Author Topic: Name that Dubcnn member  (Read 15450 times)

Will_B

Re: Name that Dubcnn member
« Reply #90 on: September 15, 2013, 01:52:07 PM »
i think it might be a generational thing but cubes solo is better and has aged better if you listen to it compared to the chronic.

i loved the chronic but its production and concepts skits and themes just werent as ground breaking as what cube did at the time.

the bomb squads and sir jinx production was not being fucked with on that album when i play them both now i find cubes first album to be a mandatory listen from beginning to finish...the chronic has some songs that got played so much due to main streams exploitation of gangsta rap that i almost cringe when i hear them. cube was pushing so much information at you on that album and the bombsquads layered production was so dense i think as a kid i didnt understand it or appreciate it until now. cubes debut isnt even my preferred cube album (death certificate) but both of those albums IMO are better then the chronic.

the chronic is still one of the best albums of all times but cube dropped back to back classics way before dre and it didnt take 10 years between albums to get it done.

Cube had something to say but he's still carried by that production. You could put it out just as instrumentals and it would be no worse an album.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #91 on: September 15, 2013, 01:53:42 PM »
on all time hip hop releases whoopity whoop would be like 2.7 out of ten regulate maybe a strong four doggy style would be eight and chronic would also be that as would cypress hills first album and ice cubes debut album would be like an 8.5 as well as most of nwas albums minus nwa and the posse. ill matic would be like a 8.5 ish outkast debut would be an eight. scarfaces diary would be around an 8.7 eazy does it probably is a 7.5 of an album unclesams cure probably strong 4 maybe more. big daddy kanes first albums were probably strong 7s paid in full was a strong 8 dr dre 2001 ready to die  liquid swords and cuban linx are probably the only albums right off the top of my head that hover around the nine-ten area

Chronic 2001 over '92?
i would go there because i think 2001 is just a more polished album overall, but i aint mad at folks who feel the chronic is better than 2001. both of em are 9.5-10s in my book.

the chronics not as good an album as amerikkkas most.

anyone who says otherwise is full of shit and that was probably their introduction to rap

lol u trippin balls if u bein serious mayn

the chronic's production is on a whole nother level

i gotta agree

my fav Cube CD's have always been Bootlegs and B Sides and Death Certificate and both of those even sound out dated

Rick Venom

• 'G'
  • WuTz GoOd NiGgA?
« Reply #92 on: September 15, 2013, 01:54:24 PM »
i think it might be a generational thing but cubes solo is better and has aged better if you listen to it compared to the chronic.

i loved the chronic but its production and concepts skits and themes just werent as ground breaking as what cube did at the time.

the bomb squads and sir jinx production was not being fucked with on that album when i play them both now i find cubes first album to be a mandatory listen from beginning to finish...the chronic has some songs that got played so much due to main streams exploitation of gangsta rap that i almost cringe when i hear them. cube was pushing so much information at you on that album and the bombsquads layered production was so dense i think as a kid i didnt understand it or appreciate it until now. cubes debut isnt even my preferred cube album (death certificate) but both of those albums IMO are better then the chronic.

the chronic is still one of the best albums of all times but cube dropped back to back classics way before dre and it didnt take 10 years between albums to get it done.

Cube had something to say but he's still carried by that production. You could put it out just as instrumentals and it would be no worse an album.
lol u a fuckin idiot for sayin that, you know that?
show me where did i said i live in Poland
want me to show u? ok.....

ICHI, WHAT COUNTRY U FROM?
im from Poland
LOL!

Will_B

« Reply #93 on: September 15, 2013, 01:55:35 PM »

Don't catch feelings Rick, it's just an opinion

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #94 on: September 15, 2013, 02:00:59 PM »

the chronic has political songs but they never get remembered in retrospect...people remember "bitches aint shit but hoes and tricks..." where as cube made some gangsta/pimp shit but hes still remembered for being a politically charged rapper. im not talking about money or any of that shit but i think cubes musical legacy carries as much integrity if not more then dres.

im still mad he tried to put his wack ass sons on, mad at snoop for pushing his wack kid rapper on us too...im glad dre never tried to force his kids in our faces...no homo.

