Author Topic: What Was The Reason For Suge Not Putting Out All These Albums?  (Read 1140 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: What Was The Reason For Suge Not Putting Out All These Albums?
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2013, 12:01:38 AM »
helter skelter, doggumentary, nate dogg debut

Helter Skelter was never made. Dre and Cube could never find time to work together. The only track the ended up making was Natural Born Killaz. By the time Dre and Cube were going to make it happen on Aftermath, Eminem blew up. So it never was even recorded.

Nate Dogg's debut did come out in 1998 on that double disc. It was the whole album. Imagine had that been released in 1995-1996. Shit, that album would have blown up.

Never heard much about Doggumentary. Unless that's were most of Dead Man Walking and Snoop's Death Rows Greatest Hits came from. If you put those 8 unreleased tracks with Dead Man Walking and take out some fillers, you'd have had an AMAZING Snoop album.

What's about Sam Sneed, N.I.N.A., Eastwood, Outlawz, Tha Realest? DR could drop so many things.

Sam Sneed from what I understand never finished his album. It seemed like he focused more on production of others and ghost producing for Dre.

N.I.N.A., that's a sad one right there.

Eastwood's Tha Row album was leaked, not that great.

Outlawz, they never were the same after 'Pac and Kadhafi passed. I do know that the 2Pac and the Outlawz album was actually Death Row, but it was released only under Interscope for some reason, so technically we did get an Outlawz album. And that was easily the best posthumous 2Pac album.

Tha Realest? Really?

Sccit

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2013, 12:16:33 AM »
helter skelter was actually in production stages..."natural born killerz" and "game over" were the only songs to be used for different projects, but best believe dre n cube were in the lab cookin up shit when it got shelved. as for nate's album, death row didnt release that double disc, mdoggy......they actually did finally put volume 1 out in 1997, but in a very limited release. and "doggumentary ep" was originally supposed to be snoop's death row follow up to "doggfather"...the first single was "midnite love"- they already had a tracklist and everything. some say it was even pressed up and ready to ship before it got shelved....as a matter of fact, i still remember, bigjake actually claimed to have a rare import copy of it from overseas, but we all know about his infamous stories lol

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2013, 12:33:17 AM »
The Helter Skelter album though was said not to have finished tracks except two. Game Over of course had Scarface and Too $hort added for Scarface's album. Damn, how did 'Face get so many Death Row leftovers? But aside from that and Natural Born Killers, nothing was complete and tracks that were recorded were not ready for release.

Yeah, Nate released that double disc, I should know, I have it. As for the limited release, I saw Nate's album at Wherehouse once, but I had no money so I was like, oh it's finally out, I'll pick it up later. Then it was like if never existed. Not only were their no albums, Nate's name was off the Rap shelf and you'd never know it was there. I don't even think they sold through their copies, unless they sold that many in a week. That shit had to have been pulled. But I was happy with the double disc in 1998.

Didn't really hear much about Doggumentry back then. From the sounds of it, it might have been the 6 unreleased tracks on Snoop Dogg's Death Row's Greatest Hits. (recounted, there are 6 tracks, not 8)

Track List:
Eastside Party (ft. Nate Dogg)
Midnight Love (ft. Daz and Raphael Saadiq)
Eastside (ft. Tha Eastsidaz and Daz)
Too High (Poly High) (ft. Daz, That Twinz and Big Pimpin' Delemond)
Usual Suspects (ft. Threat of LA ZU)
Keep It Real (ft. Bad Azz, Kurupt, Mack 10, Techniec, Threat of LA ZU) (Mack 10 would reuse this verse for Only in California)

MarshColin

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2013, 02:46:42 AM »
The Helter Skelter album though was said not to have finished tracks except two. Game Over of course had Scarface and Too $hort added for Scarface's album. Damn, how did 'Face get so many Death Row leftovers? But aside from that and Natural Born Killers, nothing was complete and tracks that were recorded were not ready for release.

Yeah, Nate released that double disc, I should know, I have it. As for the limited release, I saw Nate's album at Wherehouse once, but I had no money so I was like, oh it's finally out, I'll pick it up later. Then it was like if never existed. Not only were their no albums, Nate's name was off the Rap shelf and you'd never know it was there. I don't even think they sold through their copies, unless they sold that many in a week. That shit had to have been pulled. But I was happy with the double disc in 1998.

