being one of the best produced albums in Hip-Hop.

his rating pass has officially been revoked.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #98 on: August 16, 2013, 11:08:48 AM »

Regulate..
Take a Look

I Want I All
Return..
Mid Nite Hour

G-Files

his rating pass has officially been revoked.

Imagine if Snoop would have graced Regulate with a couple of verses. That would have been a 5 star classic! Am I wrong...

but yeah, Do Buy Albums can't rate at least 90's westcoast Hip-Hop.

Sccit

« Reply #99 on: August 16, 2013, 11:13:03 AM »
regulate is perfect the way it is...it's a classic album, and any1 who rates it a 7 has no credibility when it comes to west coast rap

Will_B

« Reply #100 on: August 16, 2013, 11:38:17 AM »
regulate is perfect the way it is...it's a classic album, and any1 who rates it a 7 has no credibility when it comes to west coast rap

LOOOOL call it a 9.5/10 if you want Nik 8)

Warrens 'cat sat on the mat' rappin kills it for me.

The album as a whole is 7/10 = very good dope but no more. Which also ties it with Reasonable Doubt. ;)

Sccit

« Reply #101 on: August 16, 2013, 12:02:50 PM »
u give "good kid maad city" a 7.5 and "regulate" a 7

stop

Will_B

« Reply #102 on: August 16, 2013, 12:47:50 PM »

stop

Yeah Regulate the album, not the song

Start

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #103 on: August 16, 2013, 12:49:05 PM »

In order to go full 10, I always ask myself could it be better, in which I'd say Regulate could have used a feature from Snoop or at least DPG. Maybe it's because at the time, Warren and Snoop were seen as best friends that everyone thought Snoop would be on the album. But aside from that, it's damn near flawless on the production side, I just have a hard time calling it perfect. But it's a classic, and part of what makes a classic album classic are little flaws. Like Warren spelling next... n...x...e...t... LMAO. It's like Baby Be Mine on the Thriller album. If you listen closely, you can hear when they changed the pitch of the song mid song... LOL... but that's what makes it classic. Little flaws like that add something to it. Still I have a hard time giving Regulate anything over a 9, but I actually think 8.5 is too low.

Besides, it's stood the test of time for almost 20 years. If that don't make it a classic, then I don't know.

Sccit

« Reply #104 on: August 16, 2013, 01:02:43 PM »
FINISH HIM!

stop

Yeah Regulate the album, not the song

Start

*FINISHED*