Author Topic: What is Kurupts best work on the mic?  (Read 2813 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: What is Kurupts best work on the mic?
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2013, 08:58:51 PM »
his work on Dogg Food was near flawless...but his best was "Started" which was a leftover, he reused those verses a couple of hundred times since

Can you link me to "Started".. I couldn't even find that on youtube.. never heard of it.

sick!
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

jman91331

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2013, 08:59:27 PM »
I would say Got My Mind Made Up, and Initiated. He killed it on those two.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2013, 09:02:48 PM »
I would say Got My Mind Made Up, and Initiated. He killed it on those two.
8)

doggfather

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2013, 12:23:20 AM »
tha streetz is a ...
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Will_B

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2013, 04:16:31 AM »
I think they all pretty much fucked up when Pac died and Dre left Death Row

Kurupt was just fire back in the early days but the dude was never designed to be a solo star. Maybe one solo project on Death Row, but its as part of a clique or a guest artist that he could shine

Like I said after things fell apart there so many of em changed direction, and bad livin took over. Kurupt will always be remembered for his ferocious bars 92-96 tho.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2013, 04:38:56 AM »

Kurupt was just fire back in the early days but the dude was never designed to be a solo star. Maybe one solo project on Death Row, but its as part of a clique or a guest artist that he could shine

Like I said after things fell apart there so many of em changed direction, and bad livin took over. Kurupt will always be remembered for his ferocious bars 92-96 tho.

funny thing is a lot of east coast heads only know of Kurupt for his much weaker post-death row collabos with every east coast artist

Will_B

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2013, 05:57:43 AM »

funny thing is a lot of east coast heads only know of Kurupt for his much weaker post-death row collabos with every east coast artist

I actually really like Kurupt'a time fuckin with the East and back home in Philly. The shit produced by D-Moet especially. I got that white label vinyl of the track he did with Foxy Brown, and that SB1 compilation with the Pretty Boy collab. I think during the making of Kuruption he could easily gone East and made waves over there. Things all fucked up during the finishing of the album tho

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2013, 05:59:07 AM »
post a link son

HighEyeCue

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2013, 07:46:15 AM »
some of the tracks of the east disc of "Kuruption" he was lyrically on fire..."It's A Set Up" and "Game" especially...

Will_B

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2013, 08:22:39 AM »
some of the tracks of the east disc of "Kuruption" he was lyrically on fire..."It's A Set Up" and "Game" especially...

Add to that Kurupt had world class beats on Antra back then

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2013, 08:53:33 AM »

this.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2013, 09:01:30 AM »

Are you serious bro.. that shit is madd weak and some of Kurupts worst of the 90's.

bouli77

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2013, 09:38:02 AM »

that's how you post posers and eastcoast elitists who will frown on you when you say Kurupt's a lyricist, they'll always refer to his verse on Xplosive cause that's about the only verse they know about him, but when you confront them and play New York New York, Smooth, or Doggy Dogg World they literally can't believe their ears.

Will_B

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2013, 09:48:54 AM »
One of my idols ain't not joke so why the fuck should I be

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2013, 09:54:05 AM »

this.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.