Author Topic: Warren G - EP  (Read 2374 times)

Free Suge Knight, Gucci Mane, & BShmurda Welcome Home Tray D

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Warren G - EP
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2013, 05:25:37 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/yUavd0zTO9c" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/yUavd0zTO9c</a>

Warren G isn't makin nothin like this and if he tries to then it's a joke lol!  He needs to stay in his lane just like Snoop always has.  There's nothin wrong with experimenting, I enjoy it.  But he's not Nu-Skool, not at all

Jimmy H.

« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2013, 05:28:58 PM »
Becuz it sounds like u have a 1-deminsional view of Rap Music and can't separate 1 gun song from the next gun song.

Who said anything about gun songs?  

Becuz I can separate Project Pat's "North North Part 2" from "Aggravated Robbery" with no problem.

But you can tell the difference between Dr. Pepper and Diet Dr. Pepper?

and maybe you need to stop acting like you're some official in the music and the culture and just play your position....!
An odd piece of advice coming from a man who has spent countless hours of his life re-organizing other people's albums, putting them up on message boards, and making fake artwork with their name in the credits.  Obviously, it is me who is mistaking their opinion as being an official statement on what is good and bad.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2013, 05:34:33 PM »
Becuz it sounds like u have a 1-deminsional view of Rap Music and can't separate 1 gun song from the next gun song.
Who said anything about gun songs?  

Becuz I can separate Project Pat's "North North Part 2" from "Aggravated Robbery" with no problem.
 But you can tell the difference between Dr. Pepper and Diet Dr. Pepper?

and maybe you need to stop acting like you're some official in the music and the culture and just play your position....!
An odd piece of advice coming from a man who has spent countless hours of his life re-organizing other people's albums, putting them up on message boards, and making fake artwork with their name in the credits.  Obviously, it is me who is mistaking their opinion as being an official statement on what is good and bad.

A - How about u stop getting so emtional and quit trolling while you THINK you're ahead.

B - Actually yes I can separate the two.  And u actually EXPOSED yourself to a greater point in Hip Hop and Black Culture.  If you can't serparate the music then why the fuck are you even talking about it?  You have no right since u have no intellect.  And it's not even that deep foreal, it's actually pretty peanut-butter and jelly.  

Your rebuttal sounds sillier than Me actually even asking the question  :-\

C - u sound like i got u mad?  it's sunday, drink a beer and take some time off the computer.  u gettin too wrapped up in this shit.  grow a little, Champ
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 05:37:28 PM by _RadioTube_ - Aquit My Homie Gucci Mane - RIP Scarecrow »

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2013, 05:42:55 PM »
so Jimmy, what's the difference between:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/fZ8OLcDkheQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/fZ8OLcDkheQ</a>

and

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/vg7K_URy9Qk" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/vg7K_URy9Qk</a>

besides the beat and the tempo?

u honestly have no idea what you're talking about do u?

Cordozzar Drakko

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2013, 06:07:46 PM »
Why have a 90's sound when we are in 2013?

Because these fools hated G-Files in in 2009

Some peeps ALWAYS complain... Same peeps who NEVER actually BUY the albums, just leeching for free download shit:
say Warren goes for a vintage style & sound, they'll complain he's making re-hashed music already heard before & never evolves or moves forward...
say he does let his style & sound evolve & mature, they'll say he's selling out or doing crap compared to his "classic" material...

same critics apply to the Snoops, the Cubes & just about any major artist with a 10 year+ career... fact is you can never please EVERYONE. At the very least, an artit outta make the music HE or SHE loves, music from the HEART that he or she can be proud of.
IF it sells, so much the better, if it don't, so be it, at least, they'll still be able to stand behind their music. That's pretty much what an artist like Quik been doing: always renewing himself & his style. & He's been very criticized for it & his sales always suffered from it, BUT he can still be proud of every single one of his records for coming from his heart & soul. & THAT is what matters most at the end of the day.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2013, 06:19:56 PM »
^^^^ sounds good...

but at the end of the day; good music is good music

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/AYUBTtCVuSA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/AYUBTtCVuSA</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/8YrW5vChJec" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/8YrW5vChJec</a>

Jimmy H.

« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2013, 07:25:17 PM »

How about u stop getting so emtional and quit trolling while you THINK you're ahead.

The trolling scapegoat seems a little played out.  I was participating in the conversation.  You started throwing jabs and now, we're doing the silly back and forth like any of it matters. But since we're on the subject, emotional people usually don't troll.  Trolls are usually people with no interest in the subject at all who deliberately plant stuff on the Internet just to get an emotional reaction from others.  And for the record, I don't think I am ahead.  This isn't a race or a competition.  It's a message board.  We're two adults.  No matter who's right or who's wrong, we both have to get up and go to work tomorrow.

