7 (7.6%)
Soopafly
2 (2.2%)
DJ Pooh
7 (7.6%)
Johnny J
5 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Author Topic: Second best producer in west coast history? (behind Dre of course)  (Read 9428 times)

Will_B

Re: Second best producer in west coast history? (behind Dre of course)
« Reply #150 on: August 21, 2013, 01:07:50 PM »

i fuck with all type of music including classical music. i was listening to beethoven before i was listening to the g-child but that's not the point. that's just common sense. that's like comparing a political cartoonist to Auguste Rodin. Warren G isn't a real musician to begin with, dude barely plays the keyboard and fucks with the drum machine, he's an accomplished producer and is good at what he does but he's nowhere near the level of a full-fledged musician and composer like Beethoven. keep trolling though

lol@you bumping Beethoven.  Do you think by saying that it gives you some facade of sophistication.   Because it doesn't.   And.. I would bet my life on the fact that you have bumped Warren G's art 99% more than you have ever listened to Beethoven, yet you say Beethoven is greater beyond comparison because you are a sheep (follower) like most people in this world.

Dude there is no hope for you if you really think Warren G is the pinnacle of the Arts over the last 200+ years

Heinz

« Reply #151 on: August 21, 2013, 01:19:30 PM »

i fuck with all type of music including classical music. i was listening to beethoven before i was listening to the g-child but that's not the point. that's just common sense. that's like comparing a political cartoonist to Auguste Rodin. Warren G isn't a real musician to begin with, dude barely plays the keyboard and fucks with the drum machine, he's an accomplished producer and is good at what he does but he's nowhere near the level of a full-fledged musician and composer like Beethoven. keep trolling though

lol@you bumping Beethoven.  Do you think by saying that it gives you some facade of sophistication.   Because it doesn't.   And.. I would bet my life on the fact that you have bumped Warren G's art 99% more than you have ever listened to Beethoven, yet you say Beethoven is greater beyond comparison because you are a sheep (follower) like most people in this world.

Mr. Bouli Roquefort made some really good points in his post and I am not sure why you feel the need to place personal judgment on him for it.
Understanding and appreciating Beethoven over Warren G actually does give one a level of sophistication.
You shouldn't bet your life away unless you are prepared to lose it.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #152 on: August 21, 2013, 01:28:51 PM »
It needed 12 tracks like "Regulate"... Too many throwaways like "this dj" and "do you see"

LMAO... because those weren't all over the radio either. Not a single throw away in terms of production.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #153 on: August 21, 2013, 01:36:15 PM »

Dude there is no hope for you if you really think Warren G is the pinnacle of the Arts over the last 200+ years

There is no hope for you if you die before you really realize who you are and learn to think for yourself.  All you guys biggin up Beethoven have probably never physically placed a Beethoven cd in your cd player and pressed play.  Your just saying it because you are trained puppy doggs and have heard other people say it, who you deem more worthy than yourself because you don't trust what exists within your own brain.

And I never said Warren G is the pinnacle of Arts over the last 200 + years... that spot is reserved for 2pac!
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Will_B

« Reply #154 on: August 21, 2013, 01:44:48 PM »

There is no hope for you if you die before you really realize who you are and learn to think for yourself.  All you guys biggin up Beethoven have probably never physically placed a Beethoven cd in your cd player and pressed play.  Your just saying it because you are trained puppy doggs and have heard other people say it, who you deem more worthy than yourself because you don't trust what exists within your own brain.

And I never said Warren G is the pinnacle of Arts over the last 200 + years... that spot is reserved for 2pac!

Hell yeah!!

Leonardo da Vinci was like the shittiest painter too! He got nothing on Joe Cool

Heinz

« Reply #155 on: August 21, 2013, 01:55:08 PM »

Hell yeah!!

Leonardo da Vinci was like the shittiest painter too! He got nothing on Joe Cool

Real shit.
Real niggas ain't sophisticated thats for suckers.
Thug life baby!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #156 on: August 21, 2013, 01:59:24 PM »

Real shit.
Thug life baby!!!

Hienz, your still the homie, don't doubt that, this is just simply a disagreement amongst friends...

...but honestly, I expect better from you.  Seems like you still imagine that even though you are in doubt about the world, that somewhere, out there, there is a right and correct way of doing and judging things.  That somewhere, out there, there is a world that makes sense and that you will eventually reach it.  

