Author Topic: Why is Andre3000 often mentioned as one of the best..  (Read 789 times)

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
Re: Why is Andre3000 often mentioned as one of the best..
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2013, 11:25:43 AM »
start with the atlien album...all the way to stankonia...

southerplayerlistic outkast r entirely different animals..on everything after their debut album...

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2013, 12:50:28 PM »
i still prefer andre in a fuzzy kangol then shoulder pads and safari hats.

ive grown to appreciate big boi more then stacks..it seems like big boi is actually aware that they have a fan base and does all he can to feed it while andre procrastinates and bullshits all the time on what the next move is gonna be.

he sucks on a guitar too...real shit, ive never taken a lesson in my life or owned a guitar but i can play better then dude...hes been practicing that shit for like ten years and is about as good as lil wayne on the guitar. put that bullshit down and start writing again stacks, you bitch you.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2013, 12:54:14 PM »

southerplayerlistic outkast r entirely different animals..on everything after their debut album...

I say take Southernplayalistic all the way up through Stankonia...

...I still don't understand what the hell was up with Andre on the Love Below Album.  That shit sucked, yet it outsold every other Outkast album, I don't get it.  I actually forgot all about the Love Below album.  If I was new to hiphop and had just heard only that album, I would also be asking why the helll anyone would give props to Andre3000
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

TidyKris

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2013, 03:27:14 PM »
I loved Outkast right up until they dropped "Hey Y'all" then i lost all respect lol

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2013, 03:36:19 PM »
I loved Outkast right up until they dropped "Hey Y'all" then i lost all respect lol

I certainly can't blame you for that... like I said, I don't know why that was their most successful album.  Andre's disc wasn't even listenable
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2013, 05:08:58 PM »

...I still don't understand what the hell was up with Andre on the Love Below Album.  That shit sucked, yet it outsold every other Outkast album, I don't get it.  I actually forgot all about the Love Below album.  If I was new to hiphop and had just heard only that album, I would also be asking why the helll anyone would give props to Andre3000

southernplayerlistic...

was dre's too hard to swallow...bun wasnt as lyrical as he was on the 1st album..like he was on...super tight..and the rest of the albums...

dre like bun had found his own lane...

the love below dre...was somethin he was gonnado anyway..t came out on aquemini...the singinn stuff...the greatest hits had dre singin on it too...

the album itself.. was suppose to be dre's solo/soundtrack to the idlewild soundtrack...the movie got scrapped...the soundtrack got scrapped...big boi was ready to put out his solo afterwards

i think the love below album...is the reason why...dre took a step back...because he got all kinds of accolades...for clownin...vs to the work he had put out previously..

n hey ya..overshadowed...wha the group stood for...and everytime they had interviews...n on shows..hey ya had to be performed...n put big boi on the backburner...

so dre stopped performin..n let big shine..

they didnt kno how the laface n la reid was gone turn out...

idlewild...got remade....rosario dawson who was on the album...got changed to paula patton...

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2013, 05:13:08 PM »

southernplayerlistic...

was dre's too hard to swallow...bun wasnt as lyrical as he was on the 1st album..like he was on...super tight..and the rest of the albums...

the love below dre...was somethin he was gonnado anyway..t came out on aquemini...the singinn stuff...the greatest hits had dre singin on it too...

the album itself.. was suppose to be dre's solo/soundtrack to the idlewild soundtrack...the movie got scrapped...the soundtrack got scrapped...big boi was ready to put out his solo afterwards

i think the love below album...is the reason why...dre took a step back...because he got all kinds of accolades...for clownin...vs to the work he had put out previously..

n hey ya..overshadowed...wha the group stood for...and everytime they had interviews...n on shows..hey ya had to be performed...n put big boi on the backburner...

idlewild...got remade....rosario dawson who was on the album...got changed to paula patton...

yo... so you think Andre was just clownin on The Love Below and yet somehow it kind of accidently blew up and got taken seriously by casual music fans? 

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2013, 09:27:52 PM »

southernplayerlistic...

yo... so you think Andre was just clownin on The Love Below and yet somehow it kind of accidently blew up and got taken seriously by casual music fans? 

yep ...fmusic fans who never listen to outkast..saw both the way u move..n the hey ya video...n was wow'd

but alot cats who claim to be die hard outkast fans.. can fix their mouths to say..i wish dre would go back to rappin...

should have seen the love below sound coming...back on aquemini ...synthesizer...spottieottie...liberation...was the beginning..

...then more was added to stankonia..

...i'll call be4 i come...humble mumble..?, toilet tisha, slum beautiful...stankonia

then the greatest hits album...funkin around...movin cool..the whole world...

all set up the sound for the love below album....not to forget cee-lo's greatest imperfection debut solo album was dre's blueprint...

arista never really believed wha outkast n goodie can do every album...thats why the label caused friction with the m.o.b n broke them up...forced cee-lo hand at bein a solo artist..n not promote em..n cause weak album sales..

they tried the samething..with outkast...except outkast found ways to go platinum and any side ideas they had...got passed off to other people...alot of ppl dont know...idlewild..was suppose to been a mtv film..and aquemini was the soundtrack originally.....mtv called dre n big in...and offered to buy the rights from em..n let busta n missy have it..

every outkast album...rumors would always swirl that the group broke up...but the group made all the critics look stupid..durin one of the many interviews outkast had with vibe right be4 the sb/lb album dropped...literally told everbody it wasnt a rap album...but a soundtrack to the movie...that everybody refuse to let get made...big n dre..both said arista was scared of the album

if u or anybody...wanna see a behind the scenes look the speakerboxxx..love below album.. if u got netflix....search for the documentary called the industry...u will see arista purposely undershipped the outkast album...did everything they could to keep it from droppin...

sad to think..cee-lo n dre should be mention as one of the best...jus imagine if he really did become the 3rd member of outkast..instead of the goodie mob...like he was suppose to

not taken nothin from dre...but cee-lo laid down the blue print..n cee-lo was the one..who had to go outside the country....to blow up..with gnarls...comeback n the american critics on his dick...when he been doin this shit...n those same critics forget he was part of the goodie mob..

