7 (7.6%)
Soopafly
2 (2.2%)
DJ Pooh
7 (7.6%)
Johnny J
5 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Author Topic: Second best producer in west coast history? (behind Dre of course)  (Read 9320 times)

OGdoc

Re: Second best producer in west coast history? (behind Dre of course)
« Reply #165 on: August 23, 2013, 12:19:21 PM »
Ya should add Roger Troutman (of Zapp), The Unknown DJ, DJ Mike T & Slip (of CMW).
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 12:21:22 PM by OGdoc »

jeanmiche777

« Reply #166 on: August 23, 2013, 12:57:05 PM »

Real shit.
Real niggas ain't sophisticated thats for suckers.
Thug life baby!!!

Hienz, your still the homie, don't doubt that, this is just simply a disagreement amongst friends...

...but honestly, I expect better from you.  Seems like you still imagine that even though you are in doubt about the world, that somewhere, out there, there is a right and correct way of doing and judging things.  That somewhere, out there, there is a world that makes sense and that you will eventually reach it.  

I wish you would realize there is no such thing existing outside yourself which you must aspire to.  Look within...

I mostly agree with your post Infinite, as i think a little bit like that. But it doesn't make sense that if you think like that, you basically judge other posters  on the forum calling them sohisticated if they say they listen to Beethoven. In truth he is not a better or worse artist to listen to, and you know it, yet you claim he is doing it for some facade. Maybe he is simply enjoying beethoven and you jsut don't, and that's it. Why argue?

bouli77

« Reply #167 on: August 23, 2013, 05:37:35 PM »
Ya should add Roger Troutman (of Zapp), The Unknown DJ, DJ Mike T & Slip (of CMW).

Roger Troutman is from Dayton, Ohio and hasn't produced much for westcoast artists (he did produce songs here and there like The Click's Scandalous)

Heinz

« Reply #168 on: August 24, 2013, 01:14:46 AM »

Roger Troutman is from Dayton, Ohio and hasn't produced much for westcoast artists (he did produce songs here and there like The Click's Scandalous)

Roger was family, my mothers third cousin to be exact. Rest in peace to him and my mother.
He was from Hamilton not Dayton but moved here later.

Koma

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #169 on: August 24, 2013, 01:49:09 AM »
did someone just call this dj a throwaway??? W

T                                   ACTUAL                           FUCK

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #170 on: August 24, 2013, 09:36:07 PM »
id put pharcydes first album before regulate

I rate them the same actually.

I loved that track they did on Heavy Rhyme Experience since it came out ahead of the album, but they ain't got enough in em to fill a CD. Most of its just goofball stuff, just kidz in a studio. Production is gorgeous tho.

The albums both follow the format of all the main work put into the singles (a mainstream thing). Not knocking Warren for that btw Nik

i dont know man to hear it withen the context it was created (and im not saying you guys didnt) i had this shit in 92 before anyone really even knew they were westcoast passing me by was a HUGE FUCKING RECORD and when i listented to that album as a kid it didnt come off so much as kids in a studio it reminded me of early works of the greats of jazz. alot of the songs had interludes and piano outros etc. e swift was on the best drugs his budget could afford...that album was so dope talking about it is giving me maaaaad chiiiiills son.

maaaad chiiiiills ? ROFL

inside joke son, just dont talk.

you always make your self look like an ass in situations like these...

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #171 on: August 25, 2013, 10:21:24 AM »
id put pharcydes first album before regulate

I rate them the same actually.

I loved that track they did on Heavy Rhyme Experience since it came out ahead of the album, but they ain't got enough in em to fill a CD. Most of its just goofball stuff, just kidz in a studio. Production is gorgeous tho.

The albums both follow the format of all the main work put into the singles (a mainstream thing). Not knocking Warren for that btw Nik

i dont know man to hear it withen the context it was created (and im not saying you guys didnt) i had this shit in 92 before anyone really even knew they were westcoast passing me by was a HUGE FUCKING RECORD and when i listented to that album as a kid it didnt come off so much as kids in a studio it reminded me of early works of the greats of jazz. alot of the songs had interludes and piano outros etc. e swift was on the best drugs his budget could afford...that album was so dope talking about it is giving me maaaaad chiiiiills son.

maaaad chiiiiills ? ROFL

inside joke son, just dont talk.

you always make your self look like an ass in situations like these...
go play in traffic clown.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #172 on: August 28, 2013, 02:32:53 PM »

Roger did some work with Assassin, the bay area legend.  In fact he provided vocals on the outro to Assassin's second album.

bouli77

« Reply #173 on: August 28, 2013, 03:33:34 PM »
assassin is not a legend lmao. and I mean producing i'm not talking about doing vocals.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #174 on: August 28, 2013, 03:42:57 PM »
assassin is not a legend lmao. and I mean producing i'm not talking about doing vocals.
NOT a legend?   :grumpy:

:nawty:

bouli77

« Reply #175 on: August 28, 2013, 03:50:06 PM »
just because he did a feature with pac don't make him a legend. you only fuck with him cause he had a couple songs with pac otherwise he would not even be on your radar just like you only like Lock and Load by Lil Wayne cause Kurupt is on the hook lol. his catalogue is cool but not that impressive, he didn't have any impact in the game at the time, nobody remembers his shit, that's not a legend to me. you wanna talk about bay legends here are some : Digital Underground, The Coup, Spice 1, N2Deep,4 Tay, E-40 & The Click, The Mac, Mac Dre, Mac Mall, San Quinn, etc. but def not Assassin, an underground rapper among many others at the time

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #176 on: August 28, 2013, 04:00:06 PM »
just because he did a feature with pac don't make him a legend. you only fuck with him cause he had a couple songs with pac otherwise he would not even be on your radar just like you only like Lock and Load by Lil Wayne cause Kurupt is on the hook lol. his catalogue is cool but not that impressive, he didn't have any impact in the game at the time, nobody remembers his shit, that's not a legend to me. you wanna talk about bay legends here are some : Digital Underground, The Coup, Spice 1, N2Deep,4 Tay, E-40 & The Click, The Mac, Mac Dre, Mac Mall, San Quinn, etc. but def not Assassin, an underground rapper among many others at the time

want me to post my Assassin cd collection?

Hitworks
Born and Raised in the Bay
Worldwide Game
Armed and Dangerous
Soldiers at War
Assassin and Mopreme present black and brown pride
Revelation 2000
City of Dope
Assassin Anthology
Assassin and JT The Bigga Figga - Filmo to San Jo
Hittman 4 Hire

You think I only like him for one song he did for 2pac in 1994?  lol That's a harsh judgement to make.

Assassin's rocked with the best of the california rap scene, just ask the OG's like Kurupt and Laylaw about him.

Sccit

« Reply #177 on: August 28, 2013, 08:16:25 PM »
Klientel has rocked with all the legends too.. lol

point is, assassin is a nice rapper, but far from a legend

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #178 on: August 28, 2013, 08:19:59 PM »
did klientel do jams with Pac, Shock G and Slick Rick?

Sccit

« Reply #179 on: August 28, 2013, 08:20:53 PM »
did klientel do jams with Pac, Shock G and Slick Rick?

no, but he knew pac and did shows with the outlawz and a song on their soundtrack