Quote from: _RadioTube_ - Aquit My Homie Gucci Mane - RIP Scarecrow link=topic=303759.msg2976654#msg2976654
Actually yes I can separate the two.  And u actually EXPOSED yourself to a greater point in Hip Hop and Black Culture.  If you can't serparate the music then why the fuck are you even talking about it?  You have no right since u have no intellect.  And it's not even that deep foreal, it's actually pretty peanut-butter and jelly. 
Are you still trying to run the vague pseudo-intellectual bravado thing with me? Pulling bait-and-switch questions that have nothing to do with the topic in hopes of coming off as having some advanced knowledge that far outweighs all of us. To answer the question about why anyone should talk about music they don't understand.  That seems like a Catch-22 for the ill-informed. The point of discussion is to gain knowledge. If you're having a discussion with someone who you perceive to lack the proper knowledge, your point should be to educate them. Otherwise, you're just talking to a fool to hear him speak, which ultimately makes you the bigger fool.  So which are you?

Quote from: _RadioTube_ - Aquit My Homie Gucci Mane - RIP Scarecrow link=topic=303759.msg2976654#msg2976654

Your rebuttal sounds sillier than Me actually even asking the question  :-\
Which seems odd because my rebuttal WAS a question.

u sound like i got u mad?  it's sunday, drink a beer and take some time off the computer.  u gettin too wrapped up in this shit.  grow a little, Champ
Actually, the whole point of going on the computer was to take time off.  I've done my work for the week so now I'm sharing in some good laughs and discussion on Sunday night, in between writing.  But since you seem so concerned, I can assure you I'm not angry.  It's a message board and I don't really have a heavy emotional stake in whether I'm right or wrong.  This is like arguing about politics with friends over a couple drinks, nothing either one of us says is going to change shit in the bigger picture but it's kind of fun to talk about.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2013, 07:44:35 PM »
And to break down that nonsense about people "not being able to separate the music" not having the right to talk about it, that's entirely incorrect. If the music has been put out for the world to listen to, you can't make an opinion a matter of intellect or culture.  You don't have to be part of the culture to buy the music in the store or download on MP3 so you can't pick and choose whose opinion is relevant. If you make art for the public, the public is allowed their opinion, uninformed or not. The only time I question a person's opinion is when they didn't dedicate the time.  You can't write a book report on a book you haven't read.  You can't do a movie review on a movie you haven't watched. If you dedicate time to a book, movie, or album, you are entitled to express how you feel about it.  Understood? 

With that being said, I haven't heard any Project Pat songs and have no plans to listen to them tonight.  So being that I'm admitting that I have no knowledge of the music in question, I'll call your bluff.  What's the difference?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2013, 10:57:42 PM »
Why are you sweatin so hard Jimmy?  *thats what I said before I fucked her!*

so now all of a sudden you wanna glamorize da struggle?  i C u

Saber

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2013, 02:15:59 AM »
There's this common misconception that G-Funk is strictly old-school, 90s music. It does sound old-school, but it can also sound fresh and be relevant even in 2013. Go listen to some new G-Funk. There are a lot of artist that do it and their stuff sounds both old-school and a bit modern. If Warren makes something like this he'll no doubt have success.

Cordozzar Drakko

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2013, 02:17:39 AM »
There's this common misconception that G-Funk is strictly old-school, 90s music. It does sound old-school, but it can also sound fresh and be relevant even in 2013. Go listen to some new G-Funk. There are a lot of artist that do it and their stuff sounds both old-school and a bit modern. If Warren makes something like this he'll no doubt have success.

Best recent exemple Shade Sheist of course!

Will_B

« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2013, 03:10:29 AM »

Battlecats Cali Iz Active instro is a great example of a successful modern G-Funk beat from the 2000's

Jimmy H.

« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2013, 11:42:58 AM »
Yeah, that new record he putting out a few months back was incredible. 

Shade Sheist™

• PYO Entertainment
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.ShadeSheist.net
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2013, 02:41:13 PM »
Yeah, that new record he putting out a few months back was incredible. 

More Where That Came From.. GFUNKISFOREVER.  8)
New Album "BLACKOPS" Coming Soon
-------------------------------------------
Official Site: www.ShadeSheist.net
Music: www.GFUNKISFOREVER.net
Twitter: www.twitter.com/shade_sheist
Facebook: www.facebook.com/shadesheistfan
YouTube: www.youtube.com/ishadesheist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2014, 12:32:15 PM »
GFUNKISFOREVER.  8)

Amen

Battlecats Cali Iz Active instro is a great example of a successful modern G-Funk beat from the 2000's

There's been tens of thousands of songs since then that's GFunk related.... like Dom Kennedy's albums for example.  U need 2 take a break William