Author Topic: Market-driven culture has destroyed virtue  (Read 1481 times)

Fraxxx

Re: Market-driven culture has destroyed virtue
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2013, 11:12:13 AM »
The free market is a tool and it has it's place. But society cannot be ran by the free market. The free market has to run in order to serve the people, and that's were THIS society has it wrong. We used the free market for years to help us, but now we have flipped and do what we need to prop up the free market and put the market above people. That's Fascism my friend.

The free market always serves the people MDogg.  I would love to hear you explain to me exactly how the free market does not serve the people?  The free market by it's very essence has to serve the people, because it's very livelihood depends upon consumer purchaser.  The wants and needs of the consumer have to be served.  Profiting off consumers is the name of the game.

Please explain to me how the free market does not serve the people?  I have to hear this one.

The constant feeding of bullshit to people through media aka advertising alone leaves people VERY confused about what they want or even need.
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2013, 11:26:56 AM »

The constant feeding of bullshit to people through media aka advertising alone leaves people VERY confused about what they want or even need.

I am not arguing as to whether or not what they feed is bullshit.  It may very well be bullshit.  I am arguing that whether bullshit or not, they are indeed serving the people.  You can't make money without serving the people.  Consumers are the life-blood of any business in the free-market.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Fraxxx

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2013, 11:43:27 AM »

I am not arguing as to whether or not what they feed is bullshit.  It may very well be bullshit.  I am arguing that whether bullshit or not, they are indeed serving the people.  You can't make money without serving the people.  Consumers are the life-blood of any business in the free-market.

But when it's all about making money, the system is bullshit in the first place. I strongly believe that making money shouldn't be the incentive to do what you're doing.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2013, 12:18:23 PM »
The free market is a tool and it has it's place. But society cannot be ran by the free market. The free market has to run in order to serve the people, and that's were THIS society has it wrong. We used the free market for years to help us, but now we have flipped and do what we need to prop up the free market and put the market above people. That's Fascism my friend.

The free market always serves the people MDogg.  I would love to hear you explain to me exactly how the free market does not serve the people?  The free market by it's very essence has to serve the people, because it's very livelihood depends upon consumer purchaser.  The wants and needs of the consumer have to be served.  Profiting off consumers is the name of the game.

Please explain to me how the free market does not serve the people?  I have to hear this one.

What's the solution to that? There really isn't one. There is no consensus on what is needed so who decides? The only option is to have a governing body regulate advertising and come up with a standard for what people need and/or want. However that would just be a bunch of elitists deciding what's best for everyone. We already have that in a federal government that has ridiculous drug laws, Draconian criminal sentencing, are intrusive in marriages and have stupid standards for public schools. On top of that, they've continue to push the USA to the verge of bankruptcy.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 12:20:29 PM by Teddy Roosevelt »

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2013, 12:21:13 PM »

But when it's all about making money, the system is bullshit in the first place. I strongly believe that making money shouldn't be the incentive to do what you're doing.
Why does anyone have a job? Sure they ideally work in a feild they like, but most people wouldn't have a job if making money was taken out of the equation.

Fraxxx

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2013, 12:28:38 PM »

The free market always serves the people MDogg.  I would love to hear you explain to me exactly how the free market does not serve the people?  The free market by it's very essence has to serve the people, because it's very livelihood depends upon consumer purchaser.  The wants and needs of the consumer have to be served.  Profiting off consumers is the name of the game.

Please explain to me how the free market does not serve the people?  I have to hear this one.

What's the solution to that? There really isn't one. There is no consensus on what is needed so who decides? The only option is to have a governing body regulate advertising and come up with a standard for what people need and/or want. However that would just be a bunch of elitists deciding what's best for everyone. We already have that in a federal government that has ridiculous drug laws, Draconian criminal sentencing, are intrusive in marriages and have stupid standards for public schools. On top of that, they've continue to push the USA to the verge of bankruptcy.

Unfortunately very true. But I think that we are constantly driven towards mistaking superficialities for real values. And that's one big nail in the coffin of our society.

Fraxxx

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2013, 12:37:32 PM »

Why does anyone have a job? Sure they ideally work in a feild they like, but most people wouldn't have a job if making money was taken out of the equation.

I'm about to finish up here, about to leave... I just think that the way Infinite thinks of the free market and its purpose is an end in itself an has no real purpose for the people. Later.

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2013, 12:53:45 PM »

Exactly.  

And really no matter what it is you like the market is going to try to provide for you.  For example... Sure, a lot of ignorant people may be find with shoveling Big Macs from McDonalds into their system.  But, for the people with more refined tastes and consciousness you also have health food stores, whole foods markets, wild oats grocery store.  Feel me?  Don't underestimate the problem solving abilities of the free market!

Good work, Teddy Roosevelt... although, what you said was very much unlike Teddy Roosevelt.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2013, 12:58:29 PM »

Money doesn't have to be an incentive to do what you are doing.  For example, I enjoy listening to 80's love songs.   There is no economic incentive for me to listen to 80's love songs.  Nobody is paying me to listen to them, but I do it anyway, because it's what I love to do. 

The problem occurs when I expect someone to pay me for listening to 80's love songs.  Why should they pay me?  What right do I have to demand that they pay me for listening to 80's love songs?   If I want them to give me of their precious resources, then it is up to me to provide them something that they deem worthy of payment.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2013, 01:32:02 PM »

Exactly. 

And really no matter what it is you like the market is going to try to provide for you.  For example... Sure, a lot of ignorant people may be find with shoveling Big Macs from McDonalds into their system.  But, for the people with more refined tastes and consciousness you also have health food stores, whole foods markets, wild oats grocery store.  Feel me?  Don't underestimate the problem solving abilities of the free market!

Good work, Teddy Roosevelt... although, what you said was very much unlike Teddy Roosevelt.
I have Roosevelt as my user name mainly because we have the same first name.

V2DHeart

« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2013, 03:41:51 AM »
Voting for anyone is permitting someone else to govern you rather than yourself. It's providing the consent required to be farmed like cattle by a selected farmer and you give up more than you think by voting, but then that's the whole aim of the political process. Even when they introduce rouge candidates (IE; Ron Paul) at a time when peoples confidence in politics is decreased, all they do is bring in a rouge candidate and return people to the political system as well as create a database of "potential troublemakers" to the structure of the system (ie; who is against them). We need direct democracy, but we don't even have democracy. Getting to select a leader from a short list of bought and paid for crooks and liars every 4 years is hardly democracy.

We need to educate our children on the basis of this modern slavery. We need to make sure they know that we have 2 laws - One is the universal law, common, which is the simplest and easiest one to understand --> No loss, harm or injury to anyone or their property and to not use fraud or mischief in your contracts

It is a law very easy and basic to understand. It is the ONLY true law. Today we have statutes and government legislation masquerading as the LAW but it isn't law. That's why you hear anyone who breaks a government RULE commits an "ILLEGAL" act, but not an UNLAWFUL act, because legal and lawful are different.

Schools are a waste of time. You are not taught to think for yourself, rather be rewarded on memorizing and repeating what you are told.

This entire thing is run on contractual law, and we give the government the consent to own our youth like cattle and profitable product the minute we transfer ownership of them through the registration process.

Unfortunately, trying to teach children is easier than adults, and it's difficult to get through with the truth when media and society continually spread lies and keep everyone in the dark
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>