Author Topic: Rappers React to Kendrick Lamar’s Atomic “Control” Verse  (Read 2705 times)

Jack Trippa 3z company ho

Re: Rappers React to Kendrick Lamar’s Atomic “Control” Verse
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2013, 10:00:05 PM »
Bun kinda resting on his laurels there trying to act like he's not part of the uninspired crowd, referencing one verse from 96. He's been coasting lately too.

bun hasnt had a dope verse since the rydin dirty album...cant knock em because he raping niggas for 16s...get em to drop retarded money for the same shit he been spittin for 14yrs now...quik should get a refund for the shit he got...

Nah bruh...he ain't had a decent verse since Pimp died real talk. He went off several times on their double album. Pimp was UGK tho.

Bun's had plenty of decent verses since pimp c died...problem is not on one song lol

he KILLEd that verse on the la coka nostra debut album and also his bar exam 3 verse was great too.

He's had a few but he's def not the same without Pimp. He killed his feature on City Lights with Meth and Red...those 2 had no flow and were auto tuning their rhymes, and it's almost like Bun kicks in the door and shows those fools how to rap. But for the most part, his rhymes since Pimp died have been overly simplistic, mono syllable freestyle type of stuff. He's giving about 50% effort these days. He's def got the talent, but It has to be brought out of him, and Pimp did that.

That song he did with Premo was such a let down. Premo's beat was as generic as Bun's verses. 2 Texas legends and neither of them seemed like they gave a damn lol.

Sccit

« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2013, 10:58:44 PM »
Yep. The hype was so big you'd thought the next 'Pac was coming. They merged it back to the normal board once it was clear that no one was posting as much there. But for a good few months Game post were really effecting the main board's traffic.

yea, but u gotta keep in mind, dubcc was also at it's peak durin those times...the activity here was AT LEAST triple what it is now, if not more.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2013, 06:06:14 AM »
Yep. The hype was so big you'd thought the next 'Pac was coming. They merged it back to the normal board once it was clear that no one was posting as much there. But for a good few months Game post were really effecting the main board's traffic.

yea, but u gotta keep in mind, dubcc was also at it's peak durin those times...the activity here was AT LEAST triple what it is now, if not more.

I think the bigger problem is people live in the past. Mention the new guys and people think they are wack. Hip-Hop has always been about the here and now.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2013, 02:28:28 PM »
The voice sounds manufactured... it's not real anger.  What was ill about Em on the MMLP was when he started using that angry voice the anger was very very real.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2013, 02:44:44 PM »
So who in Hip-Hop, UNDER THE AGE OF 30, is better than Kendrick Lamar?

bouli77

« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2013, 03:40:31 PM »
better I don't know, but up there with him are Big K.R.I.T. (well-rounded artist) and Joey Bada$$,

Sccit

« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2013, 06:29:54 PM »
So who in Hip-Hop, UNDER THE AGE OF 30, is better than Kendrick Lamar?

is locksmith under 30?

Will_B

« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2013, 12:43:24 AM »

I think the bigger problem is people live in the past. Mention the new guys and people think they are wack. Hip-Hop has always been about the here and now.

Hiphop has always been FEELING the music tho.

99% of rappers "doin what they 'posed to" (read as generic) are doing it wrong.

Kendrick puts out an album with originally, personallity, content, technicality, and a strong musical element gets the alchemy of rap just right. People take note. It's not about complaining people live it the past, it's catching people in the now.

King Petey summed it up perfectly, he said GKMC will be looked back on as a document of the youth at the time. That's the reality Kendrick brought to the table. Not mafioso, superficial, bling, crunk, macho, violent, horror, misogynist, gangsta, swag, clown or straight retardation. Just hiphop and his own feelings on wax.

jman91331

« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2013, 07:20:42 AM »
So I'm hearing Puffy (of all people) tried to check Kendrick and was about to throw his drink on him over that King of NY line until J. Cole stepped in and him & Puffy got into it. I guarantee Puffy wouldn't have said a fuckin thing to Kurupt where the original line came from. This niggas a Bitch for that. 

Elano The One And Only

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2013, 07:58:05 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/i_WX4C08l4A" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/i_WX4C08l4A</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/o5tCK7dBpdQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/o5tCK7dBpdQ</a>

Sccit

« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2013, 08:20:39 AM »
So I'm hearing Puffy (of all people) tried to check Kendrick and was about to throw his drink on him over that King of NY line until J. Cole stepped in and him & Puffy got into it. I guarantee Puffy wouldn't have said a fuckin thing to Kurupt where the original line came from. This niggas a Bitch for that. 

