Author Topic: Atheist or Theist??  (Read 1264 times)

mauzip

Re:Atheist or Theist??
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2003, 10:19:41 PM »
God created the Earth with Humans first in mind, not plants...

and that's why it took billions of years before the first human being was born...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2003, 10:23:16 PM »

and that's why it took billions of years before the first human being was born...

And wheres the proof that it took billions of years? Huh?

mauzip

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2003, 10:24:13 PM »

Science my dear friend.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2003, 11:11:01 PM »

Science my dear friend.

God created the Earth in 7 days...Back then, a billion years could have been considered 7 days...Man, this arguement can go on forever, so lets just stop...PeACe

mauzip

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2003, 11:25:47 PM »
good idea because you can never win since there were dinosaurs etc. way before human beings existed :P

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2003, 11:33:28 PM »
good idea because you can never win since there were dinosaurs etc. way before human beings existed :P

Why don't you go read the Old Testimant or something...Gain some knowledge...PeACe

mauzip

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2003, 11:41:35 PM »
nah, i don't read that kind of stuff :P

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2003, 11:46:36 PM »

And that's why you're athiest...

mauzip

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2003, 11:52:33 PM »

And that's why you're athiest...

no, i am atheist because i am down to earth. i don't believe there is something that controls everything etc. you explain me why you can interpretet the bible so many different ways... if religion would make sense even a little bit to me than the bible should be interpreteted only one way. that's not the case. besides that it says that god made people, etc. that can't be true. this is actually kinda useless to discuss. i can't convince religious people religion is bull, and religious people can't convince me god exists. but everybody should believe what he/she wants. if you feel happy with your religion you have my blessing ;)

one love :)

Trauma-san

« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2003, 08:46:41 PM »
When a plant dies, does anyone believe it goes to a plant Heaven somewhere? lol. .

Plants don't have a soul...

so u can prove that people have a soul, but a plant doesnt? Go ahead, start writing. I guess money doesnt buy a good education does it Niki?

Dude, you're ignorant to faiths around the world.  Many religions believe that YES, plants do have souls, or spirits, and just like every other living thing, the spirit lives on after death.  You say we're arrogant for thinking we're special enough to live eternally; I say you're arrogant for assuming there's no creator greater than yourself out there.  When was the last time you created a tree, or created an animal, or one of the thousands of species of mosquito?  That's all coincidence, right?  If it's possible, why can't scientists create life?  Science ITSELF has proven that it's impossible to create life out of inanimate objects, so how is their entire creation theory based on that very fact?  It's rediculous.  

ALL evidence points at a design to the universe, even down to the simple cell.  

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2003, 11:04:35 PM »
I beleive in God, and follow Sikhism.  Evolution does not really conflict with our beliefs, in a way, like the Big Bang theory, it could be a possible explanation, BUT, God made it all happen. Like Trauma said, science itself has proven that it's impossible to create life out of inanimate objects.   Oh, btw, we beleive plants are unconcious, animals are somewhat concious and humans are half concious[we have the ability to be fully concious], and that God and our Gurus/Prophets are fully concious and awakend.  But that ALL living things have souls, including plants.  I mean, for it to LIVE itself, is because of spirit and soul.  If not in a religious context, then in the web of life, a universal form of energy.  Oh btw, animals dont live to SERVE us lol, we dont really rule every living creature haha.  

-{bLaDe}
« Last Edit: March 18, 2003, 11:08:54 PM by .:[b L a D e]:. »
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

mauzip

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2003, 11:18:02 PM »
I beleive in God, and follow Sikhism.  Evolution does not really conflict with our beliefs, in a way, like the Big Bang theory, it could be a possible explanation, BUT, God made it all happen. Like Trauma said, science itself has proven that it's impossible to create life out of inanimate objects.   Oh, btw, we beleive plants are unconcious, animals are somewhat concious and humans are half concious[we have the ability to be fully concious], and that God and our Gurus/Prophets are fully concious and awakend.  But that ALL living things have souls, including plants.  I mean, for it to LIVE itself, is because of spirit and soul.  If not in a religious context, then in the web of life, a universal form of energy.  Oh btw, animals dont live to SERVE us lol, we dont really rule every living creature haha.  

-{bLaDe}

Just wondering... what is your definition of a soul? (I'm asking everybody here)

And why the hell would human beings, let's put it like this, be 'higher in rank' than animals? Aren't we animals ourselves?

Suga Foot

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2003, 11:19:36 PM »
This thread is fuckin hilarious.  Props to Owen btw.  He's a real understanding dood.

TheSheriff

« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2003, 11:34:19 PM »
Suga: Word.

Mauzip: Because we pathetic religionists believe we are made in God's image, and cockroaches and sea cucumbers are not. Therefore, we are on a higher plane of existence to them. However, the Sikhs believe plants are unconscious souls, animals semi-conscious souls, and humans fully conscious souls.

mauzip

« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2003, 11:37:32 PM »
Suga: Word.

Mauzip: Because we pathetic religionists believe we are made in God's image, and cockroaches and sea cucumbers are not. Therefore, we are on a higher plane of existence to them. However, the Sikhs believe plants are unconscious souls, animals semi-conscious souls, and humans fully conscious souls.

people are not pathetic if they have a religion. then 99% of the world would be pathetic ;)

it's just... the whole religion thing is unbelievable for me. you can interpretet it so many different ways, there are so many questions where's no answer for, there is proof the bible isn't (always) right, you go to hell if you are not from the right religion (what is the right religion? your own religion), etc.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2003, 11:40:23 PM by mauzip »