Author Topic: All responses to Kendrick Lamars verse on Control (So Far)  (Read 1029 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: All responses to Kendrick Lamars verse on Control (So Far)
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2013, 01:03:56 PM »
U EXPECTED BETTER? THAT WAS THE BEST LINE...LOL

HE SAYIN THAT HE DONT HAVE A WEST COAST SOUND OR STYLE 2 BEGIN WIT, WHICH HAS BEEN THE BIGGEST KNOCK ON KENDRICK

I mean yeah, but Eazy E was on top 25 years ago. Sounds and styles change. Hardly anyone sounds likes Eazy E anymore.

Also saying he didn't claim the crown of the west because he's afraid of all the gangs, but in the same line Kendrick did say he was king of the west.

I'd say the best line was when he compared Kendrick to Kanye and Drake. That's somewhat credible, though Kendrick was never in that fashion scene.

Sccit

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2013, 01:11:37 PM »
IT AINT SPECIFICALLY THAT HE DOESN'T SOUND LIKE EAZY-E, BUT HE DOESNT HAVE A REGIONAL SOUND WHATSOEVER...FOR INSTANCE, U HEAR PAPOOSE, U AUTOMATICALLY KNOW HE'S FROM NY. IF I HEARD KENDRICK AND U DIDNT TELL ME, I'D SWEAR HE WAS MIDWEST, EAST, SOUTH DEPENDING ON SONG. SO EAZY-E IS JUST USED AS SYMBOLISM AND REPRESENTATION OF THE WEST COAST, WHICH KENDRICK'S STYLE DOESNT REALLY REPRESENT. HE SAID HE WANTS AN ALBUM PRODUCED BY QUIK, SO AT LEAST HE'S HUNGRY TO DEVELOP THAT MISSING PIECE TO HIS MUSIC...BUT AS OF NOW, HE'S STILL LACKING THAT REGIONAL ASPECT THAT WOULD PUT HIM OVER THE TOP WITH THE LEGENDARY NAMES. THATS WHY I THINK PAPOOSE NAILED IT ON THE HEAD..."U BARELY EVEN WEST COAST" AND THATS THE REALEST SPIT HE COULDA SPAT.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2013, 01:29:20 PM »
IT AINT SPECIFICALLY THAT HE DOESN'T SOUND LIKE EAZY-E, BUT HE DOESNT HAVE A REGIONAL SOUND WHATSOEVER...FOR INSTANCE, U HEAR PAPOOSE, U AUTOMATICALLY KNOW HE'S FROM NY. IF I HEARD KENDRICK AND U DIDNT TELL ME, I'D SWEAR HE WAS MIDWEST, EAST, SOUTH DEPENDING ON SONG. SO EAZY-E IS JUST USED AS SYMBOLISM AND REPRESENTATION OF THE WEST COAST, WHICH KENDRICK'S STYLE DOESNT REALLY REPRESENT. HE SAID HE WANTS AN ALBUM PRODUCED BY QUIK, SO AT LEAST HE'S HUNGRY TO DEVELOP THAT MISSING PIECE TO HIS MUSIC...BUT AS OF NOW, HE'S STILL LACKING THAT REGIONAL ASPECT THAT WOULD PUT HIM OVER THE TOP WITH THE LEGENDARY NAMES. THATS WHY I THINK PAPOOSE NAILED IT ON THE HEAD..."U BARELY EVEN WEST COAST" AND THATS THE REALEST SPIT HE COULDA SPAT.

'Cause that Teach Me How To Dougie shit, or skateboard rap that's been big for the past few years is so westcoast.

I mean, it is what it is, but I think Kendrick does have a Westcoast feel, at least with Good Kid. The rest of his stuff I'd agree, but his actual album is pretty Westcoast, at least for today's sound.

Sccit

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2013, 03:55:44 PM »

'Cause that Teach Me How To Dougie shit, or skateboard rap that's been big for the past few years is so westcoast.

no, it's not...and thats the point. and kendrick is closer to that than he is to eazy-e. that's what papoose was tryna convey.

I mean, it is what it is, but I think Kendrick does have a Westcoast feel, at least with Good Kid. The rest of his stuff I'd agree, but his actual album is pretty Westcoast, at least for today's sound.

and i dont think "good kid maad city" had a regional sound whatsoever. that was my main problem with the album. there is a hint of west coast, but that was all based on dre's involvement.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 03:58:14 PM by NIKCC »

Native American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 2o11
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2013, 06:34:11 PM »
Majority of the responses are in low quality or ripped from video stream. So i didnt peep, "W"hy didnt the artist them selves put the shit up for DOWNLOAD !....in cdq ?!!!....All that money and still they "cant get rite".
Obviously they didnt want to be herd that bad.......

Come on now, J. ORTIZ is the only one who came correct !
1.) Recorded less then 24hrs
2.) Used original beat
3.) Recorded in the studio
4.) Mastered correctly
5.) Sent it to a real DJ not uploaded to the interWeb.

Now rappers like papoose can just fight south paw and just counter, like that little guy mayweather....
They can also Google Kendrick Lamar and relate the lyrics to everything on the 1st page, in all Catagories except Shopping.....Ha !!!
None are worthy of a KDot response, except Ortiz. 8)
EVERY LAST ONE OF ''Y-O-U'' BELIEVE THAT DR. DRE HAS MADE THESE SONG's FOR ''Y-O-U''.
THE REALITY IS THAT THE SONG's ARE ''ABOUT Y-O-U'' !!!!!!

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2013, 02:44:47 AM »
The amount of feedback this track is getting is unprecedented. Funny thing is Kendrick is still walking away with the last laugh because...

1. Free publicity
2. His verse is still on Big Sean's album so he's getting paid
3. He arguably has the best verse (Cassidy maybe)

I don't think I've ever seen 1 verse get so much attention. Like this lil nigga just woke everybody up and made them bring their A games. Dude is still flawless since GKMC.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2013, 03:18:58 PM »
joell bodied that nigga and pap read his eulogy. r.i.p kendrick !
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2013, 03:42:14 PM »
Worst trolling effort in the forum's history.

Lol @ struggle bars and you're a Daz fan.

Will_B

« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2013, 03:46:16 PM »

Not a Slaugterhouse fan but I gave Joell Ortiz his props for the best response so far.

This one ain't even close

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2013, 03:59:06 PM »
Papoose went harder than Joell.

It's probably the European factor and actually you just don't fully understand all of Joe's lines.

Will_B

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2013, 04:05:36 PM »
Papoose went harder than Joell.

It's probably the European factor and actually you just don't fully understand all of Joe's lines.

Him being totally off beat, lisping and spitting saliva all over the mic kills it for me.

Post up what you thought was good if it helps get your point across.

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2013, 09:01:02 PM »
Bizarre - Kendrick Lamar Diss Track  :o www.limelinx.com/c2do

Sccit

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2013, 12:10:42 PM »

if i've learned one thing on dubcc, it's that will is not the greatest of music critics