Yea but then again, Kendrick is a good kid from the new era of skinny jeans and wearin ur sisters tshirts

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2013, 09:08:10 AM »

Kendrick puts out an album with originally, personallity, content, technicality, and a strong musical element gets the alchemy of rap just right. People take note. It's not about complaining people live it the past, it's catching people in the now.

King Petey summed it up perfectly, he said GKMC will be looked back on as a document of the youth at the time. That's the reality Kendrick brought to the table. Not mafioso, superficial, bling, crunk, macho, violent, horror, misogynist, gangsta, swag, clown or straight retardation. Just hiphop and his own feelings on wax.

In terms of GKMC, I'd agree. I put that in my phone and just listened to it from beginning to end. It was one of the rare albums that I can just play without skipping a trade and it told a story. And I felt that album, it was as if this guy took my teenage years it put it on wax. Like damn, this is what happens in Rialto, CA too, and I was feeling the who think, especially the two tracks that made up M.A.A.D. City with MC Eiht. So I agree with you. I think GKMC joins the classic albums list, and I'd put it better than College Dropout, which for me is very, very high. Still, it's hard to rank albums.

With that said, I also think other artist are putting out good music and it should be listened too. I think a lot of people live in their Chronic past, and it's time to come out and see what these cats are saying. They are a reflection of youth culture, and even if we don't like it, we have to respect it. Adults didn't like rap music in the 90's, but rap music was saying something. Now that I'm the adult, I'm not going to ignore the voice of the youth. It's time to see what they're saying. And yeah, Kendrick maybe the only one with a true message, but that is also very, very, very telling of were the youth are as well, when they don't even have a message of their own.

Fraxxx

« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2013, 09:18:33 AM »

100% this!
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Elano The One And Only

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2013, 11:55:38 AM »
Kendrick Lamar Says King Los Had The Best "Control" Response

Compton rapper Kendrick Lamar may have approached his verse on Big Sean’s “Control” like any of the other guest verses he’s appeared on, but his addition to the No I.D.-produced song morphed into something more than a standard guest feature. On the lengthy verse, Kendrick challenged his fellow emcees and even boasted on holding the title of “king of New York.”

Weeks after the song’s release, the TDE emcee is finally speaking on his celebrated verse. Kendrick, who was out of the country when “Control” dropped, shared his thoughts on the verse and the feedback it’s received during an interview with Los Angeles’ Power 106 yesterday (August 28) and spoke even more in-depth about the song while chopping it up with HOT 97 personality Peter Rosenberg today (August 29).

Shortly after speaking on social media’s negative effect on the verse, Kendrick spoke on his fear of less “polished” emcees being so caught up in their Twitter replies and friends gassing them up that they take their response to the verse to unnecessary levels.

“All the ignorance behind it, you can kill that noise,” Kendrick demanded. “It’ll never be like that again where two coasts [rivals]. Not on my behalf. You get what I’m saying? Not while I’m doing this. And I think the OG’s of the game would want that anyway. They’d want that competitive nature back and no bloodshed over it. You feel me? I’m way too wise and I’m way too polished to not get caught up in the hype of the media, but what I’m scared of is cats that’s not polished and they getting caught up in what they Twitter responses is saying. And what they’re homies around them saying and people gassing them up. And they try to take it to the next level. Nah, that’s not G. That’s not gangsta.”

Despite receiving “all love” from New York heavyweights including Jay Z and Diddy, Kendrick further clarified his “king of New York” mention on “Control,” stating that he was merely trying to convey how “hungry” of an artist he is.

“My first sold out show was in New York. You get what I’m saying? So, I always looked at that place as a place that respected me and my lyrics and respected the culture and the birthplace of it. I think the ones that really took it out of context was the people that we know [who] wanted to grab an opportunity just off the fact of the hype of the record,” said the good kid, m.A.A.d city rapper. “Rather than actually tuning in and listening and know how hungry I am…I’m saying I’m the most hungry in this…I respect the legends in the game. I respect people who done it before me. People that lost they lives over this. So, because of what they laid down I’m gon’ try and go ten times harder and breathe it and live it. And that’s the whole point of the whole verse.”

Lastly, Kendrick offered his thoughts on the artists he feels had the best “Control” responses. Among them were Joe Budden, Joell Ortiz, King Los, and Kevin Hart’s rap persona, Chocolate Drop.

“I liked the [King] Los verse,” Kendrick revealed. “Joe Budden did this thing, Joell; a lot of people with different approaches…Joey had the facts in his verse, a few things that he felt. Papoose had the comical joint. Los was flipping his words and putting that spunk on it. I think he had the killer thing though. Yeah, Los killed it out of everybody. But the number one joint at the top of the list had to be Chocolate Drop.”

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/59gS1x2GDTs" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/59gS1x2GDTs</a>