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2013, 12:47:51 AM »
Bar for bar, song for song I'll take Nas, Pac and Marshall in a landslide bigger than anything I can even think of in a simile or metaphor to compare.

And I only mentioned those three because Andre has the workload to where I can see why people dig him like that. But if you want to count whose a better rapper and take out all that impact, discography, legacy nonsense, you can probably name 20 better than him.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2013, 12:49:33 AM »

southernplayerlistic...

i love the way you move got just as much burn as hey ya it seemed and they timed them perfectly so they could both shine a little bit before the other one came out. i wasnt sonically a big fan of their double disc but i see what they was trying to do and the execution fell just a tad bit short but that shit you say about them making bank off of just clowning is true these guys wrote some deep songs and pop culture latches onto shake it like a Polaroid picture and runs with it everyone knows who outkast is but alot of ppl have never heard "get up get out and get something" is basically what im saying in a nutshell and hip hop purists would say that album and the accumulation that lead up to that song was their magnum opus.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2013, 09:29:42 AM »

i love the way you move got just as much burn as hey ya it seemed and they timed them perfectly so they could both shine a little bit before the other one came out. i wasnt sonically a big fan of their double disc but i see what they was trying to do and the execution fell just a tad bit short but that shit you say about them making bank off of just clowning is true these guys wrote some deep songs and pop culture latches onto shake it like a Polaroid picture and runs with it everyone knows who outkast is but alot of ppl have never heard "get up get out and get something" is basically what im saying in a nutshell and hip hop purists would say that album and the accumulation that lead up to that song was their magnum opus.

nice post

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2013, 12:10:50 PM »

southernplayerlistic...

hey ya is a emotional song..but the music...makes u think otherwise...if u peep the lyrics...dre was spittin game...end of 2nd verse its a reason why he said yall dont want to hear me you just tryin 2 dance...

i wasnt a huge fan of it neither...liked a han full of songs...until i ran into blue ...their manager...he said you could mix and match the entire album...n come up with 5 outkast albums...n if u sit n listen to dre's disc u will hear a musical

if u sit n listen to the album again...u will notice..happy valentines day.spread..  where r my panties skit...prototype...she lives in my lap...hey ya..roses...the good day good sir skit...behold a lady...n pink n blue...love in war..are all in chronological order..because they all tie into one another..

he is single...durin valentines day...(most single ppl..shit on the day..)...he met a chick...one night stand took her to the house..fucked...

woke up..the next day...wonder wha he jus did n how she felt about em...fell in love with the girl...she wasnt ready to settle down...she stayed in the streets...n his mind was playin tricks on him...he eventually see the shit doesnt work...they get in to it...relationship is over..

him n his potna...runnin the streets....see's a bad ass broad..come to find out she is a older classy woman...who put it in em life is too short to be fightin over petty shit...

Sccit

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2013, 12:19:13 PM »
not guna lie, "spread" and "prototype" used 2 be my shit

mastdark81

• 'G'
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2013, 01:20:18 PM »
Andre3000 definitely isn't bad by any means...and I was going to actually call him overrated before I had a chance to think about it.  Now that I have,   I think what you have is southern fans being nostalgic to him similar to NY on Nas/Rakim, Twista to the midwest, and Kurupt to the West cause he represented more of a mature content of lyrics at the same time flirting with being what was "hip".  Even if his best lyrics are now far in between.  

Its like with this Kendrick Lamar "Control" verse...the rap game is so watered down now that when you hear decent lyrics its a breath of fresh air...I think that's what Andre3000 gave to the South as far as lyricism.  

So I think Andre3000 kinda have a cult of fans and always will because he always represented something different than the flash of the South.  When pop type artists mention him they more mention him out of respect because he's known by their older brothers, cousins who praised him.

I kinda lump him in with Common tho but to a higher regard because he has funky music behind his deep lyrics compared to the more NeoSoul type flavor Common brings to the table.

I think your looking at it too deeply.  It's not that complex and it has nothing to do with coast/region.  Andre3000 is dope and he had a 10 year run with Outkast where they were dropping platinum album after platinum album and all of his shit was fire!!   There's no secret to it, Andre is dope and one of the illest to ever touch a mic.

Well to make it simple...no emcee should be considered one of the illest ever if he ain't dropped at least 2 solo's.  So for that fact he's overrated.  Trust me there is alot of emcee's that are sick but as soon as they went solo couldn't hold their own when they had to write 3 verses and come up with an album or two of concepts.

My only gripe!  Is that fair?

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2013, 01:32:46 PM »

Well to make it simple...no emcee should be considered one of the illest ever if he ain't dropped at least 2 solo's. 

this