I wish you would realize there is no such thing existing outside yourself which you must aspire to.  Look within...
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 02:01:21 PM by Infinite African Westcoastin 2012 and 13' »

Heinz

« Reply #157 on: August 21, 2013, 02:15:41 PM »

Real shit.
Thug life baby!!!

Hienz, your still the homie, don't doubt that, this is just simply a disagreement amongst friends...

...but honestly, I expect better from you.  Seems like you still imagine that even though you are in doubt about the world, that somewhere, out there, there is a right and correct way of doing and judging things.  That somewhere, out there, there is a world that makes sense and that you will eventually reach it.  

I only wish you would realize there is no such thing existing outside yourself which you must aspire to.  

You expect better than what from me?
Being myself isn't good enough for you?
Take your own advice you might need it more than me.
Thanks for the concern.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #158 on: August 21, 2013, 04:27:14 PM »

You expect better than what from me?
Being myself isn't good enough for you?
Take your own advice you might need it more than me.
Thanks for the concern.

Alright then homie.. Keep bumpin that Beethoven shit!!  And even if you don't bump it keep professing his greatness anyway!! 

(pssst: The Emperor Has No Clothes)

Sccit

« Reply #159 on: August 21, 2013, 04:33:51 PM »
warren g shit slaps way harder than beethoven!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #160 on: August 21, 2013, 05:09:58 PM »
warren g shit slaps way harder than beethoven!

Word.. nicca Beethe-Oven always wanna fuck wit dat soft shit... nicca ain't got no heart or street cred for that matter

bouli77

« Reply #161 on: August 21, 2013, 05:28:14 PM »

nothing really mindblowing about listening to classical music lol. I played the piano when I was a child and I own classical records, nothing extraordinary really. I couldn't care less about sounding sophisticated, I do listen to every type of music as long as I like it and that goes both ways(I fuck with cartoon and anime themes, S Club 7, Spice Girls and shit too, for nostalgia purpose mostly), I'm really not an elitist. if you think listening to classical music makes you sophisticated I feel bad for you lol. I'm not a sheep, and I think my posts on this forum clearly prove it (I said some Spice Girls songs sounded G-FUnk in some thread, very sheepish). I'm just level headed and have a little bit of common sense. Warren G's music is dope, but objectively it doesn't have shit on Beethoven. That doesn't mean we can't enjoy Warren's music more though.

Asani Waye

« Reply #162 on: August 21, 2013, 08:06:52 PM »
Alchemist, Madlib, DJ Khalil, Evidence, Flying Lotus, Tyler The Creator

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #163 on: August 23, 2013, 10:10:39 AM »
id put pharcydes first album before regulate

I rate them the same actually.

I loved that track they did on Heavy Rhyme Experience since it came out ahead of the album, but they ain't got enough in em to fill a CD. Most of its just goofball stuff, just kidz in a studio. Production is gorgeous tho.

The albums both follow the format of all the main work put into the singles (a mainstream thing). Not knocking Warren for that btw Nik

i dont know man to hear it withen the context it was created (and im not saying you guys didnt) i had this shit in 92 before anyone really even knew they were westcoast passing me by was a HUGE FUCKING RECORD and when i listented to that album as a kid it didnt come off so much as kids in a studio it reminded me of early works of the greats of jazz. alot of the songs had interludes and piano outros etc. e swift was on the best drugs his budget could afford...that album was so dope talking about it is giving me maaaaad chiiiiills son.

maaaad chiiiiills ? ROFL
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

jeanmiche777

« Reply #164 on: August 23, 2013, 12:04:56 PM »
Can't really put them in order.

Alchemist and Madlib are legends, putting out tons and tons and tons of good quality music, sometimes their work sound a little bit rushed.

DJ Quik productions are unmatched in hip hop, but he often goes off track with his experimental stuff and the features on his albums are too often regular rappers with nothing to offer.

Dr Dre can create a whole landscape of sound that is cohesive and innovative at the same time. He is capable of bringing the best of the artists he works with. But he is a perfectionist and paranoid about his legacy as an artist.

I could go on and on and on, but I think every good producer got something that the other doesn't have, which one you consider the best is only based on your taste and how you grew up basically. How much the work of these guys influenced you on a personal level.

Quick answer? For me, DJ Quik  8)