Didn't really hear much about Doggumentry back then. From the sounds of it, it might have been the 6 unreleased tracks on Snoop Dogg's Death Row's Greatest Hits. (recounted, there are 6 tracks, not 8)

Track List:
Keep It Real (ft. Bad Azz, Kurupt, Mack 10, Techniec, Threat of LA ZU) (Mack 10 would reuse this verse for Only in California)

Doggumentary Tracklist courtesy of dubcnn:

01. Snoop Bounce (Rock Remix) featuring Rage Against The Machine
02. Snoop's Upside Your Head (Remix)
03. Vapors (Battlecat Remix)
04. Doggfather (Timbaland Remix)
05. Midnight Love featuring Raphael Saddiq & Dat Nigga Daz (Produced by Soopafly)
06. Soldiers Story (Produced by Snoop Doggy Dogg)
07. Gangsta Walk featuring The Dogg Pound (Produced By Dat Nigga Daz)
08. Once Again a.k.a. Pop Some Shit (Produced by Soopafly)

The intro to Doggumentary isn't included on this tracklist for some reason. WideAwake used it on Lost Sessions, IIRC.

Sccit

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2013, 09:20:59 AM »

u really gotta stop spreading this misinfo with conviction, brobro..especially when ive already told u otherwise.  "Can't C Me", "Gimme 50 Feet", "Game Over", "Natural Born Killaz", and "Grand Finale 2" were all originally recorded for "Natural Born Killerz", as well as other tracks that never materialized.

Track List:

the tracklist already leaked, no need to play guessing games....dont remember the precise order, but these were the tracks said to have gone on "doggumentary"

1. Intro
2. Once Again
3. C-Walkin'
4. Vapors (Battlecat Remix)
5. Snoop Bounce ft. Rage Against The Machine (rock n roll mix)
6. Gangsta walk
7. Doggfather (Timbaland Remix)
8. Midnite Love ft. Raphael Sadiq
9. Soldier Story
10. Snoop's Upside Your Head (Remix)

found an interesting post where seer also claims it was released in japan

i dont know.. but it was, japan had it for sure.. i nearly copped a copy.. they got king t - thy kingdom come too :(

if this is true, it might be one of the rarest albums of all time, because i've never seen or heard of it bein sold anywhere...i know they had promotional posters and everything in record stores across the world, but as for them selling the actual album, i've only heard that claim on here.

Sccit

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2013, 09:25:25 AM »
more death row albums never released:
petey pablo's death row album
the chronic 2: papas got a brand new funk
lady of rage - eargasm

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2013, 09:35:05 AM »
lady of rage - eargasm
this shoulda been released when afro puffs came out.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2013, 11:24:41 AM »

1. Intro
2. Once Again
3. C-Walkin'
6. Gangsta walk
9. Soldier Story

2 of those tracks are on Dead Man Walking, Doggfather (remix) on Snoop Dogg's Death Rows Greatest Hit and Soldier Story and Once Again was on Lost Tapes. The rest all leaked. As an EP, might have been cool in 1997, but I think there was too much, and this album was too little to settle the fans. I was happy with Midnite Love on the radio, that was my track back in the days. I didn't hear of this EP, but at the time it would have just fallen to the side. Almost everything deflated after 'Pac's death.

Sccit

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2013, 11:36:02 AM »
actually, vapors remix never leaked.

1. Intro
2. Once Again
3. C-Walkin'
6. Gangsta walk
9. Soldier Story

2 of those tracks are on Dead Man Walking, Doggfather (remix) on Snoop Dogg's Death Rows Greatest Hit and Soldier Story and Once Again was on Lost Tapes. The rest all leaked. As an EP, might have been cool in 1997, but I think there was too much, and this album was too little to settle the fans. I was happy with Midnite Love on the radio, that was my track back in the days. I didn't hear of this EP, but at the time it would have just fallen to the side. Almost everything deflated after 'Pac's death.

just found this article about it http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/448/snoop-doggy-dog-packs-4-new-tracks-4-remixes-on-new-ep.jhtml

interesting...according to mtv, "c-walkin" wasnt gunna be on it.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2013, 12:48:00 PM »
A lot of tracks he did on Death Row, I think, could have put together a better album that Doggfather. I just think Doggfather had it's place, but not in 1996. I forgot about Vapors, with Midnite Love and Vapors, Snoop would have had a solid EP. Not sure it'd have people saying his back, but if he did an album with some of the tracks that have been released over the years by Death Row, you might have had more buzz, especially because he was one only one left on Death Row. At the end of the day, he did him, and well in 1997-1999 that really sucked for us fans, once he got his house in order Snoop was really back.

Sccit

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2013, 12:54:51 PM »
"doggfather" was a great album..just slept on, cuz every1 wanted another "doggystyle", or at least a similar sound.

any1 think that a hard copy of "doggumentary ep" really does exist?

adi760

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2013, 01:01:09 PM »
Eargasm wasn't finished.
Guys what u think; is there sense to release Crooked I's albums? I would love to have both in CD.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/qvQn6pva7xk" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/qvQn6pva7xk</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/8lQPYkUj4rI" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/8lQPYkUj4rI</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ITUONxDP4DA" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ITUONxDP4DA</a>