Author Topic: Picasso was over-rated, Jay-Z is over-rated... Pac and Van Gogh were the truth  (Read 784 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Funny how Jay-Z is biggin up Picasso these days and comparing himself to Picasso.  Forget for a moment that it's fashionable to say Jay-Z is the greatest, forget for a moment that is fashionable to say Picasso was great.  And just go do an eye and ear test.  Just go to google.com and type Picasso and look at his stupid ass paintings.. what? I'm supposed to think Picasso is a genius because the eyes and ears are in the wrong places?   Jay-Z makes music for rich people, and poor people listen to it and imagine themselves to be what they are not.  It is phony, it is a fraud, and it is anathema to the true spirit of hip-hop.

Now compare that with Pac and Van Gogh.  Pac once said his whole career was inspired by the Don McClean song "Starry Night".  Just look at the Beautiful paintings in these pictures.  How Van Gogh represented for the common man, the man on the fringes, the "ragged men in ragged clothes".  Just like Pac, he was a realist.  He kept shit real and was a rose that grew through the cracks of concrete.  This is the true spirit of hip-hop, which was a culture created by and for the people on the fringes, the downtrodden, the voice of the voiceless.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/dipFMJckZOM?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/dipFMJckZOM?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3</a>

^^This is also the song that Afeni played on repeat while Pac was lying on his deathbed.  

« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 12:43:19 PM by Infinite »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Hack Wilson - real

i can cosign this...the last time Jay made a meaningful song was???

• Muthafuckin' Don!
i can cosign this...the last time Jay made a meaningful song was???

was never

MUHFUKKA

jay z basically made a career off calling himself the best rapper but its pretty retarded that youre trying to criticize paintings like you have a clue

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
jay z basically made a career off calling himself the best rapper but its pretty retarded that youre trying to criticize paintings like you have a clue

I got two eyes, nicca!  Just use your own two eyes and look at the Picasso picture...

...Still waiting for some college trained puppy dog to come on here and challenge me over Picasso.

bouli77

nice trolling mate.

funny how you judge an artist's career and relevance over a quick google search...

kinda similar on how you judge rappers... without having listened to their shit

oh and Van Gogh wasn't a realist, he was a post-impressionist.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 01:20:26 PM by bouli77 »

Heinz

You don't judge a Picasso painting by viewing it in Google images... or from a book for that matter.
That would be like listening to Mozart on broken speakers and not in front of a orchestra in an opera house.
There is a big difference between primary and secondary emotions/experiences.
I wouldn't say that I personally enjoy all of Picasso's art but I clearly recognize his talent and genius when I stand in front of it.
For a glimpse of his genius you could watch 'Visite à Picasso' a documentary that shows him painting on glass (but it will only give you a secondary experience).
When it comes to work ethic Picasso had more in common with Tupac than with Van Gogh.
I enjoyed reading " Conversations with Picasso" by Brassaï to learn more about him.
http://www.press.uchicago.edu/Misc/Chicago/071480.html

Jay-Z shoots himself in the foot with the Picasso comparison he will NEVER reach his creative, versatile or artistic expression EVER.

Your comparison between Tupac and Van Gogh is a nice romantic illusion.
Both were great artists though.

No need to try to belittle Picasso to uplift Van Gogh, they have both earned their reputation.
Jay-Z won't stand the test of time, Tupac will.
My not so humble opinion.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 01:30:23 PM by Heinz »

• Muthafuckin' Don!

funny how you judge an artist's career and relevance over a quick google search...

Nicca... he's a painter, so I'm looking at his paintings.  Am I supposed to read a companion Humanities book to go with it?   Nicca, it's a painting, take your two eyes and look at it and if it's trash then you don't need no Doctorate degree to brainwash you into saying it's dope, nicca.

Again nicca.. I'm looking at Picasso's painting right now on google over the computer.   What the hell else am I supposed to do?  He's a painter, so last I checked you LOOK at the paintings.  Am I supposed to make love to the painting?  Am I supposed to eat it?  Last I checked you look at paintings and that's what the fuck I'm doin, nicca!

THanks for the humanities lesson, nicca.. but what I meant is that Van Gogh keeps it real, and therefore like Pac, he's a REALIST!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
You don't judge a Picasso painting by viewing it in Google images... or from a book for that matter.

Thank you, Lord Hienz.  Then how shall you purpose I judge the artwork?  Shall I eat it, Lord Hienzz, and judge it upon it's taste and nutritional value?   Shall I take the painting and rub it on thy face, and judge it according to it's smoothness and warmth of touch?

That would be like listening to Mozart on broken speakers and not in front of a orchestra in an opera house.

You are right, Lord Hienz!  Picasso can not thus be appreciated here!  I must travel thyself to the high streets of Paris, and sip coffee and eat crumpets with the aristocrats, while we visit art museums about the city.. and only then, then Lord Hienz, may I truly see the majesty of our great Picasso's artwork!!

There is a big difference between primary and secondary emotions/experiences.
I wouldn't say that I personally enjoy all of Picasso's art but I clearly recognize his talent and genius when I stand in front of it.
For a glimpse of his genius you could watch 'Visite à Picasso' a documentary that shows him painting on glass (but it will only give you a secondary experience).

You are righteth, Lord Hienz!!  I once heardeth that Picasso hung from a trapeze over a balcony, upside down, and whilst doing so he painted upon a porcelain, it was a magnificent feat, Lord Hienz, and upon hearing of the challenge in hanging upon the trapeze, I came to love and appreciate the aesthetic appeal of the art porcelain!

Your comparison between Tupac and Van Gogh is a nice romantic illusion.

Your righteth Lord Hienz!  For my comparisons have not stoodeth up against peer review.  They have not found acceptance in high acedemia, and therefore it is unsophisticated of me to propose a comparison of the two!

bouli77

Nicca... he's a painter, so I'm looking at his paintings.  Am I supposed to read a companion Humanities book to go with it?   Nicca, it's a painting, take your two eyes and look at it and if it's trash then you don't need no Doctorate degree to brainwash you into saying it's dope, nicca.

Again nicca.. I'm looking at Picasso's painting right now on google over the computer.   What the hell else am I supposed to do?  He's a painter, so last I checked you LOOK at the paintings.  Am I supposed to make love to the painting?  Am I supposed to eat it?  Last I checked you look at paintings and that's what the fuck I'm doin, nicca!

THanks for the humanities lesson, nicca.. but what I meant is that Van Gogh keeps it real, and therefore like Pac, he's a REALIST!!

nice trolling man, all i'm saying is that you can't pass a credible and definitive judgment over an artist's career and legacy with just a quick search on google... you're entitled not to like it, you're entitled not to want to see more, but your opinion doesn't hold much weight and you're not entitled to pass judgments on these artists since you obviously don't know much about them.

Heinz

That's a whole lot of misspellings of my name...is it that difficult to get right?

Not sure if rubbing a Picasso painting on MY face would make you appreciate him any more but I am willing to give it a go just for you Infinite.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
That's a whole lot of misspellings of my name...is it that difficult to get right?

Pedantic-ass nicca!

Heinz

Pedantic-ass nicca!

Must be my overexposure and indoctrination from high academia.
I must unravel my programming...

Remedy360

Heinz is droppin knowledge.

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Pedantic-ass nicca!

Must be my overexposure and indoctrination from high academia.
I must unravel my programming...

You must go through the process of what the Honorable Elijah Muhammad calls "deconstruction".  You have to unlearn everything that the white man has taught you.