Author Topic: Atheist or Theist??  (Read 1266 times)

·SiNiStEr·

• Tex
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • is this mic on?
Atheist or Theist??
« on: March 15, 2003, 04:03:32 PM »
After reading the thread about Mr. Wayne's attempt to disprove Darwin's theory of evolution I have reached a conclusion, that Wayne is full of shit.

Is it necessary to compare christianity and darwinism? Anyone who knows anything about either and posseses the capability to think on their own would prefer Darwin over Jesus. Why you may ask, well Darwin wrote a scientifically factual book, Jesus left an impresssion in his lil friends.

Christianity? Ant explains christianity very well...

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=29778

I created this thread to let everyone know whos an atheist and whos not.
If anyone gives a hoot, respond to this thread with your belief and a brief explanation.

ATHEIST

There is no god, no divine intervention, and the only reason christians have a large population in this world because shallow people want..
1) Any explanation of creation, no matter how far-fetched it is.
2) A hope of an afterlife, that God will help them live a longer life.
       "I have nothing against God, it's his fanclub I hate."
:..WCC Cup Champion.. 
:..WCC Heavyweight Champion..           

Battle Record :    24-6

thats how we do..
.:-ELITE-:.    M-Dogg.. Rodzilla.. SiNiStEr.. VitoDeLuca.. Mack..  .:-ELITE-:. she wanted me to bust in her eye so she could watch my children..Fabolous

TheSheriff

Re:Atheist or Theist??
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2003, 04:08:18 PM »
Catholic

Your post was bigoted and close-minded. Hypocrisy stinks, man.

·SiNiStEr·

• Tex
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • is this mic on?
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2003, 05:44:23 PM »
for someone as inciteful as yourself, Catholicism would be the last thing i would expect. you ever question your own being? do you really think jesus saved you and that you owe him your life?

thats how we do..
.:-ELITE-:.    M-Dogg.. Rodzilla.. SiNiStEr.. VitoDeLuca.. Mack..  .:-ELITE-:. she wanted me to bust in her eye so she could watch my children..Fabolous

·SiNiStEr·

• Tex
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • is this mic on?
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2003, 05:45:09 PM »
and there is no need to criticize my post just because you dont agree with what im proclaiming.

thats how we do..

Agua

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2003, 05:49:58 PM »

i second that.

TheSheriff

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2003, 05:52:02 PM »
Insightful, or inciteful? Do you mean I have insight, or that I incite people?

And yes, I question my own being every day. And every day, I come up with same answer. There is a God; He has touched my life.

Every morning, I wake up, and I wonder at the world; all its beauty, all its troubles. All its amazing "coincidences".

To me, there is obviously something beyond the physical; self-consciousness, etc. The soul. No-one can pretend gases somehow created an other-worldly form of oneself.

And I "insulted" your post, as it brook no argument; it said any intelligent person would be an atheist. That insulted me. It said I was unreasonable and stupid.

We are both entirely sure in our beliefs; you have no way to disprove His existence, and it is very unlikely I can prove his existence to your satisfaction.

mauzip

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2003, 07:54:41 PM »
2) A hope of an afterlife, that God will help them live a longer life.

Tell me if I misunderstood your post, but atheists don't believe in God, so they can't hope God will help them live a longer life...

I believe there is something after death because I just can't imagine it's all over, but I just don't know what. I don't necessary believe in heaven or hell, I don't know what is after life.

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2003, 05:05:17 AM »
i have absolutely NO problem believing that there is nothing after death. why are people SO scared of death, that they feel the need to make up (or believe something already MADE up) a way for them to keep "living" after death. Face it, we live, we die....period. Just like every other creature on Earth. Everything comes to an end (except cockroaches lol). When a plant dies, does anyone believe it goes to a plant Heaven somewhere? lol. Why do people allow their egos to assume that we are just SO special to the world, that WE should keep "living" after death? Like ive said before, its cool if thats what they want to believe. Whatever makes u better as a person. But the idea is so unbelievably unreal, its amazing to me that people would actually buy it lol. I mean, at one point in our lives...we all believed that a fat white man, wearing all red, came from the North Pole with a bunch of reindeer and brought us presents on Christmas, and that a magical fairy brought us money for our teeth that fell out lol. Only difference, we grew out of that story because our parents finally told us it wasnt real. But the idea was just as far fetched.

TheSheriff

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2003, 02:40:27 PM »
Again, Tone insults faith under the guise of polite conversation.

I'm not even saying there is an afterlife; I just look at the world, and I'm so amazed (obviously because I'm a retard ::)), I KNOW there is something; that something has touched my life directly. Until you know every single believer in the world, you cannot judge them.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2003, 06:23:38 PM »
When a plant dies, does anyone believe it goes to a plant Heaven somewhere? lol. .

Plants don't have a soul...You're telling me you're gunna compare a human to a plant? LmAo...How dumb are you?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2003, 06:57:13 PM »
When a plant dies, does anyone believe it goes to a plant Heaven somewhere? lol. .

Plants don't have a soul...

so u can prove that people have a soul, but a plant doesnt? Go ahead, start writing. I guess money doesnt buy a good education does it Niki?

Your statement is based on the idea that everyone believes the same thing. U think with the mind of a child, i understand, u are a child...but theres no excuse because owen is younger then you, and understands FAR more then you do. If you have nothing to contribute here, other then your usual shit talkin and childish attitude, then fuckin leave. Grow up

TheSheriff

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2003, 07:02:33 PM »
so u can prove that people have a soul, but a plant doesnt? Go ahead, start writing. I guess money doesnt buy a good education does it Niki?

Your statement is based on the idea that everyone believes the same thing. U think with the mind of a child, i understand, u are a child...but theres no excuse because owen is younger then you, and understands FAR more then you do. If you have nothing to contribute here, other then your usual shit talkin and childish attitude, then fuckin leave. Grow up

a) I'm flattered

b) I'll give you my best case; obviously the soul, if it exisst, is indefinable, but I'll try. Self-knowledge. The fact we have consciousness, whereas other animals do not. That is the soul.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2003, 07:40:50 PM »
b) I'll give you my best case; obviously the soul, if it exisst, is indefinable, but I'll try. Self-knowledge. The fact we have consciousness, whereas other animals do not. That is the soul.

Consciousness, is not necessarily a "soul" quality...but a brain quality IMO. Us having a more powerful brain then other animals doesnt give us a soul. Our Brain power doesnt make us stronger then them, only in certain aspects. So we arent any more "special" then them. Im not arguing that we DONT have a soul. But NIK made a comment, and now needs to prove what he says. "We have a soul, plants dont". Prove it.

TheSheriff

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2003, 07:47:41 PM »
Consciousness, is not necessarily a "soul" quality...but a brain quality IMO. Us having a more powerful brain then other animals doesnt give us a soul. Our Brain power doesnt make us stronger then them, only in certain aspects. So we arent any more "special" then them. Im not arguing that we DONT have a soul. But NIK made a comment, and now needs to prove what he says. "We have a soul, plants dont". Prove it.

*nods* It is not necessarily a soul quality. But it seems a very unusual brain quality, that doesn't fit in wiht main idea of the brain, to me.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2003, 10:17:54 PM »
ToNe, are you an idiot? Plants aren't creatures...Damn man, get a fuckin brain...Or maybe go read a Bioligy book...You'll notice there's a difference between plants and humans...God created the Earth with Humans first in mind, not plants...Humans are at the top of the chain...That's why were allowed to eat meat and chicken...Cuz animals were created to serve us, humans, the first priority...PeACe