Author Topic: Why do grown men care about Batman, Superman or Spiderman movies?  (Read 1199 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: Why do grown men care about Batman, Superman or Spiderman movies?
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2013, 11:13:26 PM »
Mdogg you bring up a good point.  "People are big into hero worship".  I mean, yeah some of you people are.  It explains the superhero movie phenomenon and also the Obama phenomenon as well.  Some people just like being told how great other people are, it makes them feel safe in their stupidity and mediocrity imo.

For as long as there's been people, there has been hero worship. Why do you think Alexander the Great was called the Great and talked about for thousands of years. The 300 Spartans, Athens. You may think others are foolish, but it is at that point you lost your humanity.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2013, 11:30:32 PM »
Mdogg you bring up a good point.  "People are big into hero worship".  I mean, yeah some of you people are.  It explains the superhero movie phenomenon and also the Obama phenomenon as well.  Some people just like being told how great other people are, it makes them feel safe in their stupidity and mediocrity imo.

For as long as there's been people, there has been hero worship. Why do you think Alexander the Great was called the Great and talked about for thousands of years. The 300 Spartans, Athens. You may think others are foolish, but it is at that point you lost your humanity.

So youre doomed to repeat the failures of history?  Only a moron would sentence himself to that life and even admit it.  Typical liberal douche trying to lecture others on touchy feely bullshit and how if you dont follow the heard you must be some evil person. 
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2013, 11:40:43 PM »

So youre doomed to repeat the failures of history?  Only a moron would sentence himself to that life and even admit it.  Typical liberal douche trying to lecture others on touchy feely bullshit and how if you dont follow the heard you must be some evil person. 

No, actually what I am saying is it's natural to look at people and look up to them. Do you not like Ron Paul? Matt Drudge? Mark Twain? There is some author that you read, some person you research, or many people you research. There are people who shape us, everyone from parents to maybe a religious figure or a moral person we admire. These are all forms of hero worship. For many years I denied I had some level of it, I was like my dad is my only hero. But I do study the writings and speeches of Dr. King, Gandhi, and other non-violent leaders throughout the globe. To me, people who struggle and don't bend on their values are true heroes. So in my older, wiser age I realize exactly what I did.

One day when you are a parent (God forbid) you'll see your child look at you like you are the greatest thing that's walk the Earth. You'll realize many things you have done and see life a bit different. I'm able to admit a lot of things now that I wouldn't before. Before I was like, I'm a man, I don't hero worship. Now I realize I do. It's things like that.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2013, 11:58:00 PM »
i went hard with comics till i was like 14 then i discovered pussy and weed etc. ive tried real hard to get back into it when the movies would drop or i knew a monumental issue was coming out but it just never felt the same.

comics suck now compared to the 80s-90s

most treasured comic owned: hulk 181 wolvies first appearance

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2013, 12:12:14 AM »
80's and 90's was the pinnacle of comics to me. So many good stories.

Heinz

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2013, 12:15:48 AM »

No, actually what I am saying is it's natural to look at people and look up to them. Do you not like Ron Paul? Matt Drudge? Mark Twain? There is some author that you read, some person you research, or many people you research. There are people who shape us, everyone from parents to maybe a religious figure or a moral person we admire. These are all forms of hero worship. For many years I denied I had some level of it, I was like my dad is my only hero. But I do study the writings and speeches of Dr. King, Gandhi, and other non-violent leaders throughout the globe. To me, people who struggle and don't bend on their values are true heroes. So in my older, wiser age I realize exactly what I did.

One day when you are a parent (God forbid) you'll see your child look at you like you are the greatest thing that's walk the Earth. You'll realize many things you have done and see life a bit different. I'm able to admit a lot of things now that I wouldn't before. Before I was like, I'm a man, I don't hero worship. Now I realize I do. It's things like that.

Liking/respecting/being influenced by someone is quite different than worshipping them as heroes.
As great as Mark Twain was he isn't worthy of my worship, neither are any other human beings.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2013, 12:28:21 AM »
I use hero worship liberally.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2013, 07:49:18 AM »

For someone to be my hero, I need to at least know them personally, not thru some "Equity and Fairness 103" college course reading.  But for you, I guess you get suckered in a little easier.  If you ever grow a pair (God forbid), maybe you'll get me.
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2013, 08:16:52 AM »

For someone to be my hero, I need to at least know them personally, not thru some "Equity and Fairness 103" college course reading.  But for you, I guess you get suckered in a little easier.  If you ever grow a pair (God forbid), maybe you'll get me.

As I said, over time, I'd call people like Dr. King and Gandhi my heroes, but it could be someone like a parent, a grandparent, an aunt, and uncle. And I never took Equality and Fairness courses, I did take Modern Indian history once, but that was because I already was studying Gandhi. But whatever. Like I said, I went through that faze to.... "I'M A MAN, I DON'T HAVE HEROES!"

Jack Trippa 3z company ho

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2013, 10:42:16 AM »
I agree, and I'll take it a step further...

Why do grown men get obsessive about a buncha dudes in tights playing with balls?

Mad sus.

Will_B

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2013, 11:35:26 AM »
I think why "grown" men resonate with superhero movies is that they relate to the revenge/justice part strongly.
Also that the superheroes are "regular" people that can do extraordinary things.
Then there is simply the entertainment value they have: Good vs Evil never fails as it is part of our earthbound nature.
Here in the US we are almost born with a need for an external enemy of some sort.
There is something quite primitive/savage about the whole fascination.

It's like Indiana Jones vs the Nazi's. Can't get enough of that shit

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2013, 11:38:52 AM »
motherfuckers be dressing up in superman costumes and shit...i be like damn i got kids and lets say they wanna see said movie the whole time there fucking spazzing cause thor and captain america or spiderman is in the row behind us.

i hate that shit lol

Jack Trippa 3z company ho

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2013, 12:41:15 PM »
I agree, and I'll take it a step further...

Why do grown men get obsessive about a buncha dudes in tights playing with balls?

Mad sus.

Bump for being at the bottom of last page.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2013, 09:46:56 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/GRz4FY0ZcwI?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/GRz4FY0ZcwI?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

Always liked that joint.. along with that other joint called "Superman" (If I go crazy will you still call me Superman/ if I'm alive and well will you be there holding my hand) that came out around the same time.  Those tracks really touched me at an absolutely horrible time in my life. 
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2013, 10:29:25 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/GRz4FY0ZcwI?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/GRz4FY0ZcwI?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

Always liked that joint.. along with that other joint called "Superman" (If I go crazy will you still call me Superman/ if I'm alive and well will you be there holding my hand) that came out around the same time.  Those tracks really touched me at an absolutely horrible time in my life. 

Second track you mentioned is called Kryptonite by 3 Doors Down. Both amazing songs.