Rick Venom

• 'G'
  • WuTz GoOd NiGgA?
« Reply #95 on: September 15, 2013, 02:17:55 PM »

Don't catch feelings Rick, it's just an opinion
and its a stu[pid ass opinion

but what do u expect from a fan of dpg in 2013? u clearly have a poor ear for music to begin with.
show me where did i said i live in Poland
want me to show u? ok.....

ICHI, WHAT COUNTRY U FROM?
im from Poland
LOL!

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #96 on: September 15, 2013, 02:20:53 PM »
im still mad he tried to put his wack ass sons on, mad at snoop for pushing his wack kid rapper on us too...im glad dre never tried to force his kids in our faces...no homo.

krazysumwhat disagrees

Sccit

« Reply #97 on: September 15, 2013, 02:35:09 PM »

the chronic has political songs but they never get remembered in retrospect...people remember "bitches aint shit but hoes and tricks..." where as cube made some gangsta/pimp shit but hes still remembered for being a politically charged rapper. im not talking about money or any of that shit but i think cubes musical legacy carries as much integrity if not more then dres.

And Dres son is the most talented of all of em

But u seriously trippin if u think the production value on Amerikkkaz Most is anywhere close to The Chronic, let alone the impact the album had on rap and how timeless a record it is.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #98 on: September 15, 2013, 04:01:24 PM »

And Dres son is the most talented of all of em

But u seriously trippin if u think the production value on Amerikkkaz Most is anywhere close to The Chronic, let alone the impact the album had on rap and how timeless a record it is.

i totally agree dres son is tighter then all cubes and snoops sons and i might be crazy for saying that HERE at a westcoast forum but thats just my opinion...it really blew alot of peoples minds to hear a westcoast rapper talking about "locing up" and shit over top notch eastcoast beats. the thing was the westcoast produced songs were what anchored the album for the most part. whos the mack was a dope ass record and he was spitting some fucking knowledge at that point and time over that smooth ass westcoast beat. if dead homies would have been put on  amerikkas most it would have gave that album a great balance between coasts.

little known fact: cube still wanted and expected dr dre to produce his debut, and dre was down as fuck to do it but jerry heller shut it down. i gotta say a whole album of cube spitting his political shit over a whole album of dres shit would have been SICK AS FUCK. it probably wouldnt have sounded much different then an nwa album it just makes me wonder what those helter skelter sessions sounded like.

Sccit

« Reply #99 on: September 15, 2013, 04:18:39 PM »
instant classic

Will_B

« Reply #100 on: September 15, 2013, 11:38:20 PM »
The whole idea of legacy on the West is a sore subject

Only dope MCs will be remembered, but you need lyricism (or a production catalog if you're talking people like Warren G or Dre) + longevity to complete the picture IMO. Plenty of rappers still got it technically (even Snoop) but I'm only hearing King Tee that never fell off in either respect

So Cubes first 2 albums vs Dres production for NWA and his 2 solos. I'd be moving towards Dre, but great legacy for either taking into account everything since is dubious

Heinz

« Reply #101 on: September 16, 2013, 12:30:06 AM »
Sore subject?
Haha.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #102 on: September 16, 2013, 12:46:09 AM »
a sore subject?

GTFOH

Will_B

« Reply #103 on: September 16, 2013, 01:03:03 AM »
a sore subject?

GTFOH

Name some MCs who got a clean consistent output, who were dope from day one

Heinz

« Reply #104 on: September 16, 2013, 01:34:46 AM »
a sore subject?

GTFOH

Name some MCs who got a clean consistent output, who were dope from day one

Take your sore subject ass for a walk authism boy.
Music ain't a damn sport or competition.
The ghost of stagnation got your soul.